IGNORED

Sex tips from the Duggar family

doggie

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a whirlwind courtship but a longer engagement - was engaged in less than four months after meeting my husband, but didn't get married until over a year after the engagement. We've been married 20+ years now. So it works for some.

I agree with the engagement piece. My S/O and I are shopping for rings right now even though we know we won't be getting married until late 2017. We live together and have been committed for over a year so what's the use in waiting? My ex-roommate says that she doesn't support long engagements because "it would be terrible knowing you're so close to marriage but can't do things married couples can do." Though that has no relevance to my relationship because we do everything a married couple would do :pb_lol: and what difference would it make if we spent an extra year "dating" as opposed to engaged? We know the end game is the same. It all depends on your level of commitment IMO! 

We met and married 4.5 months later. Just celebrated our 40th. There's no one way to get it right. And oh yes, we lived together beforehand. :neener: Too many emoticons. My tablet ddoesn't like this new format.

I was going to say I'd love to hear the sex tips from the Duggar men, then I remember the only married Duggar men are Boob, Smugger, BinBoob and DerickDillard. (Yes they're Duggar men)

Pass. lol

I had a whirlwind courtship but a longer engagement - was engaged in less than four months after meeting my husband, but didn't get married until over a year after the engagement. We've been married 20+ years now. So it works for some.

I agree with the engagement piece. My S/O and I are shopping for rings right now even though we know we won't be getting married until late 2017. We live together and have been committed for over a year so what's the use in waiting? My ex-roommate says that she doesn't support long engagements because "it would be terrible knowing you're so close to marriage but can't do things married couples can do." Though that has no relevance to my relationship because we do everything a married couple would do :pb_lol: and what difference would it make if we spent an extra year "dating" as opposed to engaged? We know the end game is the same. It all depends on your level of commitment IMO! 

My brother and his fiancé dated for years before they got engaged and have been engaged for years. School will do that to you! I sort of view the wedding as just the formal part of her joining the family, I feel like she and her family have been in-laws for years already.

With the mantra of "always be ready for your man" I don't think pleasing/pleasuring the female partner comes into play in the relationship at all. Wham, Bam, and probably not even a Thank you mam and he is "off" to other pursuits or sleep. I just can't see JB giving a rat's ass how Green Shirt feels about anything or if she is happy in any way. It is all about him. Period. If it weren't, we would have never seen the golf episode or the constant "she mowed the lawn in her bikini" crap from him. He would be respectful and JB doesn't have a respectful bone In his body. Except for maybe his hairspray.

Honestly, if I had to do it every single time some horny teenager wanted to, I think eventually I'd prefer it be wham, bam, thank you ma'am most of the time. Then you get to sleep sooner :) I'm just imagining some fumbling very young adult with no experience trying to please his wife who is probably listening to a crying baby, while pregnant with another, and going on like 20 minutes of sleep. Sadly, what I hope for the girls who believe this stuff is that they have a husband who can read clues as to their state of mind. That can put their wives above their own wants sometimes. Who knows if that is what Josh (HAHAHAHA), Derrick and Ben are like though.

We knew each other for a year, then lived together for 3 years, then got engaged and had a year long engagement before we got married. It was mainly that long bc the place we wanted to marry had a non-summer date available then. And if you have a big old crazy wedding, it takes a while to plan. So got engaged in February, married April of the next year (14 months later). But the only thing that really changed when we married was my name.

My brother and his fiancé dated for years before they got engaged and have been engaged for years. School will do that to you! I sort of view the wedding as just the formal part of her joining the family, I feel like she and her family have been in-laws for years already.

Yes! We'll be graduating in 2017 which is why we're waiting! His family treats me like we're already married which is awesome :)

I'd say the primary real differences nowadays are just financial. Taxes, insurance, maybe property, etc. All of those might be a good reason for some couples to hurry, but they are dependent on individual circumstances.

Every time I read this thread title I think- "Nope, don't want them! I would rather take sex advice from a virgin priest and virgin nun."

I remember Josh and Anna in the car on the way to their hotel after the wedding listening to an audio version of the book "Sheet Music."  There is stuff in there about woman finding pleasure in the act beside just the pleasing of the husband.  How much they pay attention to all of that...well...we all know Josh has some fetishes. But there is hope for the other gals.

I think there is something inherently creepy when people offer you unsollicited sex advice. What are they thinking? That every marriage works or should work like theirs? That I even want to know what they are doing in the bedroom? One of the nicest things of marriage is figuring out what works for you with your spouce without having to consider anybody's opinion. That privacy is, well.... precious.

So, I wonder if every sexual encounter IBLP followers have is supposed to potentially "bear fruit"?  That would be very telling about what goes on in the bedroom, implying that the woman's satisfaction is virtually unimportant.

Anyone remember the episode of "Friends" where Joey is a sperm donor but is dating someone who is expecting sex and Monica advises Joey to "be there for HER"?  Yeah, how often do we think THAT happens in IBLP-land?

rawstory.com/2015/10/christian-website-dont-look-at-your-wifes-face-during-sex-to-enjoy-it-even-when-she-resists/

Saw this article and immediately thought of Duggar sex tips.  

Apparently there's a "Christian" website that advocates marital rape!

rawstory.com/2015/10/christian-website-dont-look-at-your-wifes-face-during-sex-to-enjoy-it-even-when-she-resists/

I also thought that upon reading it. SO scary that this has its reaches out of fundie-land. How seriously terrifying.

Quoting from the website:

“Focus your eyes on her body, not her face. Focus on the visual pleasure you receive from looking at her body and physical pleasure you receive from being inside your wife,” Solomon recommended. “You want to connect with her physically AND emotionally during sex. But your wife is the one refusing to connect with you emotionally, so you have to concentrate 100% on the physical side.”

Apparently, if the wife doesn't want sex she is refusing to connect emotionally with her husband?

Seriously, if you were a single fundie woman reading this, WHY would you ever marry? No one can want sex that badly.

And what a sad, sad reduction of marital trust and closeness. 

“Focus your eyes on her body, not her face. Focus on the visual pleasure you receive from looking at her body and physical pleasure you receive from being inside your wife,” Solomon recommended. “You want to connect with her physically AND emotionally during sex. But your wife is the one refusing to connect with you emotionally, so you have to concentrate 100% on the physical side.”

Apparently, if the wife doesn't want sex she is refusing to connect emotionally with her husband?

:puke-huge:

That is just so wrong on so many levels I can not wrap my head around it. I feel the need to go take a very hot shower in bleach. ick.

This hurts men and women both, and I don't think the pastor and the believers of this nonsense see that.

It hurts men by telling them that they are not in control of their urges (even though they fucking are) and that they are nothing more than sex-hungry monsters. If a man does not have a sex drive greater than his wife, then he is looked down upon and not viewed as masculine enough.

It hurts women in all of the horrific and obvious ways, but also teaches women that women don't ever WANT sex, which is just blatantly false.

Imagine a woman who has a greater sex drive than her husband. What a nightmare for them if they believe this shit. The man is seen as not virile and masculine enough and the woman is seen as a freaky nymphomaniac. The man feels guilty for not being turned on all the time and the woman feels guilty for being too "loose" when really, both people are totally natural.

Teachings like this at the very least have the possibility to make an otherwise happy, healthy, and active sex life between a married couple strained, guilt-ridden, and uncomfortable, and at the very worst make a rapist out of the husband and a survivor of abuse out of the wife.

This hurts men and women both, and I don't think the pastor and the believers of this nonsense see that.

It hurts men by telling them that they are not in control of their urges (even though they fucking are) and that they are nothing more than sex-hungry monsters. If a man does not have a sex drive greater than his wife, then he is looked down upon and not viewed as masculine enough.

It hurts women in all of the horrific and obvious ways, but also teaches women that women don't ever WANT sex, which is just blatantly false.

Imagine a woman who has a greater sex drive than her husband. What a nightmare for them if they believe this shit. The man is seen as not virile and masculine enough and the woman is seen as a freaky nymphomaniac. The man feels guilty for not being turned on all the time and the woman feels guilty for being too "loose" when really, both people are totally natural.

Teachings like this at the very least have the possibility to make an otherwise happy, healthy, and active sex life between a married couple strained, guilt-ridden, and uncomfortable, and at the very worst make a rapist out of the husband and a survivor of abuse out of the wife.

Fully agree. But it does more than hurt your sex life. It undermines trust and friendship. A marriage should be more than a friendship, not less. Would you ever over ride a friends feelings to get what you want? Not if you respect your friend. If you cannot respect your wife like a friend, you end up with a slave. Which is no fun for either, unless you are a sociopathic creep.

I'd say that having sex could be in some cases, the complete opposite of emotionally connecting with someone?

It is perfectly normal for both men AND women to sometimes not want sex and that is ok. Then again, Duggars aren't normal run of the mill people...

So, I just watched the clip of the mini-golf double date.  Seriously.  Fucking JIm Bob.....  :TRUCDEOUF:  ....so much for modesty.  And the way Jessa was completely unaffected by the shenanigans?  Disturbing on so many levels.  

I'm horrified for Michelle. She didn't want him doing that, she was obviously not ok with it.  But does she have a voice to say STOP?!?  No wonder their son is fucked up.  

Archived