IGNORED

That gum you like IS going to come back in style!

shedemei

There's going to be a Twin Peaks miniseries on Showtime in 2016, picking up where the show left off. I can only hope that Laura Palmer WILL be seeing Dale Cooper again, because it won't be Twin Peaks without Kyle MacLachlan.

I just saw this and am so excited! With both Lynch and Frost involved it ought to be weird, and not being on broadcast TV gives them a lot of leeway for the content. It could be so awesome!

Showtime has just announced a new nine-episode "limited series" of Twin Peaks; Frost will write them with original series co-creator David Lynch, with Lynch also directing all nine.

• 6 months later...

And now David Lynch has walked away from the project over money. It's not clear whether it will continue without him directing. :cry:

What?!! That's so disappointing. This is one of the few shows for which I really truly want to see a sequel/followup. Damnit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... nch-786456

David Lynch is done with Showtime's Twin Peaks reboot.

Lynch, who co-created the series with Mark Frost, had been on board to direct the project, but he tweeted Sunday that money issues have led to his departure. Lynch said that the project was still alive at the network but that "not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done."

Wow, I'd actually assumed that David Lynch was wanting to bring it back, but it turns out Showtime wanted him to do it.

I was really excited about this when I heard Lynch was writing all the episodes and directing, and that the cast was coming back. It sounded perfect. Now I'm left with a bunch of questions. Will Showtime do this with a different director? Do they own the scripts, or does Lynch? If it's Lynch, will he maybe be able to get this made somewhere else? Maybe Netflix?

If they don't at least use Lynch's scripts then I really don't think I'm interested. :cry:

Same here.

If they "reboot" the series I'm going to be actively angry, at least a little bit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm so happy about this! :D I love Twin Peaks and hope to see more of Agent Dale Cooper.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived