AniLand

I was just reading some stuff on the Family Summaries forum. It looks like David & Priscilla only knew each other as acquaintances, and then went straight into a courtship, with her dad being the go-between?? That's so weird.

Edited to say:

I was just reading about Mirantha & Matthew Chapman. I really don't know what to say. I've never heard of them before. This is really bothering me, very much.

That's what happens when you believe any chance meeting or encounter is a dictation from God. That and his parents seemed to want him to marry, so... I guess he thought she'd do.

Yes, and they posted a new video today of Priscilla and Anna talking about their 3 year anniversary of courtship. It was much longer than their regular videos and soooo hard to watch. Priscilla really lacks intelligence and I felt like Anna sounded more immature sitting next to her.

That's what happens when you believe any chance meeting or encounter is a dictation from God. That and his parents seemed to want him to marry, so... I guess he thought she'd do.

I often feel that David picked Priscilla because he felt she wasn't bright enough to realize that David wasn't *ahem* all that into her.

Although they didn't consider themselves friends before courtship, as young Gothardites working at HQ aren't meant to have opposite sex friends, they had both been working there for a few years and had many mutual friends, so they probably actually knew each other better than a lot of fundie couples do when they enter courtships. They also both tick all the fundie spouse boxes if you don't go below the surface - she's pretty and sweet and submissive and devout, he's committed to their brand of fundieism, has a steady job very close to Gothard that includes a place to live, his being very hesitant around women and finding his deep connections with other men is actually what is encouraged in young ATI men. They were both getting towards the older end of the prime courtship years and they both had the qualities they had been taught all their life to seek in a spouse - it makes perfect sense to me that they ended up together. What makes less sense is that David's parents pushed him to court when he was obviously extremely reluctant and that Priscilla's father, who has been exposed to the wider world, didn't question David's obvious lack of enthusiasm and obvious tendency to fabulousness.

I also think that Priscilla's closeness to the Duggars and the opportunity to have their wedding featured and to have ongoing cameos on 19 K&C was very attractive to David.

• 1 month later...
What makes less sense is that David's parents pushed him to court when he was obviously extremely reluctant and that Priscilla's father, who has been exposed to the wider world, didn't question David's obvious lack of enthusiasm and obvious tendency to fabulousness.

Lalalalalalalala...can't hear youuuuuuuu....

David's parents pushed him to get married to make sure no one thought him gay. Priscilla's parents, well, father, encouraged it because she needed a care taker and someone to keep her in the fold. David also seems to be kind and patient, or at least he was as a single man. I see his frustrations building and I do worry about Priscilla when he snaps.

Lalalalalalalala...can't hear youuuuuuuu....

David's parents pushed him to get married to make sure no one thought him gay. Priscilla's parents, well, father, encouraged it because she needed a care taker and someone to keep her in the fold. David also seems to be kind and patient, or at least he was as a single man. I see his frustrations building and I do worry about Priscilla when he snaps.

Frustrations building? Do tell. What does he do that gives you a sense of his frustration? Not asking in a snarky way; I love me some David and Priscilla weirdness and am genuinely interested in knowing.

Yes, and they posted a new video today of Priscilla and Anna talking about their 3 year anniversary of courtship. It was much longer than their regular videos and soooo hard to watch. Priscilla really lacks intelligence and I felt like Anna sounded more immature sitting next to her.

Wait, wait. Where are these videos? How have I missed out on all this. :shock: :lol:

Wait, wait. Where are these videos? How have I missed out on all this. :shock: :lol:

Omg...you haven't seen the David and Priscilla videos? You are in for a treat, my friend :D

They're on Youtube if you search David Waller. I think they're also on their blog, but I find them easy to locate on Youtube.

Frustrations building? Do tell. What does he do that gives you a sense of his frustration? Not asking in a snarky way; I love me some David and Priscilla weirdness and am genuinely interested in knowing.

He just doesn't have the same patience with Priscilla in the videos. I don't have anything specific but he reminds me of salespeople I used to work with when no one was buying what they were selling...just unhappy, edgier, frustrated.

Omg...you haven't seen the David and Priscilla videos? You are in for a treat, my friend :D

They're on Youtube if you search David Waller. I think they're also on their blog, but I find them easy to locate on Youtube.

Psst-they make far more sense if you turn the closed caption on. :wink-penguin:

Archived