IGNORED

Your heart and prayers entrusted to your father

BrownieMomma

well, If Josiah has read the bible 3 times, then he surely must have found many things that he knows are wrong in what Gothard or his parents claim is "Biblical"

I would just say that reading something is not the same thing as understanding it.

He also has probably never encountered the idea that the Bible is a collection of different types of literary works. Duggar belief system is the literal Bible. I'm skeptical of the depth of their homeschooling, and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't understand different types of literature.

I don't think it means much if he read the Bible all the way through, other than the kudos for doing so.

I would just say that reading something is not the same thing as understanding it.

So many of my readings for University fall into this category... :lol: 8-)

So many of my readings for University fall into this category... :lol: 8-)

Did you really not understand them or did they just bore you to sleep so you didn't actually read them? Not saying why I would ask this :whistle:

Did you really not understand them or did they just bore you to sleep so you didn't actually read them? Not saying why I would ask this :whistle:

Half half! Some NFI what they were about and some were SOOOO boring they put me to sleep.

Half half! Some NFI what they were about and some were SOOOO boring they put me to sleep.

Been there done that! At one point I'm pretty sure I either went :cray-cray: or was just a glutton for punishment. I was teaching a full schedule, doing tech work after school (still do this actually) and taking a college fire fighting course. During one chapter I must have glazed over during the lecture because at break they were giving me a bad time. I remember asking the instructor, "At what point during the fire am I supposed to work these formulas?" I am still baffled by the fact that one chapter was dedicated to formulas for figuring things during an active fire. In 15 years of service I never had the time to figure it out.

Archived