IGNORED

Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill resigned

DCM

Here is the resignation letter. marshill.com is being tempermental.

religionnews.com/2014/10/15/exclusive-mark-driscolls-resignation-letter-to-mars-hill-church/

Blah blah blah woe is me why are you big meanies being so mean.

This stuck out.

Prior to and during this process there have been no charges of criminal activity, immorality or heresy, any of which could clearly be grounds for disqualification from pastoral ministry.

Because apparently neither abuse nor misappropriating church funds for personal gain is immoral.

THERE IS NO EYE-ROLLING SMILEY THAT CAN EXPRESS JUST HOW FAR BACK IN MY HEAD MY EYES ARE CURRENTLY ROLLING.

I'm anticipating that he'll do what Gothard and others like them have done since time began: he'll take a few months in "prayer and study" and come back with a New Ministry Just For God. I'm betting on next fall at the latest.

I'm anticipating that he'll do what Gothard and others like them have done since time began: he'll take a few months in "prayer and study" and come back with a New Ministry Just For God. I'm betting on next fall at the latest.

I wonder if he could make a career out of just writing books.

I wonder if he could make a career out of just writing books.

Ugh, he would totally write a book about being a victim of witch hunt Christianity.

And people would eat it up.

Ugh, he would totally write a book about being a victim of witch hunt Christianity.

And people would eat it up.

I'm just wondering if enough people would eat it up that he could make a living out of it. I mean, I doubt he's going to start a whole new mega church. For one, he'd have to leave Seattle. Mars Hill, uh, has that market covered in Seattle. I suppose he could go to an "unchurched" area like Vegas or SF and do it all over again. But I can't imagine someone who has already been at the top of a mega church hierarchy and success would want to start all over from scratch. At the same time, he's got a wife and five kids to take care of, so he needs a career. I just don't know if he'd have the audience to make a career of writing.

I'm just wondering if enough people would eat it up that he could make a living out of it. I mean, I doubt he's going to start a whole new mega church. For one, he'd have to leave Seattle. Mars Hill, uh, has that market covered in Seattle. I suppose he could go to an "unchurched" area like Vegas or SF and do it all over again. But I can't imagine someone who has already been at the top of a mega church hierarchy and success would want to start all over from scratch. At the same time, he's got a wife and five kids to take care of, so he needs a career. I just don't know if he'd have the audience to make a career of writing.

I don't think he'd be super well off, but I suspect he could make a living writing/speaking, if need be. For the sake of his wife and kids, I hope he has saved a good deal of money and his family won't have to go without. I kind of suspect he has. He seems like a resourceful, intentional megalomaniac, a la Bill Gothard, as opposed to someone who is just a kind of out-of-control megalomaniac, a la Pissing Preacher.

I'm wondering whether he goes the route of lecturer/conference organizer. I think he's lucky in that his name is becoming recognizable in areas that are unfamiliar with the drama surrounding Mars Hill.

A male Beth Moore maybe?

He could write a book on how to plagiarize :D

Guess when he met with the review board, they told him that he was history. I noticed that he states specifically that he is resigning both as pastor and elder (!). I'm sure both a lawyer and a public relations guy were involved in writing the letter of resignation. We just wanna know, is there dirt involved? With the language relating to no pastoral disqualification, the letter is saying, in essence, you can't pin anything on me

For a guy that is such a flaming misogynist, there is a lot of "Grace and I" in that letter.

The conspiracy theorist in me is thinking something in the milk ain't clean. No way would "Pastor" Douchebro go without a fight.

Please let the door hit you in your punchable face on your way out, Mark.

I'm wondering whether he goes the route of lecturer/conference organizer. I think he's lucky in that his name is becoming recognizable in areas that are unfamiliar with the drama surrounding Mars Hill.

A male Beth Moore maybe?

But he really doesn't have any organization or people outside of Mars Hill on his side. Especially after Acts29 dumped him. Who else would provide support and resources for a conference he organized?

He could write a book on how to plagiarize :D

Guess when he met with the review board, they told him that he was history. I noticed that he states specifically that he is resigning both as pastor and elder (!). I'm sure both a lawyer and a public relations guy were involved in writing the letter of resignation. We just wanna know, is there dirt involved? With the language relating to no pastoral disqualification, the letter is saying, in essence, you can't pin anything on me

For a guy that is such a flaming misogynist, there is a lot of "Grace and I" in that letter.

The letter on marshill.com says they were taken by surprise by his resignation and they did not call for it.

Finally, Mark Driscoll was not asked to resign; indeed, we were surprised to receive his resignation letter.

Blah blah blah woe is me why are you big meanies being so mean.

This stuck out.

Because apparently neither abuse nor misappropriating church funds for personal gain is immoral.

THERE IS NO EYE-ROLLING SMILEY THAT CAN EXPRESS JUST HOW FAR BACK IN MY HEAD MY EYES ARE CURRENTLY ROLLING.

I read that to mean he hasn't sexually harassed or sexually assaulted anyone. I don't think the word Moral means anything more to them, and I think what we think of as morals they call "having values" or something like that.

I read that to mean he hasn't sexually harassed or sexually assaulted anyone. I don't think the word Moral means anything more to them, and I think what we think of as morals they call "having values" or something like that.

Yup. For these people, "morality" equals "not sticking your dick into someone who isn't your wife." Any other behavior is fair game.

The whole city of Seattle practically ran him out of town. They started closing their neighborhood churches one by one and now it seems like Mars Hill will be downsizing for good. Many of their previous church buildings are being sold. I can't think of anyone I knew personally who viewed Mars Hill Church in a positive light, although someone must have liked him otherwise the churches would've never opened in the first place.

Good riddance.

Good bye and good riddance, until you resurface again.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/201 ... l-resigns/

Some of my favorite take aways from the comments section of that Seattle Times article:

***********************************************************************************************

Mr Driscoll announced that he would be going through Christian Reparative Therapy, seems this will not work on the Christian or sexual preference ailments. Cons Anonymous probably wouldn't work for this man either.

Spam post: Great opportunity to earn extra money. Make .00 For Every Email You Process And Get Paid INSTANTLY! NO Selling - NOT MLM - ==== http://www.Work4Hour.Com

Reply: That moment where a spam comment becomes an amazing meta-comment on a religious movement.

Mr. Driscoll was not authorized by God to be nasty and cruel. Driscoll himself fell into what Nikita Khrushchev described as "the cult of personality".

Interesting that he points out that his wife supports him. Of course for 18 years he has preached that that's her only purpose in life, so no surprise there.

Was he caught patronizing a prostitute?

reply: Yes, himself

Oh, snap!

It looks like references to Mark Driscoll have already been removed from the Mars Hill Church web site.

The sad part of this story is that his congregation had no problem when he preached to them for years that they should mistreat women and gays. They only kicked him out for mistreating THEM.

*********************************************************************************************

Of course, there are also some comments and blowback from Driscoll fanboi leghumpers.

I like how the stuff they're making public boils down to, "Yeah, he's a conceited dickcicle."

I love "dickcicle". Yep, that sums up Mark Driscoll.

Shockingly, I found this out because it was trending on Facebook- in the top three sidebar!

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
Can you explain your avatar? I am scared.

Archived