IGNORED

These people kow that Jesus was Jewish right?

homeschoolmomma1

I was just watching a documentary titled. Nazi America A secret history and there was a church sign that said

Church of Jesus Christ Christian / Aryan Nations

White Kindred only

These idiots realize that Jesus Christ was Jewish right?

I am not so good in history, so this may seem like a dumb post

I don't think they do or at least think that Jews since the time of Jesus are bad people headed straight to Hell,

It's not just Nazi that white-washed religious figures. I've seen a lot of images of blue-eyed, blond-haired Virgin Marys in a bunch of Catholic iconography. At my own church, Mary is blond on the stain class windows. It annoys me. :/

It's not just Nazi that white-washed religious figures. I've seen a lot of images of blue-eyed, blond-haired Virgin Marys in a bunch of Catholic iconography. At my own church, Mary is blond on the stain class windows. It annoys me. :/

There's still hope : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Madonna :D In one of the curch of my city, Mary is white then black...

Mary and Joseph are brunette and brown eyed at my parish. Both are a bit light skinned, though, especially Mary. But there are a billion conceptions of Mary and the Holy Family and not all are white. A few examples:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JnXd16RlK_c/S ... -China.jpg

http://stgeorgegreenville.org/OurFaith/ ... otokos.jpg

While some Western churches may depict Jesus and others as too caucasian, Catholics have not made a theology out of it. Comparing a blonde Mary on a stain-glassed window to the intentional corruption of Biblical scholarship that Nazi Germany engaged in to make Jesus Aryan and not Jewish is apples and kumquats. Or maybe apples and fried crocodile meat.

I did hear (on a tour of an art gallery on Florence that I was only half listening to because omg the art!) That a lot of those mediaeval Eurojesuses came about not because people genuinely thought that the various holy figures were actually closet Norwegians, but because the theology at the time attached great importance to the idea that Jesus et al. existed in every culture and every time simultaneously. Which is a thought that no longer predominates in western society, so later cultures completely misunderstood these paintings as literal depictions, and then copied them in a fit of renaissance-worship that didn't extend to learning about actual renaissance history. Mind you, I have absolutely no idea how accurate that is (tour guides, I have discovered, are not as infallible as many of them seem to think they are) but its an interesting idea to me. Reminds me I meant to research it (er, right after I finish these essays).

Mary and Joseph are brunette and brown eyed at my parish. Both are a bit light skinned, though, especially Mary. But there are a billion conceptions of Mary and the Holy Family and not all are white. A few examples:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JnXd16RlK_c/S ... -China.jpg

http://stgeorgegreenville.org/OurFaith/ ... otokos.jpg

While some Western churches may depict Jesus and others as too caucasian, Catholics have not made a theology out of it. Comparing a blonde Mary on a stain-glassed window to the intentional corruption of Biblical scholarship that Nazi Germany engaged in to make Jesus Aryan and not Jewish is apples and kumquats. Or maybe apples and fried crocodile meat.

Oh believe me, I'm not saying it's even close to Nazism! And I also read once, that the fact that the holy family is more caucasian or asian looking was a technique used by missionaries to attract more converts. It was believed people would identified with the religion better if the imagery looked somewhat like them.

Oh believe me, I'm not saying it's even close to Nazism! And I also read once, that the fact that the holy family is more caucasian or asian looking was a technique used by missionaries to attract more converts. It was believed people would identified with the religion better if the imagery looked somewhat like them.

That's true, if you look at depictions of Jesus, many churches over the centuries have made him look like the people living in a particular area, and for northern Europe, that meant making him look really white. Before people were literate, it was easy to teach through pictures if Jesus looked more like them than if he had a different skin tone. Even now, there are churches that still depict Jesus as white because nobody wants to change traditional depictions because it's what has been done for generations.

I was always told growing that Jesus looked like an Arab. Deep olive skin, dark black hair, facial hair, dark brown eyes. My dad always made a point to explain that Jesus would have been called "Joshua", and that Mary most likely would have been called "Meriam". He had us watch the Passion of the Christ so that we could hear Aramaic and explained that that's what Jesus would have sounded like. I also grew up watching countless documentaries about the "historical Jesus" and what he would have been like given that time period, and documentaries about the Jewish faith/ leadership hierarchy. Hearing about fundies and their view makes me very fortunate to have received that kind of insight as a child. I took it for granted but growing up with a history buff as a father was awesome.

I have heard it said that Jesus was god and not a Jew and it was the Jews that killed Jesus and therefore Jews are evil. Holocaust and Jew-hatred now justified in their minds. :angry-banghead:

These idiots did not realize that Jesus was black and not white...

I'm curious as to why Jesus would be black? I thought he would look like a small Middle Eastern Jewish man. Or like an Arab as acat7 said. But, wow! Can you imagine the looks on the faces of the members of the KKK, Pure Aryans, and others of that ilk if they arrive at the Pearly Gates and see a Jesus they were NOT expecting?

I'm curious as to why Jesus would be black? I thought he would look like a small Middle Eastern Jewish man. Or like an Arab as acat7 said. But, wow! Can you imagine the looks on the faces of the members of the KKK, Pure Aryans, and others of that ilk if they arrive at the Pearly Gates and see a Jesus they were NOT expecting?

poetic justice.

i would love to see that "oh shit" look on their face :lol:

I'm curious as to why Jesus would be black? I thought he would look like a small Middle Eastern Jewish man. Or like an Arab as acat7 said.

More arab, right !

Curiosity : in Orthodox icons, Jesus is never white, right ?

More arab, right !

Curiosity : in Orthodox icons, Jesus is never white, right ?

I just googled that and found mostly white looking men. There was one that appeared to be of an Arabic person. I was surprised to see so many light skinned depictions of Jesus. Kind of weird.

The modern one seems whiter than the old one (I've a book about icons, and Jesus is arabic inside...)

Jesus is Mediteranean to Arabic looking in most Orthodox icons. The ones you see where he has a more "Aryanized" appearance tend to be Byzantine Catholic icons. No mystery there, they are painted in areas where the worshippers and iconographers have lighter skin and more Central European features. In Coptic icons Jesus's features are Arabic (and probably the most accurate of how he appeared in real life). In Greek icons Jesus is an Anatolian Greek man, complete with bushy hair. Russian icons kept a lot of the Greek features but lightened his skin.

The difference with icons is that they are meant to be symbolic and metaphoric art, whereas the Aryan Nation is claiming a true to life representation and therefore trying to change facts.

Jesus is Mediteranean to Arabic looking in most Orthodox icons. The ones you see where he has a more "Aryanized" appearance tend to be Byzantine Catholic icons. No mystery there, they are painted in areas where the worshippers and iconographers have lighter skin and more Central European features. In Coptic icons Jesus's features are Arabic (and probably the most accurate of how he appeared in real life). In Greek icons Jesus is an Anatolian Greek man, complete with bushy hair. Russian icons kept a lot of the Greek features but lightened his skin.

The difference with icons is that they are meant to be symbolic and metaphoric art, whereas the Aryan Nation is claiming a true to life representation and therefore trying to change facts.

I was raised as/ currently a practicing Greek Orhtodox Christian and I cab second ArêteJo said. She put it better than me

I was just watching a documentary titled. Nazi America A secret history and there was a church sign that said

Church of Jesus Christ Christian / Aryan Nations

White Kindred only

These idiots realize that Jesus Christ was Jewish right?

I am not so good in history, so this may seem like a dumb post

I'm not sure they're even strictly Christian. You see in modern Norse Paganism whether you call it Asatru or Heathenry the word Kindred is kind of used in the same way most Wiccans or non-pagans would use coven or congregation. It can also mean family or community, but more often than not it means something similar to a coven. There are many neo-nazis who are into Norse Paganism because Hitler bastardized Norse mythology right along with Christianity. Many Aryans wear a mjolnir (Thor's Hammer) pendant, have runic tattoo's, and talk about Odin and Thor allot, because they were supposedly the Gods of the Aryan race pre-Christianity. They are a huge problem for Pagans who want to worship the Norse Gods, but aren't racist as they like to claim that unless you are fucking Scandinavian white you have no right to worship the Norse gods. Funny thing the Norse traveled far and wide and got their freak on with the locals, so lots of people could have Norse ancestry. Anyway it would be interesting to know if the church also claims to be folkish an Aryan Naziatru code word for we're racist as Hell.

The Jesus I saw as a child was always vaguely Hispanic. Then we moved and Mary and Jesus were white. It never phased me as a kid, really. But When I grew up and realized that half of our stuff had Jesus/Mary/God looking one way, and the newer stuff looking another way I realized that a.) these people are all dead so they don't look like this in heaven, and b.) I should sell religious art. Some people will buy anything if Jesus is screen printed on it, and c.) it doesn't matter, because Jesus should be relatable. Our Lady of Guadalupe? Portrayed like the people in that area. The appearance in Belgium/France? (Fatima? It's been a while) Not described as Arabic in the least.

I'm not thinking these people are big on common sense and intellect, so, no, they probably don't know Jesus was a jew. Or maybe they think the whole Jesus was a Jew thing is a Jewish conspiracy. They're probably big believers in Jewish conspiracies.

I have heard it said that Jesus was god and not a Jew and it was the Jews that killed Jesus and therefore Jews are evil. Holocaust and Jew-hatred now justified in their minds. :angry-banghead:

This is how I heard it too.

Archived