IGNORED

Caleb Williams

karen77

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder if the Duggars were his version of Jesus Jail? 

funny and sad they would do it, its not like they have not cared about the safety of their girls before. Predators welcome at the duggar house....

15 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

He’s in this pic but IDK which one he is

He's the sloppy one sitting next to James.

Ugh, how awful. If I remember right, Caleb’s (older?) brother is also named Josh, and did the repelling with the ring at Joe’s wedding. He’s also sang at a Duggar wedding or two and at one point sold cars with Smuggar.

Josh, Tabitha's husband, and now Caleb. And the Duggars think they're protecting their children from the evils of the outside world? There's more danger inside the house than out.

15 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Josh, Tabitha's husband, and now Caleb. And the Duggar's think they're protecting their children from the evils of the outside world? There's more danger inside the house than out.

Agreed, Why would they let those people in? oh that's right Jesus forgives. He will keep our girls safe/

The Evil in that house also, is that those children are not taught how to protect themselves.  They are taught submission and to forgive. They are not taught about their own bodies or sexuality, they are ignorant.

My child will be taught that her body is her own and no one can touch her with out her permission and that I will believe her, no matter what. I will try and teach her how to follow her gut instinct and that if something doesn't fell right she has the right to get the hell out of whatever is going on. 

Evil is everywhere all we can do is give our children the skills to recognise and deal with it and a safe place to fall when they are dealing with it. Honesty (at whatever level the child is at) is key. 

Predators tend to look for easy targets, a savvy, confident child will hopefully not fit the bill. 

What a sick sex cult this is. Men preying on girls and other men helping to keep it quiet. Kinda like the Hollywood creep culture. All those girls are in danger. Horrible. Sick bastards.

I can give them the benefit of the doubt in this individual case, because how would they know that he was a rapist/sexual predator? People can't be expected to just magically know that another person is a rapist, and for all we know he hid it and the Duggars had absolutely no idea. The scariest thing about people like this is that they blend in. They could be anyone, including people you'd never expect.

That said, there is a very disturbing pattern here. The Duggars have been associated with multiple men who have committed disturbing sexual offences. One or two could be explained away, but the sheer number, plus what we know about their cult, makes that impossible. Jim Bob and Michelle need to seriously reckon with the fact that the lifestyle they've chosen for themselves and their children attracts and produces sexual predators and an alarmingly high rate.

Is there somewhere else where we are discussing Duggar friend Caleb’s arrest for sexual assault, or does that go in this thread? 

Edit: never mind, found it in the Jana thread

I know my opinion will probably be very unpopular but I would not call him a rapist yet without knowing more about what happened. It could be him having sex as a 24-year old with a 17-year old girl. Yes this is illegal, so it is good that he gets charged. But this happens quiet often in the secular world, actually here in the Netherlands it it not illegal unless there is a power difference or money/gifts are involved (or when it is against their will, but that is illegal at any age). 

I know most people disagree but sometimes I find the way these men are being treated going too far. I had consensual sex at 16. Okay my boyfriend was only 2 years older but I also made out with guys of 23/24 around that time and I could easily have slept with them if it got more serious.

I know the odds are against him (because of the history of sexual assault in their circles) but I would propose not to jump to conclusions too soon.

Oy, that's bad. Even worse, we have the initials and aprox. age, I bet pickles will out another victim without blinking an eye.

@CarrotCake I get what you're saying and under normal circumstances I would totally agree, but these overly protected girls can hardly consent at age 14-16 to a 24-26yo male. Without any knowledge of sex, how would they know what they are consenting to?

17 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Oy, that's bad. Even worse, we have the initials and aprox. age, I bet pickles will out another victim without blinking an eye.

@CarrotCake I get what you're saying and under normal circumstances I would totally agree, but these overly protected girls can hardly consent at age 14-16 to a 24-26yo male. Without any knowledge of sex, how would they know what they are consenting to?

But who says that this girl is from their circles? Caleb seems to go around in more secular circles as well so she might as well be a secular girl. Again, we don't know the story.

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

But who says that this girl is from their circles? Caleb seems to go around in more secular circles as well so she might as well be a secular girl. Again, we don't know the story.

FWIW, I agree with you. The wording certainly sounds like an on-going relationship, started when he was 21 ish  , with a girl who was 5 or 6 years younger. Although it could be something entirely different and non-consensual. My opinion is also likely unpopular here, but I wouldn’t necessarily put statutory rape, especially when the adult is a young adult,  in the category of predatory. 

I agree with the sentiment that 16-19 years olds are naturally mixed through high school, etc and they consider each other peers so it's complex to define a hard and fast line on consent within that age group.

The first count allegedly occurred during the earlier time frame when the victim was 16 or younger, the second count occurred later between August 2016-May 2108, and the victim was STILL 16 years or younger.  I think if the victim turned 17 before May 2018, they would have had to be more precise on the time line to ensure the charges are valid.   It seems you can infer that the first act allegedly occurred the victim was  likely 14 or younger, with Caleb being at least five years older based on the charges.   That's TOO much IMO for it to be consensual young love.  

26 minutes ago, Fjrocks said:

It seems you can infer that the first act allegedly occurred the victim was  likely 14 or younger, with Caleb being at least five years older based on the charges.   That's TOO much IMO for it to be consensual young love.  

I disagree. I know many 14-year-olds who have been fingered by older guys. 

MY unpopular opinion:  this girl was "all in" for the relationship for a couple of years, got dumped, never got over him (may still love him - and Im not putting love in quotes because to a 14/15/16-year-old, it really is love), but due to the #metoo movement may have developed a different perspective. 

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

MY unpopular opinion:  this girl was "all in" for the relationship for a couple of years, got dumped, never got over him (may still love him - and Im not putting love in quotes because to a 14/15/16-year-old, it really is love), but due to the #metoo movement may have developed a different perspective. 

What's the basis for this opinion?

12 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It is also possible that her parents pressed the charges. I read a story once of a Dutch girl who was in a relationship with a guy when she was 14 and he was 19. Her parents disagreed with the relationship, but other than forbidding her from seeing him there wasn't much they could do. Then the parents found out that the girl and the guy were having sex. They pressed charges and had him arrested for rape. Even though it was consensual, Dutch law states that minors under 16 cannot consent to sex with people who are 18+, so legally speaking it could indeed be considered as rape, and that's what the parents argued as well. And they won. The guy was convicted and sentenced for raping a minor. The girl never agreed to the whole process, but because she was so young she didn't have much say in the matter.

Edit: not saying that this is what happened, just saying that parents pressing charges because they disagree with their daughter having a sexual relationship is possible/does sometimes happen.

6 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Is there somewhere else where we are discussing Duggar friend Caleb’s arrest for sexual assault, or does that go in this thread? 

Edit: never mind, found it in the Jana thread

I think it would be better if it was discussed here: 

This discussion has absolutely nothing to do with Jana. I think it would be better if this discussion gets moved to here:

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

True, I didn't think about that.

I'm sickened that people are trying to defend this guy. He was charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse. The best case scenario for him is that he was in a sketchy relationship with a girl under the age of 18 who was at least 5 years younger than him at the time. If he was 23 when the first offence occurred, sure, his victim may have been as old as 17. But you guys are suggesting that this may be an ongoing relationship with the same girl. Which would mean that she was still under 18 when the second offence occurred, ending in May 2018. Do the math. Do you think a 23-year-old fingering a 15-year-old is cool?

We don't even have all the details and people are already trying to absolve him of this and blame the #metoo movement? What the actual fuck? I absolutely did not expect to see this here. Unbelievable.

I agree. I can't believe there are rape apologists who aren't trolls on FJ. What the actual fuck?

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived