IGNORED

IBLP financial problems

Eliza

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/03/06/ ... legations/

Interesting article. Wonder what caused it to drop from 2009? Wasn't Gothard not "charged" until this year...

The allegations against Gothard dovetail with financial woes. In recent years, IBLP’s net revenue has dropped significantly, and the ministry is losing money. Between 2009 and 2012, it lost $8.6 million. Its net assets dropped from $92 million in 2010 to $81 million in 2012. It held 504 seminars in 2010, but that number dropped to fewer than 50 in 2012.

Makes me wonder what The Fabulous David Waller will do if ATI can't afford to keep him on. What on earth could he do to support himself and Prissy (apart from hustling)? I'm guessing he'd try to start a church, and if that failed he would style himself as some sort of missionary, but I can't see him making a living from either of those options.

Makes me wonder what The Fabulous David Waller will do if ATI can't afford to keep him on. What on earth could he do to support himself and Prissy (apart from hustling)? I'm guessing he'd try to start a church, and if that failed he would style himself as some sort of missionary, but I can't see him making a living from either of those options.

He would steal bulk amounts of pecans and sell them for an inflated price? Or make YouTube videos?

He would steal bulk amounts of pecans and sell them for an inflated price? Or make YouTube videos?

He would end up addicted to pecans (eventually freebasing them) and failing to make a living as a pecan dealer.

How much is David paid

Use of a house at the edge of IBLP headquarters, maintenance and gas for a 1997 Saturn station wagon, and the balance in Chik-Fil-A gift cards.

Use of a house at the edge of IBLP headquarters, maintenance and gas for a 1997 Saturn station wagon, and the balance in Chik-Fil-A gift cards.

Chik-fil-a is better managed than that! lol.... I love the "freebasing pecans" thing.

He'd be the headmaster of a small super-right wing Christian school somewhere, even while keeping his kids at home. He'd spend a lot of time being manly around the boys and the parents wouldn't see it as a problem. Sad, but probably true.

Don't forget the Hobby Lobby discount! :D

Honestly, David Waller is a "moral failure" waiting to happen. And the less chance that this failure will involve minors or those not yet living a fully adult life, the better.

You mean like his BIL John Shrader? I just hope, Prissy will be spared of that fate.

But I'm not sursprised that ATI has some troubles. With the internet, scandals spread fast and stay.

You mean like his BIL John Shrader? I just hope, Prissy will be spared of that fate.

But I'm not sursprised that ATI has some troubles. With the internet, scandals spread fast and stay.

I give David Waller too much credit to see him become a grifter like John Schrader. I don't see him begging. If he lost his ATI job I think he would manage to find a white collar office job (I see him as a banker, even though he lacks the qualifications) and respectably support his family of 3 -5 kids (he's going to start getting a lot of headaches) while putting some money aside for numerous boys only nights out.

I give David Waller too much credit to see him become a grifter like John Schrader. I don't see him begging. If he lost his ATI job I think he would manage to find a white collar office job (I see him as a banker, even though he lacks the qualifications) and respectably support his family of 3 -5 kids (he's going to start getting a lot of headaches) while putting some money aside for numerous boys only nights out.

Who would he go out with I wonder to those nights out? 8-)

Honestly, David Waller is a "moral failure" waiting to happen. And the less chance that this failure will involve minors or those not yet living a fully adult life, the better.

I know you are talking about him giving into his god given sexuality but he has a look about him lately that makes me nervous. He used to walk around high on Jesus. Now it seems like he can barely contain some bubbling rage. That man is not happy and someone is going to be hurt.

Like you said, I hope it isn't an innocent child...or Prissy.

I know you are talking about him giving into his god given sexuality but he has a look about him lately that makes me nervous. He used to walk around high on Jesus. Now it seems like he can barely contain some bubbling rage. That man is not happy and someone is going to be hurt.

Like you said, I hope it isn't an innocent child...or Prissy.

Well it's gotta be hell denying who you are.

A lifetime membership to the local bathhouse. :twisted:

I don't know where he would be stealing pecans, much less in bulk. Everyone (except, apparently, him) knows that you DO NOT MESS with southern farmers. They (or their neighbors) WILL call the cops, and that's if they don't shoot you first.

Am I incorrect in assuming David has only a homeschool "high school" diploma? Does he have any Gothard-approved higher education?

If not, he's going to have a damn hard time competing for a "white collar" job in this day and age--especially one that can support a family of 5-7.

PS Since IBLP has been losing money for several years, have we seen any evidence of layoffs? Or a reduction in hiring, even of underpaid, or unpaid, interns?

I have a pecan tree. If David Waller stole pecans from my property, I would call the sheriff. Then again, I might let him get away with it upon seeing his pregnant wife.

Anyway, yeah, don't mess with Southern farmers. In my neck of the woods they shoot first then call the law. Not condoning that kind of reaction, just stating the facts.

Archived