IGNORED

Nathan Maxwell teaches us to use our iPhones

lilith

itonramp.com/courses/iphone-i-ssentials/57

Well actually, he'll teach you about blocking access to websites and limiting the capabilities of your iPhone.

Are there seriously people who will pay for this? I guess the people who have google blocked on their iPhone have to, but jesus....what a waste of money.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there are people in fundyland with the income to buy an iPhone, who would then pay a Maxwell to teach them?

Maxwells are fairly average middle class. Their appeal is therefore to middle class and down. This group, in fundyland, are usually on a fairly limited income due to having eleventy billion kids and one income. Therefore, no iPhones due to cost. Middle class and up wouldn't be paying for lessons from the Maxwells. (I just can't see John Webster or Joshie Philips turning to a Maxwell to learn to use their phone.)

There are a few exceptions like the Duggars and Bates but there can't be too many others, are there?

How much is this privilege going to set you back?

I know instructional videos on YouTube are inevitably chock full of feminism and evolution and Satan worshiping cats, but they are free.

If you can't figure out how to enable access control on a iPhone then you should not be using a iPhone it is dirt easy. But get over the cost of a iPhone you can get a free one every two years.

Seriously? If I have a problem with my iphone, I have my daughter talk me through it from her college dorm, or I hand it to my nine-year-old neighbor and she fixes me right up. I'm trying to say that I'm very stupid when it comes to my smart phone; but not stupid enough to pay for his class.

I really can't see how Nathan can support his family. If our daughter was married to a man who didn't have a reliable source of income (um...a REAL JOB) my husband and I would be making some noise. I guess an honorable work ethic is not part of Steve's teachings.

How much is this privilege going to set you back?

I know instructional videos on YouTube are inevitably chock full of feminism and evolution and Satan worshiping cats, but they are free.

$20. But your whole family can watch! So your teens can see just what you do to restrict their access to the wider web and reverse it the second your back is turned. But no mentoring or private chats this time.

You know what doesn't require a ton of censoring and modifications to meet fundie needs? A non smart phone. You also save a ton on data I hear.

Yes, but they're probably full of feminism and evolution. You know how secular phone tutorials can be.

Yes, probably a woman wearing pants or with a short-ish haircut and mascara.

Yeah, I don't see how they can be making any money on this Iphone course. The description says that the whole family can watch the webinars for one $20 registration. That means that theoretically you, your headship, your 14 darling arrows, grandma, grandpa, your cousin, and a half dozen other people could all watch together. There aren't that many fundies and therefore not that many registration fees.

I swear the Maxwells are cornering the market on how to separate a fool and his money. I need to come up with my own money making scam. Maybe I can teach people how to flush the toilet or use a microwave.

I don't understand how the Maxwells think they are being good Christians when they are charging people for services they know are free to everyone other places.

Seriously? If I have a problem with my iphone, I have my daughter talk me through it from her college dorm, or I hand it to my nine-year-old neighbor and she fixes me right up. I'm trying to say that I'm very stupid when it comes to my smart phone; but not stupid enough to pay for his class.

Seriously! Most of my extended family, regardless of what phone they have, all call my ( according to Stevehova) "heathen, godless and immoral " niece. She can hack/unlock/figure out any mobile device within minutes.

Who would pay for this?

People who dust their ceiling fans after every meal, and are afraid of buttons that contrast with their clothing. :twisted:

Anything you need to know about any smartphone is a google search away. For free.

I suspect a big part of this course will be about how one mustn't trust the hearts of one's helpmeet and blessings to the evils that google may bring - thus you need a godly Maxwell to explain how to own a smartphone but not use most of its features.

I swear the Maxwells are cornering the market on how to separate a fool and his money. I need to come up with my own money making scam. Maybe I can teach people how to flush the toilet or use a microwave.

I don't understand how the Maxwells think they are being good Christians when they are charging people for services they know are free to everyone other places.

that has been a Christian goal since the beginning

Yes, probably a woman wearing pants or with a short-ish haircut and mascara.

And taking a swig from a can of Pepsi every two minutes.

I would pay, I hate technology, and I feel stupid with this kind of things. But I would NEVER have iPhone or this kind phone who have internet, etc, so... :embarrassed:

Archived