IGNORED

Caleb Williams

karen77

He was pretty evasive when asked if he was with one of the girls. I don't think he's courting one of them (probably wouldn't meet the Jim Bob Duggar standard of fundiness) but I bet he has a crush on Jinger or something.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was pretty evasive when asked if he was with one of the girls. I don't think he's courting one of them (probably wouldn't meet the Jim Bob Duggar standard of fundiness) but I bet he has a crush on Jinger or something.

Read that FB post, at least he has a good sense of humor about it....I'll give him that.

The picture ... I have a 17yo and I have MANY pictures of him and his friends dressed like this. Not sure what it is at the moment but give an upper teen the chance to dress up and they come as a super hero but in their day-to-day disguise: Clark Kent, Bruce Banner, etc. I have looked at IG but based on this one picture I don't see anything wrong with him.

Why would someone who is homeschooled have a Senior picture taken? My Senior pic was a Senior pic because it was in the yearbook and traded with friends. Wouldn't a homeschooler's senior picture just be a picture?

The pic is okay to me. A little surprising if he's a conservative homeschooled fundie.

Some homeschoolers recreate some aspects of the school experience - homeschool sport teams, homeschool prom, etc. Not surprising for him to have a senior pic even if he was hs'd.

Why would someone who is homeschooled have a Senior picture taken? My Senior pic was a Senior pic because it was in the yearbook and traded with friends. Wouldn't a homeschooler's senior picture just be a picture?
a lot of them do :D my parents even let my siblings and me pick our school colors and make modest cheer outfits for fun (before my parents went Mennonite). We had nothing to cheer for, we just did routines and pyramids and stuff esp. when the cousins came over. I was even on co-op yearbook one year and learned how to develop photos in a darkroom. This weekly co-op had enough kids to have actual picture day and printed out the yearbook for everyone. When my siblings and i graduated our parents sent out graduation announcements with the school name and colors and a photo, just like regular kids. The reunions are sad though. One is the loneliest number....

(of course some homeschool grads do get together for group "year" reunions. Still weird, not much shared experience unless they had the same curriculum, or were part of the same enrichment classes or co-op).

i was in an online charter school for my senior year, but it was basically homeschooling (though we did get a graduation ceremony with other graduates from across the state). we didn't have official senior pictures, and there wasn't even a yearbook (it was also the first year they did the charter school, so i'm not sure if they've started doing a yearbook or not) but my parents took me to the mall of america on a trip during my senior year and there was a glamour shots type of place there, and we had some pictures taken there. it was actually very reasonably priced, and cheaper than going through a local photographer for all the prints we got plus the level of service (hair, makeup, some clothes and accessories, etc.).

I did senior pictures. We sent them out to family and friends along with a graduation announcement. I think that even public school kids often have senior pictures taken other than the one that goes in the yearbook. So it doesn't seem weird to me.

I don't know why he bugs me so much... Maybe it's his smile, can't figure out how to keep his tongue in his mouth and behind his teeth?

Everytime I look at his picture I get weird vibes, not good ones either

• 2 weeks later...

So.. interesting. I went to look at his instagram today...just to see if he was invited and had posted ANY pics of the wedding. Well, can't seem to find his account any longer, hmm....

scratch that... found him, he was at the wedding. Has a pic of Kirk on his instagram which he changed to calebwill.iams

• 2 years later...

Jana couldn't be any further away from him at that table. Wouldn't two young fundies getting to know one another or courting sit much closer than that?

Unless a 7 sibling holy spirit barrier is the new standard for courtship. 

20 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Unless a 7 sibling holy spirit barrier is the new standard for courtship. 

LOL! Yeah, I don't see it for Jana anyways. I just see her with someone older, more put together, well kept. He looks like one of the 18-22 year old kids' friends.

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Josie and Jenni do not look thrilled.

Those girls never look thrilled. Ever. I hope they're taking notes about this bullshit life they're forced to live.

There is a plate next to him. She could have moved to not give it away. 

Does he have a sister that he could be chaperoning for one of the guys? Hopefully he's just a friend. 

Is it ok so if a brother chaperon a sister date? Or they have to go with the same sex? Meaning a sister chaperoning a sister's date? Cause you know boys are so week and a woman could stir up ungodly desire...

58 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

There is a plate next to him. She could have moved to not give it away. 

Does he have a sister that he could be chaperoning for one of the guys? Hopefully he's just a friend. 

I just figured that plate belonged to the photographer...

It looks like he responded to some of the facebook comments on the Duggar page, indicating he's just a friend and taking all of the advice about his unmentionables being visible in a humorous fashion. I'd screenshot, but I'm on a borrowed PC and have no idea how to work this thing. Who knows? 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived