IGNORED

Papa Arndt's cryptic post

Black Aliss

I'm not sure what to make of this post on famteam.com. Is he hinting at a courtship for one of the boys? Or suggesting that god can't find a suitable mate for any of them?

The Lord God said, It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him. Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field. But for Adam no suitable helper was found.

Genesis 2:18-20

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the bible verses on their site were randomly generated.

I feel like.... I wouldn't be surprised if the boys were all being drugged with something that kills their sex drive. Their living situation is just too abnormal.

I've always thought that their bible passages are posted by some random bible verse generator. They don't usually pertain to what's going on in the family.

In other news, does anyone read Dad's Diary? (You have to sign up, but it's free.) It looks like they're going on their annual trip to New York to film snow, except this time only the parents and the 18-and-younger kids are going for the full duration. The others will be coming and going as their "work" permits. Could it be that the manboys are getting tired of these stupid trips?

Is the New York trip when they go and film faja Arndt standing in the woods preaching extemporaneously? About nothing in particular?

I've always thought that their bible passages are posted by some random bible verse generator. They don't usually pertain to what's going on in the family.

In other news, does anyone read Dad's Diary? (You have to sign up, but it's free.) It looks like they're going on their annual trip to New York to film snow, except this time only the parents and the 18-and-younger kids are going for the full duration. The others will be coming and going as their "work" permits. Could it be that the manboys are getting tired of these stupid trips?

I hope the older Arndt boys throw a raging kegger while their parents are gone.

Is the New York trip when they go and film faja Arndt standing in the woods preaching extemporaneously? About nothing in particular?

It is the annual go film Vine Valley trip. They have been filming this for years! How long is this movie going to be?

Regarding the Arndt's strange living situation - I have a personal anecdote that might shed a little light.

MASSIVE TMI TO FOLLOW:

I always assumed there was some sort of horrible brainwashing going on in that house, but I met a similar (but much, MUCH smaller family) last spring that had an oddly close situation. I actually dated the oldest son (he is 31 and I am 34) for 4ish months (from my perspective, it was never serious, and when he started saying "I love you," I realized it was time to respectfully break up). Anyways, he and his two brothers (17 and 20 or 21) have always lived at home with their parents (obviously the 17 year old). They all did online high school (earlier for the younger boys), and the middle one was now taking only online classes from the local city college. They all spend pretty much every waking moment with their family (except for the guy I dated, who wanted to spend every waking moment with me, other than that he spent all his time home with the family). He was a very hard worker, went to school full time and worked nearly full time, and incredibly sweet and generous. The younger boys had never worked, but they were very sweet and respectful also. The younger two had no desire to get a driver's license or be independent in any way, but they weren't whiny (from what I could see). None of them had outside friends, except maybe doing a bit of gaming online. None of them had had a girlfriend. **TMI ALERT** The man I dated said he'd had a gf before, but he was a virgin, and the more we talked about it, the "less" it turned out to be. He handled our intimacy like a teenager (wanting to do it all the time, mentioning it offhand in what I felt were attention getting ways ((leaving a condom out by the sink for example)), rubbing my back in front of his parents :o ) None of them had ever tried alcohol, even out of curiousity. They always vacationed together as a family.

This situation completely blew my mind, btw. I knew it was doomed from the second date, but he was so sweet, sincere and attentive, I really tried! But anyways, it made me think of the Arndts, because in spite of all the extremely odd things I've mentioned, there was no hint of mental illness in any of them. They were genuinely happy being together 100% of the time with no space. The parents were so incredibly supportive and loving, I think they sort of smothered any desire the guys had to leave and cleave. Definitely not for me, but I've never really gotten a sinister vibe from the Arndts, in spite of how "off" they seem.

I'd love to see an Arndt boy courting one of them courting Rebecca Eleventy in particular, I can hope can't I as well!

Anybody know any single female penguins?

Every time I see an Arndt thread, my heart leaps. Then I realize that nothing has happened. Again.

Anybody know any single female penguins?

Every time I see an Arndt thread, my heart leaps. Then I realize that nothing has happened. Again.

Maybe we could gather up some SAHDs and dress them in black-and-white frumpers as an icebreaker?

(As an aside, I find the Arndts weirdly fascinating.)

• 1 month later...
What not to buy the Arndts for Christmas:

http://www.gadgetsandgear.com/the-avenging-narwhal.html

TvtpkbV.png

Oh, the humanity! penguinity!

On another note, a second reason not to get it for the Arndts for Christmas:

If you look carefully at that warning label, it says not for use by children under the age of 30.

Oops, just kidding, but it should say that! (argh, I don't know how to photoshop!)

I'm not sure what to make of this post on famteam.com. Is he hinting at a courtship for one of the boys? Or suggesting that god can't find a suitable mate for any of them?

Well, seeing god had to make Adam a partner, maybe Papa Arndt is going to get the toolkit out and make a few womenfolk for the boys for Christmas.

Kinda like Frank'n'furter in that song from Rocky Horror "I'm gonna make me a man!"....except this would be a girl...or girls.....I think.... :?

Well, seeing god had to make Adam a partner, maybe Papa Arndt is going to get the toolkit out and make a few womenfolk for the boys for Christmas.

Kinda like Frank'n'furter in that song from Rocky Horror "I'm gonna make me a man!"....except this would be a girl...or girls.....I think.... :?

"Don't worry boys, I only need a rib and a handful of dust, and I'll create your perfect mate!"- Papa Arndt

I think these isolationist type families like the Arndts are just too creepy. How would these guys even meet girls? I think it has to be their Mom who is pulling all the strings and keeping them reigned in for so many adult men to still be acting like little boys.

I think these isolationist type families like the Arndts are just too creepy.

I don't find the Arndt's creepy really...and they don't isolate their children nearly as much as some fundies. The 'boys' all work in the real world - and presumably come across a large cross section of people, especially seeing some of them work as court transcribers. Then there are the infamous softball games which are publicised and pretty much anyone is welcome IIRC. They have a lot more exposure to the general populace than most fundies.

How would these guys even meet girls? I think it has to be their Mom who is pulling all the strings and keeping them reigned in for so many adult men to still be acting like little boys.

The older guys probably do meet some, but whether they are up to their standards is another thing, and yeah, I agree it's probably dear old Mum that wears the pants (or rather shorts) in that house. If the dad is the headship and must be obeyed, it's only because she says so.

This family really fascinates me. I don't know how they have managed to keep all those older sons presumably pure and virginal for so long. Tis weird...

Archived