AniLand

I totally don't think he would reject them if they don't agree.

But more importantly, I *love* your typo (highlighted). Fitting tribute to Gothard and his foot fetish. :lol:

Not a typo. Toe the Line Can also be found in the Urban dictionary. Although the Gothard reference is definitely a plus. :lol:

I think Mrs.Keller is shy and is uncomfortable on-camera.

I don't much care for her long hair,her old-fashioned glasses,her teeth, but hey,none of us are perfect.

I think MIke Keller comes off as a doofus.

But they seem really nice and down to earth.

The one I really feel sorry for is Anna's sister,Esther.She's 33 years old and already has nine children.In Africa depending on charity from her husbands's congregations?

Don't get me started about him.

The Kellers and Bates may seem nice, but they all follow the same Patriarchal/Fundie beliefs. There is an older article called "TLC and the Fundamentalist Family' but I can't pull it up now. It gave a detailed analysis of the lifestyle and mentioned the Kellers. The article noted when Mr. Keller was talking , Mrs. Keller smiles and nods in submission . As far as the Keller and the trailer, some people have thought there are tennis courts behind it. They must not be too bad off since they have flown several times to Arkansas.I do feel for Mrs. Keller. She seems to follow the submissive thing.. Kelly Bates talks more but they never have a differing opinion like it said in the article. Lipstick on a pig is still a pig IMo

Anna's mother sort of reminds me of Debi Pearl

They both have that genuine lack of focus on the exterior going on, they don't just pay lip service to it like the Duggars.

The only aspect of Mr. & Mrs. Keller I disagree with (from what I have observed) is the remark Mike made at Josh and Anns'a wedding about the wine being grape juice in the Lord's time. I didn't like the authority comment either; but, we all know that's what they believe. But, spinning the wine was grape juice; sorry, Mike, you are incorrect. Outside of that small remark; they both appear to be genuine, nice, humble people and loving parents.

The Kellers and Bates may seem nice, but they all follow the same Patriarchal/Fundie beliefs. There is an older article called "TLC and the Fundamentalist Family' but I can't pull it up now. It gave a detailed analysis of the lifestyle and mentioned the Kellers. The article noted when Mr. Keller was talking , Mrs. Keller smiles and nods in submission . As far as the Keller and the trailer, some people have thought there are tennis courts behind it. They must not be too bad off since they have flown several times to Arkansas.I do feel for Mrs. Keller. She seems to follow the submissive thing.. Kelly Bates talks more but they never have a differing opinion like it said in the article. Lipstick on a pig is still a pig IMo

The tennis court is just FL land, cleared to the dust. It can be seen in aerial views of their property (and on the show). I think their air fare was tabbed by someone else, too (TLC, or maybe even the Duggars? Would JB be that "generous" to a funie counterpart?) I like the Kellers, but honestly, they don't appear to have two nickels to rub together.

I thought Anna dad had MS? He found out right before he decided to leave his job for the prison ministry? They supposedly had a home in a subdivision before they bought the trailer and started the ministry.

I have wondered now that ATI has a journey program that works with Mr. Keller prison ministry is the Kellers are getting any extra money from ATI? or is Mr. Keller have any position at ATI now?

The only aspect of Mr. & Mrs. Keller I disagree with (from what I have observed) is the remark Mike made at Josh and Anns'a wedding about the wine being grape juice in the Lord's time. I didn't like the authority comment either; but, we all know that's what they believe. But, spinning the wine was grape juice; sorry, Mike, you are incorrect. Outside of that small remark; they both appear to be genuine, nice, humble people and loving parents.

:? That's the only aspect of the Kellers you disagree with?

I always heard the "new wine" explaination in my lovely Southern Naptist (typo I'm leaving) upbringing. I always found it funny that one of Jesus's miracles was a party trick of turning water into wine. Yeah, okay. New wine. :shifty-kitty:

• 2 weeks later...
One of the son in laws of the Kellers posted on DWOP a little bit about Anna's parents and they really seem like nice people.

They just don't like the lime light and I think Anna's Mom may just be a bit awkward. That's all but they seem like nice people over all.

"Nice" people who reject their children who make choices against their misogynistic and archaic beliefs. And I'll never get over Pa Keller spouting about transfer of authority and how when Jesus turned water into wine, it wasn't really wine. Can you tell I'm not a fan?

Oh and back to the original post...yes, I think Ma Keller might be a little slow or a simpleton.

I think Ma Keller has had a very narrow upbringing and education and that is why she seems, well, slow and delayed. A strict, Bible based education with an emphasis on women being helpmeets and subservient to the headship will result in someone who only thinks in scriptures and what her husband wants. She only thinks what Pa Keller wants her to think. Sad. And creepy.

I don't think she's slow. I think she's just one of those women who let their husband do the talking. I know when she met one of J&A's kids she did a lot of talking about blessings and stuff. She seemed perfectly coherent.

It seems more evident when you see her talk and then see Priscilla struggle to put words together.

The Kellers and Bates may seem nice, but they all follow the same Patriarchal/Fundie beliefs.

This! Don't let the sugary facade too you. The fact of the matter is that the Kellers and Bateses haven't been on tv as long or as often as the Duggar. If they were, I don't think we would use the word likeable to describe them.

This! Don't let the sugary facade too you. The fact of the matter is that the Kellers and Bateses haven't been on tv as long or as often as the Duggar. If they were, I don't think we would use the word likeable to describe them.

Exactly. The Bates family and Kellers may be a little less strict, but they still follow the same fundie things that makes us snarkaholics!

I thought Mr Keller was pretty extreme when I heard him at the wedding. However, it wasn't long after that Josh McDonald wrote about how TLC had edited him to make him look that way. (He was very critical of TLCs involvement in the wedding overall.) Given Josh & Rebekah have left ATI and extreme fundamentalism, I am certainly prepared to listen to Josh in his defence of his father-in-law. I do wonder what his prison ministry actually involves. It makes me nervous when fundies are working with such vulnerable people.

I think Mrs Keller seems like a really sweet and loving mother. I don't think she is a very academic but certainly not stupid. I think she and Priscilla are very similar. There are such beautiful videos online of her with Anna, Priscilla and Susannah. Each of them sound so excited when they see her. Her grandchildren also seem quite attached to her. I find it a stark contrast to Michelle Duggar and the relationship she has with her daughters and grandchildren.

I actually like Mr and Mrs Keller. Mrs. Keller seems very loving and proud of her children and grandchildren. Anna takes after her in that sense as Anna from what we see of her loves her children very much. To bad she had to hook up with a dud like Josh but I actually think him being married to her has made him become more of a man who is able to make his own adult decisions for himself and his family without his father and mother poking their noses in his marriage. I hope Josh and Anna don't move back to Arkansas. There is nothing there now for Josh since he dipped his Pinky in Washington DC Politics and the FRC hate group. Arkansas would be dull for Josh. I also think Anna likes the freedom she has in DC to do what she pleases when the Boobettes Blessings aren't visiting the Josh Duggar DC Homestead. Too bad Josh doesn't just outright buy a home there instead of renting. I think it has done the Josh Duggars a world of good to be away from the Arkansas Cult- if only he would stay out of Arkansas.

As for Mr. Keller he is a smart man. He told Josh that the DC job would be a wonderful opportunity for Josh while Boob and Mullet acted like it would be the end of the world if Josh and Anna moved to DC. I hope someday Anna puts her foot down with Josh and tells him its either her and the kids or his family he can go back and live with since he seems hell bent on being in Arkansas every time you see a story about them in the paper or online. Its time to grow up Joshies and Break Free from the reins of your family and be a family with Anna and Your children. Mr. Keller is a very wise man. Listen to him instead of your manipulating father.

Archived