IGNORED

Most cringeworthy Duggar episode(s)

jchelleslastegg

I think every episode is cringeworthy, in it's own special way. This is why I haven't been able to sit through an entire episode in a couple of years. The one I find the most cringeworthy though, was the "hotdog down the hallway" one.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The one I find the most cringeworthy though, was the "hotdog down the hallway" one.

Please don't tell me that means what I think it means...

I don't think I have ever seen an episode with any of the kids being sick. Which ones are you guys talking about?

Where all the littles are puking into styrofoam cups

Puking from motion sickness from one of the early specials, chickenpox, strep throat, sick when the Bateses visited, and recently Michael puking all over himself during the girls' book tour. That's what I can recall off the top of my head.

Well right now, I'm watching Josh + Anna's wedding episode and listening to Josh singing to her...totally forgot this happened. Very cringe-worthy, indeed. And Josh was sooo Pecan-like in these early episodes...good Lord

He pretty much said that having sex with Michelle, was like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

Holy shit, why?????? Jimbob said that????? I know loads of people who snark on the Duggars joke about how Michelle's vagina must look by now, and the terms "clown car" and "hotdog down a hallway" come up a lot in Duggar discussion.....but from Jimbob? I cant believe he said that and cant believe that Michelle didn't tell him to fuck off and deny his hotdog access to her hallway for months.

If I had sex with someone and then they criticised my vagina on national television they would never see it or me ever again.

Well right now, I'm watching Josh + Anna's wedding episode and listening to Josh singing to her...totally forgot this happened. Very cringe-worthy, indeed. And Josh was sooo Pecan-like in these early episodes...good Lord

I get nauseating Fremdscham just thinking about this.

When the kid fell down the Orchestra Pit and Michelle was filming it on her camera phone and smiling like a jackass. No concern there for her own son. She has to be drugged because her reaction to his fall was not normal.

He pretty much said that having sex with Michelle, was like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.

He actually said that?!

He actually said that?!

He is very crude and has no class. What man talks like that about his wife especially saying it to the whole world in front of cameras.

I could totally be wrong of course, and probably am. I'm not sitting through hours of their mess to see if I'm right or wrong...lol.

I could totally be wrong of course, and probably am. I'm not sitting through hours of their mess to see if I'm right or wrong...lol.

ETA: I brought this thread up to my husband, and even HE remembers Jim Bob saying it.

Not an obviously cringeworthy episode, but I'm watching the one where they go to Ireland and laughing at them going to Causey Farm. Causey Farm caters for hen (bachelorette) parties. I'd love if one of them found a stray penis shaped straw in the mud.

Although, the more I watch it the more I realise that it is an obviously cringeworthy episode. The part where the Scottish guy told them that he doesn't believe in God was hilarious. They really are very sheltered. I think they'd be shocked at how many people don't actually believe in God.

The time the family traveled to Florida to see Priscilla's baby, Paul, shortly after his birth, Anna AGAIN emphasized that she was both married aaaaaaaaaaaand a mother BEFORE Priscilla and that it was cool to be able to give her OLDER sister "baby advice."  Working up a sweat in the reproductive race much?  She also confessed that it was so much harder with two kids than one, she wondered how she was going to cope when she had six. 

One of my least favorite moments watching the Duggar kiddos out in the wider world: when they accept the invitation to Restoration Church by their trainer's pastor friend. It was the episode where the 'gender' of Josh and Anna's third child was revealed.

This giant congregation celebrates their faith with a very jubilant spirit- live band, many-membered choir up on stage boisterously singing, members of the congregation dancing, clapping hands and singing along. And there's the whole line of Duggarlings, mouths agape in utter horror.

They're frowning, looking down, looking at each other in complete confusion and disdain. Only Boob, Jchelle, Smugs and Anna are smiling, clapping with the beat, even swaying a bit. I've always wondered what they told the kids later... "Yes, those people were listening to rock music and even dancing. But we don't do that because we're Jesus' favorites and we're going to heaven, but they....are not."

Just saw "Dishing with the Duggars" the other day. Anna watching the birth of a cow (? I don't remember, I just sort of skimmed over the episode on YouTube) and saying "That's cute but BABIES ARE BETTER!" Then on Jill's wedding episode she says "Practice makes progress and progress makes babies!" Yes, we get it, you like babies and want more. I like babies and want more too. It's not the topic of every single conversation I have!!! Jeez!

Speaking of which, in Priscilla's wedding episode, it showed Anna telling Priscilla she should have Josh give David the birds & bees talk. Gah! We get that too! You're married and have sex! Funny how you won't let your kids watch a show with a lady in a low-cut shirt because it makes you think about sex, but you can talk about sex all you want and it's ok. Give me a break! Oh, and Priscilla looks at her totally confused, of course, like, "Why would we be talking about birds and bees? Huuuuuhhhh?"

I've seen all the older specials and every episode up until about 2 years ago and I've never heard Jim Bob say sex was like throwing a hotdog down a hallway. I've only ever heard/read that when people make fun of Michelle on the internet. "Holy crap! Have you heard about that lady with the 19 kids?! Sex must be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway!"

I have heard the 'hotdog down a hallway' joke but not from Jim Bob. Unless someone can point me to an actual clip of him saying this, I don't believe it. It's very crude and very insulting, and while he can be crude (dry humping on the golf course) I seriously, seriously doubt that he would ever make a statement like that about his wife and their sex life. There's just no way.

That one where Boob thought he could actually have a Duggar family farm, then he gives JD, Joseph and Josiah a birds and the bees talk after he's elbow deep in a cow's ass.

I felt bad for the kids.

Archived