IGNORED

In which CM doesn't give a crap about privacy

jerkit

His name is Robert? That is not the name of the guy I found who does cabinets and uses the name Cabinetman. Huh. How many of him are there?

Lots of websites for woodworkers calling themselves "the cabinet man", and at least one besides Chester's flies the God flag on his site.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But there are reasons I thought that the one I found was him. Don't want to list all of them, but it is kind of weird. Since he didn't move to Alaska, where does he live? Just the state. I was sure he was in my state.

But there are reasons I thought that the one I found was him. Don't want to list all of them, but it is kind of weird. Since he didn't move to Alaska, where does he live? Just the state. I was sure he was in my state.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
If you're referring to the guy in OR, it wasn't him. For one thing, his business was est. in 1992 and CM would have been too young. For the location of our CM, look one state up.

I wanted to grab this comment before he edits it.

TinyTimea

— October 8, 2014 at 9:35 am

Happy birthday! 36 is still young. Isn’t 40 the new 20? Or something like that. ;)

Your kids are adorable, though your son may not enjoy that comment.

Nice to be able to match faces with names (if Amanda’s a 6 I’m reading the charts wrong). You know my name, but since there are already a few Rebecca’s here I’ll stick with Timea.

Looking forward to your coming posts. Boring or not

I will not read CM's blog, because he doesn't deserve any more web traffic going his way. However, I have built a picture of him in my head, and this is what he looks like (in my imagination of course):

Comic_Book_Guy.png

I will not read CM's blog, because he doesn't deserve any more web traffic going his way. However, I have built a picture of him in my head, and this is what he looks like (in my imagination of course):

Comic_Book_Guy.png

LOL, close enough!

He added "*edited" to Karens comment.

Hi CM! I know you're lurking!

Oh and CM, I am still a Christian :) I've even started leading the youth discussion group on Sunday mornings. Thought you'd enjoy that tidbit :D

He added "*edited" to Karens comment.

Hi CM! I know you're lurking!

Oh and CM, I am still a Christian :) I've even started leading the youth discussion group on Sunday mornings. Thought you'd enjoy that tidbit :D

Oh you silly woman. You're not actually a Christian. *pats head*

Oh you silly woman. You're not actually a Christian. *pats head*

You’re right. But only because I’m talking to you “brood of vipers†lol.

I believe Amanda did write something on that card because he read it and she signed it "Amanda." At the end of the card, I have no idea what that was about. Basically, she said he was a great husband and she was proud to be his (or something like that).

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Yep. He reads the "dork" messages from his son, then the messages from his wife and daughter -- it sounds like his son got in another "dork" message on his sister's page.

Amanda signs her message with her name, not "mom." So I don't think the last page was even from her -- maybe that last page was supposed to be a message from Robert's mom, and Amanda didn't get a chance to get the booklet to her. He looks at his daughter when he says "she forgot to write anything," so maybe his daughter wanted to write something to Amanda on that page? Dunno, but I don't think it was a dig at Amanda.

I don't think there's much to read into that video, other than his cherry-picking a moment that he thinks makes him look good.

Well, maybe one thing.

If it was anyone else, I'd see the fact that his message from his son is silly and fake-disrespectful, and those from his wife and daughter very sweet, formal, and sort of boilerplate, as meaningless.

I would write off the fact that the father reads the "dork" stuff with glee, and interacts naturally with his son, then seems rather underwhelmed by the sincere messages from his wife and daughter, as meaningless.

But, knowing his history, it does seem to paint a picture of a household in which men and boys can be rough and fake-insulting, enjoy one another and take chances in how they interact, and girls and women need to stay sweet and guarded, and in which their thoughts are less important.

I could be over-analyzing, though.

For anyone who doesn't want to go to his blog, here is the video on Youtube:

I gave in and went to look at his blog. My guess is Ken finally convinced him that they have been blogging under their real names for years and no one from FJ has stormed their house and carried them off in the middle of the night.

It's unfortunate that he's decided to edit/delete/moderate comments, though. That was the ONE thing that made him different from the other blogs and gave him some more credibility. He was willing to let dissenting opinions though AND even respond to them. Now he will just be the same run of the mill fundie blogger. bleh.

He is at least a step above Steve Maxwell if he's mentioning that he's editing the posts, though.

His daughter is adorable. It's a shame she will grow up being a second class citizen :(

Koala, do you have the original quote?

CM:

I said the world would judge her as a 6 when we married. I’ve judged her at a 10…and I’m one of the lucky fellows whose wife gets truly prettier (not just prettier in the eye of the beholder) with each passing year. She just rolls her eyes at me in good sport when I tell her she’s beautiful several times a day…

I noticed that as well. One of ours?

I don't think so, unless Timea is a long-time sock. On his first comeback post she commented and he responded "I ran your IP and I know how you are"

CM:

His explanation doesn't help matters. It sure would have been nice if he'd said "It was so wrong of me to say that and I try daily to make up for the cruelty of those words of mine."

CM:

In other words, he told her he was the only one who would think she's beautiful, so she better stick with him.

I think maybe CM thought he was "bigger than 97% of men" because Ken told him that was the right percentage... :lol: :lol:

I think maybe CM thought he was "bigger than 97% of men" because Ken told him that was the right percentage... :lol: :lol:

I guess my husband's in the 3 percent (and definitely better looking) then. He's not only got a good few inches on tubby little CM, but he's also quite a bit more muscular (and quite a bit less flabular).

He is bigger than my boyfriend, for sure. Likely stronger, too. And could probably beat him up.

But I really don't care because my boyfriend is a feminist who treats me well and sees me as a person. Also, boyfriend is MUCH better looking and knows how to talk cultural theory. And he dresses really well. Yummy. :drool:

My boyfriend could also probably drink him under the table, but, while impressive, that trait is not as desirable as the ones mentioned above.

Re: a few messages up...

What does he mean "I ran your IP and I know how you are"? That sounds super creepy. I don't speak internet that well but does he really have the ability to trace people like that suggests?

Re: a few messages up...

What does he mean "I ran your IP and I know how you are"? That sounds super creepy. I don't speak internet that well but does he really have the ability to trace people like that suggests?

I think he means that he knows who she is as a commenter even though her name is different, not that he knows who she is as in he knows her real name and address.

No, he's bullshitting, I suspect. I say suspect because I'm not the most technological person in the world, but as far as I know, all an IP address typed in at random will tell you is, eg: London, UK. And possibly the person's service provider. It won't give your name and exact address.

Archived