IGNORED

Gone Girl Movie - spoilers

happy atheist

I thought it was a very faithful adaptation of the book. Of course they compressed some things and left a few things out, but I didn't notice any big changes.

It was well cast and beautifully shot. I don't usually like Ben Affleck, but he worked really well as Nick.

I had heard that they were changing the ending, but not so much. They just left out the "I feel sorry for you because you have to be you" thing.

I agree, I thought it was well done too. I do wish they would have shown the female that Amy had harassed in College. I think her name was Hilary, or something like that. And also give us a bit more backstory on the relationship with Desi. Otherwise it was a great adaptation. I have never seen the actresses who played Boney or Margo. They were both terrific. And, I think Tyler Perry is a much better actor than he is a director. His movies are terrible, but he was very good in Gone Girl. In fact, I would have liked more scenes with him as well.

Boney looked a bit familiar to me, but I can't place her. I might have to check out IMBD. Go was new for me, and did a great job. I agree that Tyler Perry was good. Very appealing.

I had forgotten about the girl in college. Amy's a real piece of work. I was a little disappointed that they soft-pedaled the idea that she was also getting revenge on her parents.

I want Desi's lake house. It wouldn't need to be that large, but the architecture was gorgeous.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought it was really good as an adaptation - streamlined what needed to be streamlined without losing the essence of the story. Of course, the plot is as creaky as an old barn, but David Fincher is the kind of filmmaker whose sheer technical prowess can overcome that. Was thrilled to see that he brought all his crew back from GWTDT, because that group is unstoppable. Also, Rosamund Pike was phenomenal, and Ben Affleck fit the role like a glove - he's got a lot of talent (though more behind the camera), but it was a perfect part for him to start with.

Apparently Boney's going to be on House of Cards next season, which I'm really looking forward to.

Archived