IGNORED

Most cringeworthy Duggar episode(s)

jchelleslastegg

That awkward grab and kiss by Josh as the wedding party was running out, that was cringeworthy. The blues brothers sunglasses just made it worse. Poor Anna, she didn't seem to be expecting it. Maybe because Josh had to stomp past some people to get to the aisle. I bet that was painful for Anna and whoever was in his way. :roll:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of them are cringe-worthy, but that instance where the Duggars are in Scotland and Jim Boob proseltyzing to the nonbeliever was what really made me mad. Way to endear yourself to the local folk, moron.

I cringe at the ones when the little ones are being "trained up" or stifled - whenever Michelle says " when I say it - you obey it".

As a kid, I never liked the parental "because I said so" and I have tried to always give my kids a reason - sometimes the reason is 'when I'm serious faced you need to listen quickly for safety' - like if we are in a parking lot and I don't have time to explain - but I want my kids to know when I / we make rules or dictate to them exactly how to do something ( which in my case isn't all that often ) that I have reasons - that I'm not just a "benevolent dictator" - which is how my father described himself and which I still resent.

I also wonder what kind of punishment or training goes on off camera to accomplish a that obedience.

I also cringe whenever one little one is answering honestly and another one corrects them - like the subtext is 'you better not say it that way or we're going to get into trouble'.

And I wonder if there is post show reviewing to coach the kids how to answer questions on the show interview sections. I'll beg there are " say this not that " types if meetings and review sessions.

My other cringe worthy is whenever Jb goes in for a kiss and michelle has to submit - and we all now know he has very bad breath. So it must be yucky, she clearly does like all the kissing. There isn't as much of the kissing as in past seasons but there is still way too much of it. Also she never initiates the kiss - it is always JB taking his manly right to one and her not being able to refuse.

I haven't seen all that many episodes; I catch some here and there. But, as others have mentioned, when they are in Scotland and JimBob asks the Scottish man, "What's your faith background?" And the Scottish man looks at him likes he's insane, which of course he is. Way to sound like a religious idiot Boob.

In England, Jana is reading the menu at a restaurant and the dessert is Trifle. And she doesn't know the word Trifle (tree-flay?) OMG. Nice edjumacation.

When they are in Israel and Jessa and Jim Bob are discussing money conversion. Jim Bob is trying to figure out how to convert dollars to shekels or vice versa. You can tell he vaguely remembers from his actual education that he should multiply or divide, but he's not sure which. Jessa, meanwhile, looks on completely dumbfounded that such an equation is even possible. One hundred percent clueless. Again, so impressive with the SOTDRT edjumacation.

in Jana's defense it's tough to know pronunciation without being exposed to TV, movies, or the radio. Growing up one of my pastors used to call atoms "uh-TOMS" and galaxies "guh-LAHK-seez" So yeah. This was a pastor educated in mennonite schools. There have to be tons of little menno kids running around thinking that's how you say those words. :lol:

Another episode stands out is Anna's home birth episode.... I'd be mortified if Michelle came in the bathroom while I was giving birth.

And Josh's "iPray" T-shirt is all sorts of wrong.

Any episode where they mention training children. You raise your children and train your animals.

Also any episode where they brag about being late "Duggar Time" like it's a good thing. In one episode though, J'Chelle blames it on the fact that she doesn't get in there and see that it's done. That would make her a mother :pink-shock: I can't stand people that are late and this irresponsibile, uncaring attitude irks me to no end.

That time Josh tried to make an incest joke when Jana and JD had to chaperone him and Anna while they courted. "We ARE from Arkansas!"

Shut up, twerp.

That time Josh tried to make an incest joke when Jana and JD had to chaperone him and Anna while they courted. "We ARE from Arkansas!"

Shut up, twerp.

Smug is a tool sometimes. On the upside, DC is doing wonders for him.

In England, Jana is reading the menu at a restaurant and the dessert is Trifle. And she doesn't know the word Trifle (tree-flay?) OMG. Nice edjumacation.

She also called Bangers and Mash "Bongers and Mash", but the a did look like an o on the menu board.

The whole UK/Israel trip was a trainwreck. Then again was trip hasn't been??

She also called Bangers and Mash "Bongers and Mash", but the a did look like an o on the menu board.

The whole UK/Israel trip was a trainwreck. Then again was trip hasn't been??

That England trip makes me want to spew.

Or when they went to Israel and that guy was talking to Jessa and Jill? I think, and JB swam over and was like "Hi, I'm daddy."

Oh, and I finally caught that episode where Joseph graduates from ALERT, and everyone was right about Jinger being a WWII bride. She was crying when she saw him.

When they visited Pastor Howard's church and Michelle talked about how they all enjoyed it so much in her voiceover while most of the kids looked absolutely horrified by the music and dancing and the some of the older ones tried to clap along awkwardly.

Pa Keller claiming Jesus made grape juice! No where in the Bible is there anything about juice. Can't believe he wasn't called out for that. Steve Maxwell would never approve such a statement! Ha ha

Or when they went to Israel and that guy was talking to Jessa and Jill? I think, and JB swam over and was like "Hi, I'm daddy."

That part made me want to punch JB in the face. The girls were very interested talking to that guy about their different cultures and a-hole has to come over and break it up. Couldn't he have just hovered nearby?

In the TH he said that he was concerned what that man's "intentions" might be. He was with HIS own wife and family, so it appeared. He was probably curious with all the cameras around who they were.

lol. Like that guy was going to try to grope them or something with cameras rolling and a ton of people nearby.

Please.

Apologies if this has already been quoted.

"Anniversaries to remember"

JB & Michelle TH. Michelle is asked how JB lets her know he's in the mood!! Seriously. She says he raises his eyebrows, he holds up a card which says "Say "Hey, hey hey."" They both laugh as if they're really fun people.

How revolting is that!

Archived