IGNORED

Feminism is to blame for stress in our middle years - Lori

I swear, her writing and thought process are on the level of an eight-year-old.

"If the mom works, who will cook and clean?"

"Without men, who would shoot the animals?"

My grandmother had her own hunting rifle and the stories of her use of it are amazing. My mom grew up eating every imaginable animal that one of her parents could shoot, clean and cook. My grandmother was also a wonderful seamstress, cook, crafter, church leader. Basically, she could do everything that she needed to do to keep her home running and her six children clothed and fed.

On another recent topic - the speculation that Ken has cheated - I wonder if that could be why Lori absolutely hates all other women. If Ken has had an affair (or several), Lori is the kind to blame the woman and minimize Ken's fault.

Finally, I'm really tired of Klorien's misuse of scripture.

I had speculated that before Ken came here. Just by looking at Ken, I've always gotten a bad vibe from him. I started reading Lori's blog two years ago when another FJer started posting about her. Lori has said things about how "she didn't treat Ken well or disrespected him." I always got the feeling that he cheated on her and that was the excuse Lori got in her head or Ken put in her head. I don't like Lori, but at times I think she has been verbally abused by Ken. She has said too many things on her blog that don't put him in the best light.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quick thought: maybe she's stressed because of choices she has coming up that she's not prepared to handle and therefore doesn't want to handle it?

I had speculated that before Ken came here. Just by looking at Ken, I've always gotten a bad vibe from him. I started reading Lori's blog two years ago when another FJer started posting about her. Lori has said things about how "she didn't treat Ken well or disrespected him." I always got the feeling that he cheated on her and that was the excuse Lori got in her head or Ken put in her head. I don't like Lori, but at times I think she has been verbally abused by Ken. She has said too many things on her blog that don't put him in the best light.

I agree with all you've written. I think Ken has been verbally abusive to Lori (perhaps physically as well) and she in turn abused her kids because she couldn't fight back against him. We've all seen how Ken stands firm on anything, no matter how controversial, to justify his own actions and words. He would not hesitate to blame his own infidelity on his ill and "difficult" wife.

I'm also irrationally annoyed that lori HAS to specify the farm was "organic."

Look, I feel really strongly about purchasing my beef straight from a local farm and that it be grassfed. But I don't go around saying "I made some chili with grassfed direct from farmer beef." I just call it beef. Because I'm not on a Lorken high horse.

Lori Alexander · 4 minutes ago

You actually agreed with what I wrote by writing " the man of the house to shoot and field dress the animal." The men were the ones doing the actual killing. I think it is in a woman's nature to detest killing of any kind. Even when we see a dead animal on the side of the road, we are sad. I think it comes much easier to men to kill animals because they do not have the emotional make up of women. God gave us this tender, emotional make up to raise and nurture children with. It is part of the beauty of God's creation and intended order.

This is funny coming from a woman who kicks cats, lets newborns cry for hours and smacks children with leather straps. It's especially funny coming from a woman who partnered with her husband to spank a child for four hours because of a few raisins - the same woman who gleefully told the story of her baby granddaughter being made to scream on a blanket because her animal of a son-in-law is such a "good daddy" he didn't want to share his food.

The more upset fundies get over this issue, the more smug I get over the fact that my lifestyle would make them angry. My husband is stay-at-home and responsible for all chores most of the time. I help, of course, but my career is high-paying so he is compensated greatly for it.

Feminism isn't just about a woman's choice; feminism makes it socially acceptable for men to be stay-at-home husbands.

I would love for a devout Christian to observe my lifestyle and attack me for it. I would cackle all the way to the Bahamas.

This is funny coming from a woman who kicks cats, lets newborns cry for hours and smacks children with leather straps. It's especially funny coming from a woman who partnered with her husband to spank a child for four hours because of a few raisins - the same woman who gleefully told the story of her baby granddaughter being made to scream on a blanket because her animal of a son-in-law is such a "good daddy" he didn't want to share his food.

She's also FoS claiming to be tender and emotional when in the past she has bragged about how UNemotional she is. lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/04/black-and-white-unemotional-and-not.html

Lori drives me nuts. She strains and strains to come up with reasons why feminism is bad. I wonder if it's ever occurred to her that sometimes people work because they have to (whether for financial or emotional reasons) and that maybe it gets stressful sometimes because our culture is filled with guilt-trips about this, and just maybe there isn't too much of a support system out there for women who are trying to care for aging parents, care for children and also not let any of these people starve?

my mother is very lucky, due to feminism. she was a sahm for years, but when i got into my pre-teen years and she was doing less with homeschooling directly, she was starting to get bored. she went back to school and got her certificate for medical transcription, got in with a big medical group in our area, and even got to the point where she was working from home. she gave up that job when we moved to pa, but after she left my dad, she had left on such good terms with the medical group that she was able to come back to her old position with no problem. if she hadn't gone back to school and spent years working, she wouldn't have had anything when she left. she just retired last year at 66 years old. she tried to stick it out a little bit longer, but her health problems due to sitting and typing all day plus all kinds of changes going on in the group caused her to decide to retire earlier than she anticipated.

i'm so glad she had something she could do when she got out, though. i don't remember how she got into teaching years and years ago, but i'm sure it would have been difficult as hell to get everything caught up. and right at the start of the economy bottoming out, she would have likely been sol in just about anything else.

Wow... your mom sounds a lot like me, to some extent. I am a Certified Nurse Midwife but the high demands of the job wore me out.... I retired early and have enjoyed 16 years homeschooling our four children. Now that they are older, I am not too thrilled about returning to the Nursing profession and I am training for a position as a MT for a OB/GYN practice. I hope it works out.

Lori's post today made me laugh. My husband is such a softie that he cannot bear to kill anything.

When we were raising chicks, we had a batch that came out very sick and crippled. They were never going to grow up. My husband could not accept this. He made mini-braces on their legs to help them "walk." He kept saying we should give them "more time." I finally had to give them to a farmer friend who understood my husband's issues. Within a few days, the farmer told us that "the cat had somehow gotten to them" because he knew my husband couldn't stand to hear that he had given them a mercy killing.

Once we had an infestation of wasps. The wasps got into the kids bedroom. My husband couldn't bear to kill the wasps, so he got stung, over and over, trying to get them to go out the window.

Though I am a lowly woman, I am the one who needs to step up to the plate in these situations. I delivered the chicks to the farmer, and called the exterminator and (finally!) called the vet when the terminally-ill dog needed to be put down. It's really just a matter of personality, rather than gender.

Wow... your mom sounds a lot like me, to some extent. I am a Certified Nurse Midwife but the high demands of the job wore me out.... I retired early and have enjoyed 16 years homeschooling our four children. Now that they are older, I am not too thrilled about returning to the Nursing profession and I am training for a position as a MT for a OB/GYN practice. I hope it works out.

i will tell you...when you specialize in the medical field, it actually makes it easier to get a job. i have quite a few friends who went through an ma program alongside me when i was doing a billing/coding program, and they struggled to find jobs because they were too generic in their field. the ones who specialized in phlebotomy (which wasn't hard, it was an extra little certificate they got along with their degree) did much better in securing a job in their field.

honestly, though, transcription is on its way out. voice recognition software that doctors use is getting more and more refined, eliminating the need for transcriptionists. i know the medical group my mum was in was starting to transition to that in some areas. of course, some doctors won't do anything different until dragged into it kicking and screaming, but i don't think the transcriptionist field will be around for a whole lot longer. that was another reason she left, with the introduction of the voice recognition in some areas, plus ridiculous standards they started pushing, she'd had enough. (she suspected the new standards were part of a plan to get the transcriptionists to fail so the upper management could point to it and say, "see! they can't keep up! time to fully transition to voice recognition!" but she shares some of my paranoia, so who really knows)

another field that's getting smaller and smaller is medical file clerks. even though medical facilities are required to transition to electronic records, there are still some people needed to maintain old records and scan in new records coming through, but it's smaller than it was and certainly not something i'd recommend trying to get into at this point.

Lori drives me nuts. She strains and strains to come up with reasons why feminism is bad. I wonder if it's ever occurred to her that sometimes people work because they have to (whether for financial or emotional reasons) and that maybe it gets stressful sometimes because our culture is filled with guilt-trips about this, and just maybe there isn't too much of a support system out there for women who are trying to care for aging parents, care for children and also not let any of these people starve?[/quote]

The only time I think Lori has ever acknowledged a need for a woman to work was when she did a blog posting about Ben Carson and his mother. Ben Carson, is a well known neurosurgeon who is very conservative, appears on Fox News and written few books regarding America and politics. Lori blogged about how Carson's mother cleaned homes for living because she was single mother and supposedly, Carson's mother never saw other single mothers get off welfare. Maybe Carson's mom's acquaintances and friends never got off welfare, but many people all over the country have gotten off it. There was a TV movie made about Ben Carson and a large part of it focused on his upbringing. Today, Carson is a controversial figure for different reasons. I haven't read any of his books, but according to reviews on Amazon and other sites, Carson is very much against social support systems/government assistance.

Other than that blog entry, Lori has bashed working women in other entries. She tends to use guilt trip tactics when it comes to working women. She has used the excuse about "materialism being the reason why many women work". Maybe some women do work for materialism and wants. But a lot is for financial reasons. The problem with Lori is that she seems too ingrained in her upper middle class upbringing to realize that many people can't comfortably make it on one income. Now, there are upper middle class families in which both spouses work, but there are probably other reasons why both spouses work. I have seen other fundie bloggers with the same views regarding working women. A Mormon blogger that I follow tends to bash working mothers quite a bit on her blog, but she does in subtle manner unlike Lori. It pisses me off because that same Mormon blogger has blogged about how poor her family was when she was growing up and how she didn't have things that other two income families had. I wish that Mormon blogger would realize that the reason other families had two incomes is because they didn't want to be constantly struggling. I know that even some two income families struggle, but there is probably less worry for them than some one income families.

Aunt Genny is a pro for drawing out Lori's stupidity:

As you know, all men are not alike, nor are all women. Sarah Palin was famous for shooting and dressing animals. But looking at the history of the human race, it's the men who seem to love to start wars, or go to war!

Lori's response:

They go to war to defend us from evil, such as Hitler, slavery, and now ISIS, for example.

Lori's response:

So. Much. Face palm.

Lori's response:

Really>? I suspect, based on some of the allies we have against Isis, it is both to protect ourselves and to protect the existing power structure and keep the oil flowing. Not saying we shouldn't but Lori, dear, it is always easier to get people to fight for God, Mom and "Country" than to keep the rich man rich and the money flowing.

But I don't suspect she's read much about any war, really. Many times the triggers for war are very murky and not what might seem the trigger without study.

Well, and she's missing the point that the Third Reich? Started by men. ISIS? Started by men. WWI? Started by men. Slavery? Women couldn't own property, let alone another person so...men.

Lori's response:

I love Aunt Genny for bringing up Sarah Palin and hunting to dumb ass Lori. One of the issues I've had with Lori is that she always tries to paint both men and women into narrow categories, while not realizing that people live in different areas and are apart of different subcultures. There are many areas where it is common for women to hunt alongside men.

I love Aunt Genny for bringing up Sarah Palin and hunting to dumb ass Lori. One of the issues I've had with Lori is that she always tries to paint both men and women into narrow categories, while not realizing that people live in different areas and are apart of different subcultures. There are many areas where it is common for women to hunt alongside men.

exactly!!! I grew up on a farm. Grandpa had beef cattle and we had grandpa's beef for dinner. Dad only did cash crops (no animals) because he also taught full-time (after my mom signed his first contract after 'Nam.) along side my mom. My mom taught to keep us fed and dressed. Dad taught so he could keep farming. Part of farming was "harvesting" deer. The deer would eat so much of his beans, wheat and corn that the back 1/4 of his fields (by the woods) would have no grain on it. One year he tried to grow Canola- apparently Deer LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE canola- he didn't have a field by the time harvest came around. We shoot deer to eat and give away. We give them to families in need if we have too many in the freezer. My HS has (still after 20+ years) the first day of deer season off. Kids come in the next day (girls and boys) with the pictures of their deer. Although baby calves are cute- they aren't so adorable when they step on your toes or when they grow up. Plus- cows, pigs, etc are food. Plain and simple, they are not pets. Even the 4-H kids that get "attached" to them know they are raising the animal up to become dinner.

Lori thinks everyone is upper middle-class and city or suburban folks. There is an huge vast country and there a lot of us that live in those "fly over states" (country song) and love country living.

Lori, posting how you forgive Ken for his (possible....probable) emotional infidelity would be SUCH a precious testimony. It would BLESS your ministry.

Lori just linked to this LOLOLOL

psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

lol is she trying to tell us something about her and ken? :P

I'm also irrationally annoyed that lori HAS to specify the farm was "organic."

Look, I feel really strongly about purchasing my beef straight from a local farm and that it be grassfed. But I don't go around saying "I made some chili with grassfed direct from farmer beef." I just call it beef. Because I'm not on a Lorken high horse.

I am right there with you!!! My husband just shot a deer, we just got it back from the processor- so should I say we are eating organically, free-ranged venison? :x because if I said that it would make me super special and more awesome than everyone :roll: (IRL- if I said that to any of the hunters on the farm they would laugh out loud and then they would make fun of me for calling it "free-range, organic" and everyone would all make fun of organic, free-range rage going on)

Lori just linked to this LOLOLOL

psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

So I'm more of a sadist and psychopath than someone who kicks cats and beats children over raisins? I'm more a narcissist than someone who thinks that her message is so profound that it should be her "job" to mentor young women over the internet? Ohh kay, Lori, whatever you say.

Lori, if, every time you make a post, you get a deluge of comments that disagree with you and provide examples as to why what your saying isn't true, perhaps you aren't being trolled, you are just wrong.

Archived