IGNORED

Is Josiah quietly swept under the rug?

isarhenne

Nope, but it might be a place where he can just go along saying what he needs to say to stay off the radar, and figure out how he might get himself away for good from all of it.

Or another theory... maybe he put his foot down about being constantly filmed, and ALERT was a compromise that was acceptable to both him and his parents?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think "compromise" is on JB+M's radar. They're in charge. Period.

I wonder if maybe ATI is actually paying the Duggars just to keep at least one kid at all times in their programs, whether's it is ALERT, JTTH etc.? If ATI is losing members and money, they probably desperately need the Duggars. They're supposed to be the glowing example of how if you do everything right, it all works out. Nevermind all the fundies with 10+ kids who are so poor they can barely feed their kids...

They obviously are paying Michelle and JB to speak at their events, so I wouldn't be surprised if they paid JB for the Duggar kids to attend their programs. Now, that obviously doesn't explain why it is disproportionately Josiah who is there...but I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least part of it. I mean, let's face it, none of those boys do anything in their life that remotely requires the type of training provided at ALERT. Can you imagine Boob ever doing obstacle courses and that type of physical labor? (I take that back - don't try to imagine it...)

I'm not sure that I by "he doesn't like being filmed" either. He always seemed pretty comfortable with the cameras.

I'm not sure that I by "he doesn't like being filmed" either. He always seemed pretty comfortable with the cameras.

Josiah was my gateway Duggar because he was so charming on TH. That's what made me start liking the Duggar kids.

bwahahaha. That's funny. They'd be ATI girls from out of town. Unless he wants to hit on a waitress at the local bbq joint, Longhorn Smokehouse. We used to eat there every time we went jeeping.

eta never mind it's closed now :lol: sad trombone.

That's what I was thinking, too. In the Prayer Calendar right before that one, he was listed as a cadet (camper). While I can't imagine this being the case, we have to consider the possibility that he actually enjoyed his time there and wants to be there for similar reasons to Jana enjoying her time at Journey to the Heart. I mean, it sure doesn't sound like fun to me, but who knows? We don't know the kid. Maybe it gave his existence some meaning and gave him an identity. Just trying to remain open-minded!

He sounded really excited when he was about to go to ALERT, how Joseph had been and he wants to go to, he sounded like he was looking forward to it. And man, it may not expand his horizons but it must feel like it does! Plus, he isn't expected to clean every single toilet in the place.

It's probably the latter. I never see his parents showing him any kind of affection. Actually, the only ones I've seen do anything like are Jinger and Joy Anna. (Or whatever little he holds. He seems to be good with babies.)

Among other reasons, he may just want to be away from JB. Remember when Michelle told everyone she was pregnant the last time, and someone on here did a brilliant job of putting still pics together of the aftermath - apparently Josiah had run from the room, then JB left, most of the other kids were looking at whatever was going down, then JB reappears amongst the group and Josiah reappears on the other side of the group behind his grandmother. He looked extremely upset and like he'd been crying. He probably didn't want his mother or another baby to risk dying again. But he did it in front of the cameras :shifty: so you know - JB may have gotten severe. Sorry to speculate, but that series of pictures told such an amazing story, and speaking from experience I got the immediate sense that Josiah had just been roughed up. JB is not at ALERT, no matter how else life is like there.

That would just result in all the "kids" having their cell phones confiscated.

Yeah but the Duggar kids have to be better at grabbing their Hogwarts letter than Harry was.

Holy shit, Pickles and Hairspray posted new Josiah pictures. Hopefully he's out for good and not just for Jessa's impending wedding.

I think I spend way too much time worrying about this dude. lol

Jesus fuck. Even accounting for shitty lighting/ filters Josiah looks TERRIBLE. [CONFOUNDED FACE]

ETA: Ahahahaha Tapatalk obviously can't handle emojis, I wasn't going for confounded!

I don't know. I remember being worried about Josiah the season before he left for Alert. He was hardly ever on camera and even in the talking heads he was silent. Of course that could just be teenager-stuff, but he seemed unhappy. Which makes me suspect ALERT is either a punishment or the only option he sees as a way to get out of the home.

Of course, the older boys do kind of fall off the show's radar at a certain age. We rarely see John David and Joseph, either, so it may just be that they are doing manly things that aren't interesting for filming. I sure hope he's okay and that whatever he's learning at ALERT, he's also learning things that might help him become an independent adult.

who are pickles and hairspray ?

and the picture I saw of Josiah - was one where all the brothers were before they left on some bus with Josh

It's this facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Duggar-Family-News-Life-is-not-all-pickles-and-hairspray/269181913180625

Siah's looking pretty crazy eyed, I feel bad for him.

Yep, he's still being swept under the rug. Was there even a shot of him in last night's episode?

Though i did find a picture where he looks 100% done with this shit. (it says it's too big to post as an image)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JjNVPB4iTy0/VFCBOD7kPVI/AAAAAAAAPTU/htnCLamH0fg/s1600/IMG_6872.jpg

I was looking for him but never saw him. From a distance him and the twins could be mistaken for one another, I think. Jed and Jer.

ha ha love that pic, at least we know he was there.

Alright, so we’ve been talking about why Josiah is still away to Alert. Today TLC showed the episode where Joseph graduated from Alert. I couldn’t help but compare Josiah and Joseph. First of all, Joseph spent 9 weeks at ALERT and then graduated. It made me wonder, did Josiah graduate already? Is it the ALERT academy that decide when you are ready to graduate? Does that mean Josiah hasn’t met all the requirements yet?

Also, everyone in the Duggar clan seemed so happy to see Joseph after he was gone for 9 weeks. Joy-Anna and the little ones actually gave him a real big hug (which made me smile because I love to see these kids be affectionate amongst one another. At least it shows that their parents weren’t able to kill that little part of them.) Jinger seemed so anxious to see him. She and Joseph seem to have a good sister-brother bond. Even Michelle had tears in her eyes. But… he was gone for 9 weeks. How long has Josiah been gone now? Way more than two months. And no one is crying their eyes out? No one misses hi. I know reality TV doesn’t show everything. Maybe the Duggar kids do miss Josiah and it simply wasn’t shown on TV. But seriously, the difference between Joseph and Josiah is so baffling. We you compare the two, it really looks like Josiah is in ALERT to be out of the way. No one seems to be anxious that he comes back. Sad. :cry:

PS: Nice picture. At least Josiah still has that funny spark in him. :)

Joseph went to the 9 week ALERT basic training program. His graduation was featured in an episode.

Josiah started the year at basic training, graduated, and then started a series of "elective" ALERT courses that kept him there for most of the year. The show has not addressed this in any real way, and although he attended Jill's wedding, he was not seen in the episode. By contrast I must have seen Jeremiah - never much of a prime time player - at least 10 times during the wedding episode but saw Josiah for a 10th of a second as he apparently was preparing to walk his grandmother down the aisle.

So something is up with Josiah, although what it is ain't exactly clear.

Maybe it is more TLC machinations.

I'm basically bored and over the Duggars. Jill Season was boring as heck except the snarkalicious wedding, at which I played the drinking game.

BUT

I would totally tune in to see about Josiah.

Joseph went to the 9 week ALERT basic training program. His graduation was featured in an episode.

Josiah started the year at basic training, graduated, and then started a series of "elective" ALERT courses that kept him there for most of the year. The show has not addressed this in any real way, and although he attended Jill's wedding, he was not seen in the episode. By contrast I must have seen Jeremiah - never much of a prime time player - at least 10 times during the wedding episode but saw Josiah for a 10th of a second as he apparently was preparing to walk his grandmother down the aisle.

So something is up with Josiah, although what it is ain't exactly clear.

Thanks for clearing this. I really wasn't certain. I didn't know Josiah graduated. Yeah it is kind of weird how he hasn't been featured at all on the show. It really makes me wonder what is up with him.

The episode of Joseph graduated was on yesterday. I wonder if Josiah will get one? Probably not because I can't imagine he wants to be there. That kind of looked like Joseph's type of thing, but not really Josiah's.

Archived