IGNORED

I wasn’t born a man. I am a seed.

Effie

http://www.visionarywomanhoodDOTcom/i-am-a-seed/

"If I had been born a man, I would have spent my life studying, preaching, and writing. I would have aspired to advance the Kingdom of heaven by discipling the nations. What a glorious and fulfilling destiny!

I wasn’t born a man.

I am a seed."

Well, I get that she tries to be all poetic and deep, but still... wtf? It sort of sounds like her only purpose is to spread her seeds - to create children. As a woman I find that to be degrading. Okay, I wasn't born a man but I was still born a human. I was not born to be a baby-making machine.

Edit. to break the link

Sooo....there are thinking, acting humans, and then there are baby-containers. Alrighty then. How did I live so long without realizing? Better go burn my books and repent for my education. :P

Upon further thought, her definition of manhood doesn't really sound very appealing, either. I think I'll be an ape. :mrgreen:

Upon further thought, her definition of manhood doesn't really sound very appealing, either. I think I'll be an ape. :mrgreen:

As a kid I always wanted to be a monkey with a nice long tail, so that is what I will be.

Doesn't she mean "I am dirt"? Her metaphor is confused. Is she a seed, or is she a future mighty redwood?

I really think she needs to be the dirt for her metaphor to work.

But she is also sharpening arrows and purposefully aiming them. That doesn't sound like dirt or a seed. It sounds like someone who is comparing her children to ammunition.

"I'm not an arrow, I am a human being! Aaaaargghhhhh!"

I simply can't understand what women get out of this type of life. Do they post these things simply to convince themselves...sort of like after you buy a car you keep reading up on all the good things about it to justify your purchase?

She sounds just a litle bit sad about it, almost resentful, don't you think? Not that I feel sorry for her. The best way not to feel trodden upon is to get yourself up off the floor and QUIT being submissive.

I don't really understand what she means, because "seed" sounds more manly in my mind (as in "spreading their seed")

Biologically, the most analogous thing to seed is a fertilized that egg around the time that it implants in the uterine lining. So yeah, this metaphor fails hard. Incidentally, pollen is basically tree sperm. Have fun with that next time your car gets covered int.

Aren't men the "seeds"? Truly, humanity doesn't need men, it only needs sperm. On the other hand, women are biologically necessary from conception to birth and then from birth through independence for the next generation.

Men created religion to make themselves seem important after fertilization. They created a system to keep women from the power they actually wield by their necessity. the bible is simply a denial of nature.

Aren't men the "seeds"? Truly, humanity doesn't need men, it only needs sperm. On the other hand, women are biologically necessary from conception to birth and then from birth through independence for the next generation.

Men created religion to make themselves seem important after fertilization. They created a system to keep women from the power they actually wield by their necessity. the bible is simply a denial of nature.

Wow. I had never thought of it that way, but I think you are definitely on to something!

Archived