IGNORED

Duggars and music

silvia

I cant imagine derrick or Ben had so many limits to what they can hear or see. I wonder if Jill is now privy to a whole new world of music...I hope so

When the instrumentalist in the plaza asked Derick and Jill if they liked music, I did not hear Jill ask what kind of music. Also, she did not turn or walk away.

I'd bet they listen to all kinds of music-

I grew up not being allowed to listen to "modern" music. Which meant anything after the mid-50's. All Country and Gospel up to that point was allowed. My grandfather did love his 50's & 60's music though and would often have the radio on the Oldies when working the yard or his shop. But if my grandmother was around- only baseball games or news radio.

I remember some cousins coming to visit from California and one of them having a boombox and cassette tape of the Bangles.... Oh my, we did love hearing it and I think I had those songs memorized by the end of that week. My mother would have been scandalized!

Is it Gothard or one of the other fundie whacko gurus who won't allow music that is in a minor key because Christians aren't allowed to fill their heads with anything gloomy?

The thing is if you grew up with secular music like Boob and Jchelle, how could you not think of it ? If I recall, in the early special you could see Michelle mouthing YMCA on a Disney ride.I woudl go nut without a variety of songs. I can't imagine what would be wrong with innocent songs like "Over the Rainbow". I heard they did watch the "Sound of Music".

I wonder too if they knew Miley Cyrus when an interviewer asked what advice they would give Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber. Surely they have seen them on mag covers in the check out line at supermarkets. It is hard to miss.

The Duggars happily go to Arkansas football games--featuring a marching band (with a percussion section) and cheerleaders. Such hypocrites.

There is no way the kids don't hear secular music while shopping. (My local Goodwill store, for example, tends to play an old R&B station--and gospel on Sundays!)

I don't see why Mr. and Mrs Dillard can't rock out in the comfort of their own home, as long as they are alone--if the music stirs up "feelings" they can just hit the sofa & righteously fulfill them. :D

Archived