IGNORED

Are You Ever Envious of the Duggars?

It'sFunToRun

Though it shames me, I would have to say that I am a bit jealous of the Duggars. After six years of infertility treatments and no children, I'm envious at how quickly they can conceive. But that's more my issue with all parents than the Duggars specifically. :think:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, as a matter of fact I pity them. I think they are a disgusting excuse for a good family and human beings in general. You could have all the money in the world, and be as fake, and wrong as these people. :angry-banghead:

Occasionally when I'm really stressed out over school or something. I know the kids have to do a lot of work around the house, but they get very minimal education. I doubt any of them have taken calculus, psychology, or even written a full essay. It seems like it would be nice to not know what it's like to have school constantly looming over your head...

What a great question. I am also envious of their certainty in their beliefs. It must be so nice to have that faith. I don't either. It must also be nice to be sure of your place in the world. Well, from someone like Anna or Jill's viewpoint anyway. It must be difficult for those whose lives aren't following that proscribed path, especially unmarried females in their 20's.

I also agree it's good not to be that stupid, but it is true that ignorance is bliss.

What I'm trying to say is that I envy the peace of mind their beliefs give them, while I'm totally disagreeing with those beliefs.

I feel the same way. I envy that kind of blind faith in something that to me, makes no sense whatsoever. I grew up with a religious and faithful family, but I have experienced too much death and "real life" to have that kind of faith now. My mom was extremely faithful with a beautiful, optimistic soul. She was never able to overcome a post-divorce depression and it eventually took her. She died in squalor 100x removed from where her life had been just 10yrs earlier. On the other end, a non-believer friend hung herself at 36 due to mental illness. And those are just a couple from my small little life. Nevertheless the destruction in the world around us.

I envy the blind belief in all religion and the ceremony and tradition of Catholicism, but it all holds no meaning whatsoever when faced with reality. They choose to bury their heads, I realize that. But they also are fortunate to not have been exposed to much either.

Having been an only child and now childfree, I do envy their support system and family ties as well. I always enjoyed my extended family when I had it. I long ago adjusted to a life with no family, but I envy the comfort that kind of family community must bring.

Is anyone envious of the fact that when the show is over, Jim Bob will start tightening his belt because there will be less freebies and money to go around? Or how about the fact that 10 years from now there will be Duggars in their 20s and 30s without an education and no real chance of making it without Daddy's meager help. How about the uneducated boys that will be expected to marry, have 15 kids but not work for any other man? How about the girls who, hopefully not but, may marry a man who becomes abusive but they can't leave because they have no money, education and are raised to believe problems in a relationship always stem from the wife? I think some can find reasons to be envious of the state of the Duggars now but I think life will change once the show has ended and reality has set in. Jim Bob isn't Bill Gates, he hasn't accumulated enough wealth to buy all 19 kids houses and financially support them and their families for life.

No, I am not envious of the Duggars. I feel sorry for the ones who see what a sham their family really is. It must be hell to have to pretend and play along that you are choosing this lifestyle and enjoying it like a little trained monkey.

I feel even worse for the ones who are true believers. They have been taught that as long as they play by the never ending list of rules, their lives will just go on peachy king. If something good happens, then PTL! they are being rewarded. When something goes wrong they are either being tested or it's the "debil"....... As with any family, eventually something will break the illusion, some hardship or illness or even loss will make them realize they are no different than anyone else. Then they will find they are not on the firm foundation they thought. What will they have to cling to then? I don't think it will be their siblings.

I really hope the Duggar kids create a good bond with their in laws because I think we know that JB and Michelle will of little help or comfort when times get tough. JB & M will just parrot their same old Bible verses and then smile at the camera like, "See, all better now!"

I have a question about the snark on their house. It's called the " Tinkertoy house" or TTH.

In my part of the country, the ONLY houses that are said to be " tornado proof" are houses with steel beams and construction instead of wood beams and so forth, with a thick concrete and/ or steel exterior.

There is one for sale in our private community and for the size, the price is very high, even for this part of paradise we live in. It's like $999,999 and is only around 5000 sq. ft. ( size of my house) and has no yard or pool like my house has.

So, I conclude that the ridiculous pricing is for the strength of the construction.

I didn't watch the TTH being built. I haven't ever been able to sit and actually WATCH the stupidity that is 19KAC except for unusual medical events- to see how accurately and promptly they are dealt with.

So is the TTH a sub-standard house in some way? Or is it because people don't understand why houses in tornado alley across the south need special reinforcement? Not sure if the Duggar house meets the codes of the house in my area which has been for sale for a long time, but if so, it seems to me that it is a valuable house for how people are talking about it.

Every time a tornado hits our county, I wish I lived in a house built like the steel and concrete house on the bluff that is for sale and is said to withstand extremely severe tornadoes ( although that statement has NOT been tested in real life, thank goodness). Architecturally speaking, the house in my community is a very pretty house. Very unusual setting overlooking a major river, lots of windows and so forth ( how do they make windows tornado- proof?- hmm).

I have a question about the snark on their house. It's called the " Tinkertoy house" or TTH.

In my part of the country, the ONLY houses that are said to be " tornado proof" are houses with steel beams and construction instead of wood beams and so forth, with a thick concrete and/ or steel exterior.

There is one for sale in our private community and for the size, the price is very high, even for this part of paradise we live in. It's like $999,999 and is only around 5000 sq. ft. ( size of my house) and has no yard or pool like my house has.

So, I conclude that the ridiculous pricing is for the strength of the construction.

I didn't watch the TTH being built. I haven't ever been able to sit and actually WATCH the stupidity that is 19KAC except for unusual medical events- to see how accurately and promptly they are dealt with.

So is the TTH a sub-standard house in some way? Or is it because people don't understand why houses in tornado alley across the south need special reinforcement? Not sure if the Duggar house meets the codes of the house in my area which has been for sale for a long time, but if so, it seems to me that it is a valuable house for how people are talking about it.

Every time a tornado hits our county, I wish I lived in a house built like the steel and concrete house on the bluff that is for sale and is said to withstand extremely severe tornadoes ( although that statement has NOT been tested in real life, thank goodness). Architecturally speaking, the house in my community is a very pretty house. Very unusual setting overlooking a major river, lots of windows and so forth ( how do they make windows tornado- proof?- hmm).

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong but) I'm pretty sure it's called the TTH because it was shoehorned together from 2 (or 3?) steel frame house kits and the Duggars effed it up pretty bad during construction. it was only because tlc or discovery or whatever stepped in and helped out that it got done at all and they had to fix a LOT that Boob n co had effed up.

I don't know about substandard--I know nothing about home construction and probably less about tornadoes--but there was a man claiming to be a neighbor of the Duggars who did a reddit AMA once, and he said that the TTH was considered an eye sore in the community. I think the exterior of the house is visually boring but not ugly. What I hate about it, though, is how, for all the square footage, there's nothing to show for it. The have the huge kitchen and living room, but the upstairs is all wasted space. How the hell do you have so many people living in a house and choose to have 2-story ceilings for the first floor instead of building a full second floor with multiple rooms?

I think that reddit user was talking about the whole property, not just the house. It's an ugly property. They have a couple of trees, and that's great, but they have no other landscaping. They could easily have a couple of shrubs or even a full garden for cheap because their kids could maintain it. They also have like a mall parking lot beside their house full of the girl's cars (which I recall are all black..?). And then the house, which isn't super ugly, but looks like a blob made out of metal. It's quite plain. The whole property is plain and shows little taste. You can do things cheap and still make them look nice, but that takes quite a bit of skill.

I agree that the TTH house a poor layout. Not to mention that as a child I would totally be jumping off of that 2nd floor catwalk.

About the garden thing - Idk if NW Arkansas even has a suitable climate for a garden, so if it doesn't, then that explains that.

About TTH, the inside of it. I remember when the New York lady decorated it. The family was so fortunate to have TLC and all these other people step forward and finish the house of their dreams. Michelle, as usual, never had to lift a finger.

Not long after the Duggars moved in, they ruined it, pretty much. I wasn't expecting it to stay pristine with vases of flowers everywhere, not with all the kids, but the Duggars quickly turned the downstairs into an oddly forlorn area that had all the charm of an airport waiting lounge. They stripped it of all the little touches that make a house a home. The lack of warmth wasn't helped by the cafeteria-style steam tables and trays adjacent to the kitchen. What a waste of space that was, for a family that subsists on whatever the teenage girls scrounge up from a pantry of convenience foods.

Upstairs wasn't much better. Stuff lying around everywhere, never put away. Furniture rearranged in weird ways. No sheets on the bed, all the little kids sleeping in their clothes, bare feet in winter. Even if they have a heated floor, OMG. That horrified me from the standpoint of comfort, hygiene, and safety. It screams neglect to me.

Michelle was not, is not, a homemaker. Babymaker yes, but can't be bothered to create a welcoming environment for her own family. Or, as it turns out, a safe environment for her daughters. I have no problem with her declaring that being a wife and mother is the highest calling in life for a woman. If that's what you want to do, go for it. My issue with her is, don't just preach it from your high horse, LIVE IT. Go ahead and make your kids and your home your effing priority Michelle, you hypocrite.

No, I don't envy them. It's a barren household.

After today's news, I am definitely not envious of the Duggars.

No, not at all. I do hope the children are ok. Even or especially the adult girls.

I am not jealous of anything that is particular to their family. Things like having 2 parents with an intact union or having a caring sibling etc. are not exclusively "Duggar." I may be a bit jealous that they have everything paid for by a TV channel but I wouldn't want to sacrifice my privacy.

I do like that their house is paid for and that they do not take on new debt and pay for things with cash. I would love for my home to be paid off. I also like that they have investments like the cell phone tower. I would never though change places with them though and I am not envious of them.

I'm confused don't you want Jinger to come across Freejinger.org?

Why do you keep posting this question on a variety of threads? Don't like the answer you are getting? The chances of Jinger having 1) free access to the internet and 2) wanting to read an anti-patriarchy/anti-fundamentalism forum are slim to none.

Why do you keep posting this question on a variety of threads? Don't like the answer you are getting? The chances of Jinger having 1) free access to the internet and 2) wanting to read an anti-patriarchy/anti-fundamentalism forum are slim to none.

I posted this on two sites. On the other I said upfront I posted it twice but as a newer members (and there are many of us) I read FreeJinger.org and thought o a site that's goal is to free Jinger. I am now educated thank to those that responded.

I do like that their house is paid for and that they do not take on new debt and pay for things with cash. I would love for my home to be paid off. I also like that they have investments like the cell phone tower. I would never though change places with them though and I am not envious of them.

I's like to have my house paid off too, but that ain't happening any time soon. I do really like the idea of debt free living. Maybe I could pay off my mortgage if I was getting fat royalty checks from TLC too.

I'm confused don't you want Jinger to come across Freejinger.org?

The likelihood to that happening is slim. I doubt even the married girls would come here (although I can hope).

I have seen so much support for the girls and if Jinger or anyone else were to see that, that it would encourage them that the world is full of different people and some of those people care for them.

I think the only people even close to the Duggars looking here is maybe someone from TLC and I would like to say, what happened to your network? Why is this the 5 or 6th show that involves, unbeknownst to your viewer, abused children? Are you mentally deranged?

You went from "The Baby Story" to "Honey Boo Boo" where her mother cuts one in the credits. I don't want that. Treading Lightly Channel.

I miss "What Not to Wear". TLC should be called:

The

Lowest

Common

(Denominator)

Here are some ideas for their new logo:

:mullet:

:obscene-tolietcrapper:

Archived