IGNORED

Pennington Point daughter escapes/ Has no ID's MERGED

Emmaline

OMG, yesterday's PP blog post: God is writing her book, which will be sent to the editor soon.

:angry-banghead:

Wow! I'll be looking forward to this. His last book is an international best seller! :lol:

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“You’re having a panic attack….you need an oil!â€

A paper bag comes first to my mind, not essential oils.

This woman makes me sick. And the 200 + comments she got treating her like she had experienced the death of a child, instead of an ADULT daughter moving out? Those make me even sicker.

Seriously, what rational person thinks it's reasonable to expect an adult to live in their parent's home, under their parent's authority?

What rational person thinks it's a "betrayal" when their adult daughter moves out on her own?

What kind of person is so controlling that their adult daughter has to involve extended family in hatching an escape plan to leave the family home? It makes you wonder what she thought her parents might be capable of.

Anyway, Mommy dearest has her essential oils to make everything better, so there's that :evil-eye:

Yep, all at home. Five, including Faith who left, are adults now.

Wow. Right now I don't have the time to look through the blog to see what they do all day. Too bad. I bet it would be interesting. :roll:

What rational person thinks it's a "betrayal" when their adult daughter moves out on her own?

I would feel betrayed too if my daughter would move out like that. But I'm not a totally insane control freak, so my daugther wouldn't have to forge an escape plan with the help of my parents like Faith did.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I also don't actually have a daughter. :D

Anyway, Mommy dearest has her essential oils to make everything better, so there's that :evil-eye:

Her sales will probably increase. Surely some of those (misguided? horrible?) commenters will make a sympathy purchase.

I also love that she took the time to make an attractive fake vintage-y title image for her blog post about Faith's escape/move. "My daughter betrayed me, but at least it looks pretty on my blog!" :wtf:

I also love that she took the time to make an attractive fake vintage-y title image for her blog post about Faith's escape/move. "My daughter betrayed me, but at least it looks pretty on my blog!" :wtf:

LMAO She used Paint to cover the woman's cleavage!!!

This woman is a crazy loon. Check out the "Embracing Modesty" section. OMG... So much snark potential when it comes to Lisa. She thinks she's a model. Lisa- you look like an asshat.

If I wasn't exhausted, I could have some fun....

(I think "asshat" is a funny word)

I too was perusing Embracing Modesty, and it occurred to me that posing for so many photos doesn't seem very modest. She also seems to be trying to appear hipper than she really is.

This also bothered me--on one of the EM posts, she says "I had to run into Dillard's for some lipstick." (#27, faq) HAD to go to DILLARDS for LIPSTICK. So it is a necessity to go to an upscale store* for cosmetics? yeah, that's modest.

*we don't have Dillard's in my area, but I went to one in Atlanta last year, and it seemed pretty spiffy.

(I think "asshat" is a funny word)

I too was perusing Embracing Modesty, and it occurred to me that posing for so many photos doesn't seem very modest. She also seems to be trying to appear hipper than she really is.

This also bothered me--on one of the EM posts, she says "I had to run into Dillard's for some lipstick." (#27, faq) HAD to go to DILLARDS for LIPSTICK. So it is a necessity to go to an upscale store* for cosmetics? yeah, that's modest.

*we don't have Dillard's in my area, but I went to one in Atlanta last year, and it seemed pretty spiffy.

Dillard's is pretty middle of the pack, not particularly upscale, but the idea of "having" to run into a store for lipstick is ludicrous. Almost as ludicrous as an 18-year-old who has to enlist secret outside help in order to move out of the parental home.

She also mentions she only has two pairs of shoes. Yet she is wearing many different shoes in her posts. And all of them are $100 plus.

Her house is gorgeous, but I couldn't imagine living there with a bunch of kids and all the white as a mother of five I wonder how short of duct-tapping them to a chair she has kept anything from getting stained or otherwise ruined. While she is an awesome decorator her parenting skills suck and she comes off as more than a little crazy and narcissistic.

I am notorious for never having a lipstick when I need it. When it happens, I run into the nearest Walgreens, or in a pinch, to a local supermarket and I cannot remember the last time I spent more than three dollars on a tube.

Dillards is not Neiman Marcus, but I can't imagine being able to buy a tube of lipstick for less than $15 at any of their leased cosmetic counters – Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, etc.

Poser.

All my hopes for Faith AND her sisters.

I am notorious for never having a lipstick when I need it. When it happens, I run into the nearest Walgreens, or in a pinch, to a local supermarket and I cannot remember the last time I spent more than three dollars on a tube.

Dillards is not Neiman Marcus, but I can't imagine being able to buy a tube of lipstick for less than $15 at any of their leased cosmetic counters – Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, etc.

Poser.

The "about me" section of her blog mentions a very tight budget. Her definition of a very tight budget is obviously very different than mine.

“You’re having a panic attack….you need an oil!â€

A paper bag comes first to my mind, not essential oils.

Beta blockers come first in my mind.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Its my anxiety Med of choice. It's not a controlled substance and calms down the physical aspects so I can function and rationalize the emotional aspects.

LOL That's awesome.

[attachment=0]brush width eleventy.JPG[/attachment]

:roll: :lol: :pink-shock: I didn't see that before! I only saw the other version of the image with the date at the top and that part was just cut off.

Poser.

I realized yesterday that I have 2 (yes 2) tubes of lipstick in my purse (Covergirl thankyouverymuch), and I thought that was a little excessive for me :P You couldn't pry the cash out of my hand for lipstick from a dept. store. I'm cheap that way :lol:

The "about me" section of her blog mentions a very tight budget. Her definition of a very tight budget is obviously very different than mine.

I noticed that to I was planning on scouring her blog cuz I thhought there was a trick to getting your kitchen remodeld inexpensively.

:roll: :lol: :pink-shock: I didn't see that before! I only saw the other version of the image with the date at the top and that part was just cut off.

I literally LOL'd on that one. That is plain ridiculous.

I realized yesterday that I have 2 (yes 2) tubes of lipstick in my purse (Covergirl thankyouverymuch), and I thought that was a little excessive for me :P You couldn't pry the cash out of my hand for lipstick from a dept. store. I'm cheap that way :lol:

I can't say anything.All my makeup is pretty expensive. I have three beautiful Smashbox lipsticks I love! And Vincent Longo is AMMMMMAAAAZING. And hourglass lipstain...

Nelliebelle, you can say anything you want so long as you are not telling people how to live frugally and then running into Dillards for an emergency lipstick!!!! :wink-kitty:

Every day at 3:30 this woman has her children complete chores. This apparently starts at age 2!!!

In a video on her blog she suggests that you just make up chores if you don't actually have enough stuff to do for all of your children every day.

thepenningtonpoint.com/2014/10/chore-ideas-kids/

Check out this list of suggestions:

Ages 2-5: pick up toys, dust, carry laundry, put silverware in the drawer, put pillows on the bed, wipe the table, folding washrags Ages 6-9: dust, sweep, wash the pet bowl, wash front door, wipe light switches, sweep porch, wipe doorknobs, clean under sofa cushions, windex mirrors, straighten books, fold towels, rake, water plants Ages 10-13: vacuum, fold laundry, cut up vegetables, mop, wash windows, get trash out of car, clean TVs, wash dining chairs, pull weeds, wipe off the fridge, straighten the DVDs, wash sheets Ages 14+: dust ceiling fans, clean leaves from gutters, shake rugs, organize a drawer, straighten a shelf, get Sunday clothes ready, clean trash cans, wash one window, clean cobwebs, sweep under furniture, wash ceiling lights

Every day at 3:30 this woman has her children complete chores. This apparently starts at age 2!!!

In a video on her blog she suggests that you just make up chores if you don't actually have enough stuff to do for all of your children every day.

Shit, I don't do that...well, maybe wash out the dog bowls occasionally. Don't have plants, live in the desert so forget about dusting, The rest, when I think about it....

What does she do? How can there be any cobwebs to clean? I can surely understand why the daughter left home. I'd have started planning to run away at abut age 8.

Faith was probably not looking forward to be an adult living in her mother's house because, as we can learn from Lisa's blog, that's a horrible prospect: thepenningtonpoint.com/2014/08/adult-kids-living-at-home/

Interesting quote:

I am sympathetic to my kids’ situation. They are adults living a child’s life. They need to break out and believe me….we want our little birdies to fly from our nest. I am not anxious to be the head of an adult living center.

So she doesn't prepare her kids for an adult life outside of her house (by having them stay home all day every day) but still expects and wants them to leave?

And if they stay they have to do half a day of family chores and be okay with their mother setting ALL the rules? :cray-cray: Like this:

For example, if we request they get up and be dressed by 7:00 in the morning and they don’t do it….what should happen? Basically, we give them adult sized consequences for these things. A week without the use of our car has been a consequence we used in the past.

She doesn't prepare her kids for an adult life outside of her house (by having them stay home all day every day) but still expects and wants them to leave.

So many parents are like that, and it's just naive. They wrap their children up in cotton wool to protect them from bad influences, expecting that they'll turn 18 and just automatically know how to do the right thing. Doesn't work like that - kids and adults alike can only learn by making mistakes.

Archived