IGNORED

Obedient to my Husband blog has already BLOWN MY MIND

Hisey

Somehow I'm really tempted to friend her and see how many times I can get her to blow her top with THE ALL CAPS CALLS TO REPENTANCE!!!!! Whoever called her a heinous bitch upthread was right.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did she have this cutesy font yesterday? Coming from her facebook to this is quite a shock. I just went from reading her hard-ass bitch postings on FB to Cuddles!!! in curly pink font. :lol: Quite jarring! I do not believe that this bitch ever jokes. I also don't believe she does anything X-rated. She's way too righteous for that.

If I were piously submissive to my husband, I'd have cheerfully supported him in a)breaking a window, or b) trying to climb up the second floor deck in the dark, when we arrived home Monday from a a weekend away, at 11 pm, and found that he'd left his key at home and we were locked out. Instead, I suggested that we go to a hotel and then call a locksmith. We did, found a 24-hour locksmith and were safe in our own beds within a couple of hours. Instead of at the police station or the ER with me nodding like a bobblehead and saying "Yes, dear, whatever you think best!" I was not mean, and he appreciated my good sense. Problem solved.

I dunno why these people are so determined to believe that one half a brain is better than two fully functioning adult minds.

Without havimg read it all...

about the whole mattress "incident":

I would tell my husband (boyfriend, in my case) that I think it's the day to put the damn thing out. Or would just put it out.

BUT I would not make his "mistake" (cause that it is , to her, apparently) public. And also make it public that I knew better FROM THE BEGINNING!

That, to me, is wayyy more respectless than mentioning my opionin (in such a super-minor decision, above all).

(Not saying I wouldn't mention my opinion in major decisions)

Our issues are PRIVATE and they will be!

I dunno why these people are so determined to believe that one half a brain is better than two fully functioning adult minds.

Because they seem to believe that only one of the couple's brains are fully functioning? And the female brain is totally overloaded with remembering how to simper and say "yes dear" and how not to eat an apple if offered by a snake.

And the female brain is totally overloaded with remembering how to simper and say "yes dear" and how not to eat an apple if offered by a snake.

Are you kidding me? I would totally eat an apple offered to me by a talking snake! Who would pass up such a once in a lifetime opportunity? ;)

And I thought the blog was bad!!! Geez, the FB page...I have no words!!

RE: Eve and the fruit. IDK what this crazy lady's Bible says, but mine says that Adam was "also with her" when she ate the fruit. If men are so much holier than women, why did Adam not swat the fruit out of Eve's hand and tell her not to eat it? Stupid.

EDIT for one more thought: If God wanted women to be absolutely passive and "Yes dear" to everything, He wouldn't have given us brains. There wouldn't be stories of strong, successful women in the Bible, ex. Deborah, Abigail, Esther, Lydia. Fundies make my head hurt.

Are you kidding me? I would totally eat an apple offered to me by a talking snake! Who would pass up such a once in a lifetime opportunity? ;)

Aha, dread female curiosity rearing its ugly head...are you quite sure you aren't in need of some male headship, lol? :lol:

BTW, have you ever wondered how how the talking snake actually held the apple? I mean, it hasn't got any arms, right? Maybe it tucked it into some of its boa constrictor coils? Or butted it along with its head until it was right before Eve's feet? I think I need to go read my bible for clarification...

RE: Eve and the fruit. IDK what this crazy lady's Bible says, but mine says that Adam was "also with her" when she ate the fruit. If men are so much holier than women, why did Adam not swat the fruit out of Eve's hand and tell her not to eat it? Stupid.

God should have sent him on a many romp in the Amazon before letting him hang out with Eve in the Garden of Eden. Would have certainly taught him whatever manly virtue he was lacking. ;)

Aha, dread female curiosity rearing its ugly head...are you quite sure you aren't in need of some male headship, lol? :lol:

BTW, have you ever wondered how how the talking snake actually held the apple? I mean, it hasn't got any arms, right? Maybe it tucked it into some of its boa constrictor coils? Or butted it along with its head until it was right before Eve's feet? I think I need to go read my bible for clarification...

Oh, well, snakes were only cursed with leglessness after the fall, so it would have had appendages back then. Maybe it also had opposable thumbs.

What I don't understand is this: if women are OMG NOT SUPPOSED TO WEAR MEN'S CLOTHING EVAR!!!, and being "feminine" is what we should spend half our lives achieving... why is it then "Ok", to look utterly horrible, and in fact, rather masculine? I'm just kinda confused here... maybe they have to wear dresses because if they wore pants, they'd be mistaken for men? er...

:roll:

Maybe they don't realize how horrible they look. Maybe they don't realize that fundies in dresses can look more masculine than secular people in pants/shorts.

Maybe they don't realize how horrible they look. Maybe they don't realize that fundies in dresses can look more masculine than secular people in pants/shorts.

They must not... Don't they realize their hideous prints and shapeless clothes make them look like they have football shoulders and no chest? No makeup, ratty hair, shapeless clothes... That's supposed to be the height of "femininity"?

They must not... Don't they realize their hideous prints and shapeless clothes make them look like they have football shoulders and no chest? No makeup, ratty hair, shapeless clothes... That's supposed to be the height of "femininity"?

Sometimes, I think they use this as an excuse to be lazy. That way they don't have to make fashion choices! Like the secular "just throw on some sweat pants and a sweater" thing.

From the few people I've seen from that church and what they say, it's not even about femininity but only modesty. They seem to equate feminine, even in the sense used by most fundies, as bad because it can be attractive. They also mention being shamefacedness, and seem to take it that a woman should be ashamed for being female (rather than or bashful, like most people translate the word), and should dress acccordingly.

Seriously, they realize they look unattractive and are actually very prideful about it, and very critical of anyone who doesn't follow their exact standards. I've seen Joanne talk about how she couldn't dress like "worldy women" (in reference to the Amish) before because she would be so ashamed to show her "shape" or legs. This is what happens when people with a major hatred of femininity (all things female, including the female form and any sort of attractiveness) get to set "dress standards".

I can't help but go back to he blog.

This woman is nowhere near what normal terms of belief imply. This is obsession! Like, serious obsession. Like, mental illness?

Without havimg read it all...

about the whole mattress "incident":

I would tell my husband (boyfriend, in my case) that I think it's the day to put the damn thing out. Or would just put it out.

BUT I would not make his "mistake" (cause that it is , to her, apparently) public. And also make it public that I knew better FROM THE BEGINNING!

That, to me, is wayyy more respectless than mentioning my opionin (in such a super-minor decision, above all).

(Not saying I wouldn't mention my opinion in major decisions)

Our issues are PRIVATE and they will be!

Wordy McWord. She sure loves to rub his face in it.

Actually, Eve wandered from her husband, ate the fruit (which you have to wonder, if snakes didn't talk back then, why did she not run away in terror?) and then brought some back to her husband, and THEN he ate it. He wasn't with her when she originally ate it.

She has a commenter on her FB status who strung her along for awhile with a "crisis of faith" and seems to now be taking her to task. Which makes me smile!

ETA: I just got around to looking at her photos. Holy shit but her clothes are enormous! Also, it makes me sad to see her oldest daughter with that ugly headcovering too.

Actually, Eve wandered from her husband, ate the fruit (which you have to wonder, if snakes didn't talk back then, why did she not run away in terror?) and then brought some back to her husband, and THEN he ate it. He wasn't with her when she originally ate it.

That's how a lot of people preach it or spin it to absolve Adam (and men) of responsibility, but the Bible actually does say her husband was with her:

"So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate." - Genesis 3:6

That's how a lot of people preach it or spin it to absolve Adam (and men) of responsibility, but the Bible actually does say her husband was with her:

Maybe he was looking in the other direction while she was talking to the snake. :-)

The comments on this post obedienttomyhusband.blogspot.com/2011/05/are-you-in-adultery.html#comments about the ebils of divorce (she has a few of those, doesn't she?) are terrible. A conservative christian girl comments that her parents are previously divorced, but found God together and now live righteously. Some awful woman named Mrs. Laurie spews a bunch of crap about how wrong her parents are.

I used to read this blog, though not as much as the blog I found it through, fewtherebethatfindit.blogspot.com/ The blog I just posted has years worth of posts. She is a twice divorced woman who now lives alone away from her second husband because she believes that marriage to him was false, while she and her first husband have nothing to do with each other.

I used to read this blog, though not as much as the blog I found it through, fewtherebethatfindit.blogspot.com/ The blog I just posted has years worth of posts. She is a twice divorced woman who now lives alone away from her second husband because she believes that marriage to him was false, while she and her first husband have nothing to do with each other.

Yep, that's Joanne. She lives in the basement of Joanna's (the obedientomyhusband blogger) church with her kids. I have strong a feeling that church & blog, and Joanna herself, along with Denny Kenaston's "Charity" fellowships are what convinced her to leave her husband. I feel sad for her family.

Archived