IGNORED

What about the Duggar Boys?

calimojo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree completly and I do wonder why he isn't courting, yet? There must be dozens of suitable young women willing to marry him for the reasons you mentioned.

Are there other factores? Does JimBob want a dowry payed to him and most poorer QF-families simply can't afford it? Is there such a thing as a dowry in fundieland?

What if she doesn't want to appear on camera? Which is a requirement to marry into the Jim Bob train. And the older boys have zero skills, personality, or looks. Just from my observations compared to the girls. JD is also arrogant and ignorant. I think might jump at the chance but when you marry a Duggar you're marrying JB and Michelle too. And have to show your face on the show and at appearances. I think some fundie families think the Duggars contradict themselves.

I agree completly and I do wonder why he isn't courting, yet? There must be dozens of suitable young women willing to marry him for the reasons you mentioned.

Are there other factores? Does JimBob want a dowry payed to him and most poorer QF-families simply can't afford it? Is there such a thing as a dowry in fundieland?

Ehh. Considering JD is a 24 year old red blooded male who is only allowed sexual activity within the confines in marriage, I would think he is more than ready to get hitched.

Maybe, maybe not. I can see him thinking he'd rather not marry if having sex means a million kids he doesn't want or isn't ready to support.

Plus, I can see JD not giving a shit about a lot of the sexual repression stuff. He seems like a double standards kind of guy.

What if she doesn't want to appear on camera? Which is a requirement to marry into the Jim Bob train. And the older boys have zero skills, personality, or looks. Just from my observations compared to the girls. JD is also arrogant and ignorant. I think might jump at the chance but when you marry a Duggar you're marrying JB and Michelle too. And have to show your face on the show and at appearances. I think some fundie families think the Duggars contradict themselves.

Am I the only one who finds Jackson adorable? A little ADD perhaps but such a cutie.

I fear that as he gets older they will start to separate he and Hanny, so they are doing "gender appropriate" activities. They two of them are cute together.

I feel like we see very little of Jer/Jed, Jason, Justin and Joe. I never see J-chelle interacting with them at all, except for when she played Chess.

Maybe because I have son, but I feel bad for these boys. For the girls too, Really just all of them

It's very possible that JD doesn't feel his sexual urges yet. He has been sheltered and isolated from anything that could set those off. He has never had privacy to explore masturbation, pretty sure that's going to be a big no-no, although I think Dr. James Dobson does say that boys are going to do it and that's normal. What's he going to think about, Song of Solomon?

Now that he's older, maybe he has had more opportunities to be exposed to sexuality but he may not be "burning" as Paul put it and thus not feel the need to get married.

Does he still live at home? I mean, it seems very odd for a 25 year old to be sharing a communal style bedroom with 8 or so siblings. I thought, from an old episode that he made a trade with the bank for clearing out a piece land, that he would get another piece of land with a house and outbuildings on it. I wonder if he moved in there?

Reposting this because I am curious as to what other think.

Is it possible that JD isn't living at home full time? I means seriously are they keeping a 24 or 25 year old man in a room with 8 or so siblings ranging to about about age 7 or 8?

I would think that Jim Bob would have some little property somewhere that JD might call home, or he lives in one of the rooms by Ben, so he has some property. Otherwise, that is just sooo very odd to keep that young man in that kind of living situation.

The Duggars have stifled their kids ability to mature. Some of them are going to have terrible separation and adjustment issues, when they finally marry and move off the homestead, because they won't know who to handle being alone, or with just one other person.

Reposting this because I am curious as to what other think.

Is it possible that JD isn't living at home full time? I means seriously are they keeping a 24 or 25 year old man in a room with 8 or so siblings ranging to about about age 7 or 8?

I would think that Jim Bob would have some little property somewhere that JD might call home, or he lives in one of the rooms by Ben, so he has some property. Otherwise, that is just sooo very odd to keep that young man in that kind of living situation.

The Duggars have stifled their kids ability to mature. Some of them are going to have terrible separation and adjustment issues, when they finally marry and move off the homestead, because they won't know who to handle being alone, or with just one other person.

I thought JD owned a house? Rents it out? I really would hope that he has a more private living space but then again, Jana still lives in the same room with her little sisters, can't see her living anywhere else. It just really seems JD would not live in the same room with his little brothers.

It's been speculated several times that JD is living on his own, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was. He'd probably just come by the TTH for meals and clean clothes. He could also be staying in the guest house.

Jackson is 10 and the youngest boy. Currently there are 5 teenage boys in that room (James through Joseph, not counting Josiah, since he's at Alert), plus 2 tween boys (Justin and Jackson). I can't imagine that room is big enough for all of them now, let alone JD simply not wanting to share a bedroom with a 10 year old.

It's been speculated several times that JD is living on his own, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was. He'd probably just come by the TTH for meals and clean clothes. He could also be staying in the guest house.

Jackson is 10 and the youngest boy. Currently there are 5 teenage boys in that room (James through Joseph, not counting Josiah, since he's at Alert), plus 2 tween boys (Justin and Jackson). I can't imagine that room is big enough for all of them now, let alone JD simply not wanting to share a bedroom with a 10 year old.

Jackson was still sleeping in the girls room at least sometimes as of about 6 months ago.

Am I the only one who finds Jackson adorable? A little ADD perhaps but such a cutie.

I fear that as he gets older they will start to separate he and Hanny, so they are doing "gender appropriate" activities. They two of them are cute together.

I feel like we see very little of Jer/Jed, Jason, Justin and Joe. I never see J-chelle interacting with them at all, except for when she played Chess.

Maybe because I have son, but I feel bad for these boys. For the girls too, Really just all of them

I'm not a big Jackson fan, although I think that has to do more with a kid he reminds me of than anything else. Jackson is about the same age as my youngest kid. One of his classmates looks and acts a bit like Jackson, and he (Brendan) drives me a little nuts at times because he seems so much younger than the other boys that age. I think Brendan's mom babies him (he's her youngest) and he plays that up for attention. I see some of that in Jackson as well. (That, and some hamming it up for the cameras which was cuter when he was younger but not so much now).

I like some of the other boys more... I've become a big James fan lately...he cracks me up.

Jackson was still sleeping in the girls room at least sometimes as of about 6 months ago.

Really? Now that's odd. He's way too old for that.

I think I read the Girl's room is something like 1,000 square feet--roughly the size of my 3 bedroom house! I think on tv those rooms look smaller than they are..

I hope John is living elsewhere even if it is one of the storage bays in the so-called Guest House.

Are there any girl sightings in pictures--like we had with Bin before the announcement? I could see John wanting to hold off to have fewer children, but he always seems very gentle with the little kids--I remember the show when he and Jana came home from a trip. Very sweet. I also wonder if JB is making the boys truly earn (off the show) enough money for a house before they can get married. I know Josh didn't do that on the show, but he had to have been saving (in their first book they talk about some of his teenage business deals).

Really? Now that's odd. He's way too old for that.

Why?

I gotta say that I think it's great, and surprising, that they've always grouped Jackson in with the younger kids - even though they are all girls. The age gap between him and Hannie and him and the next oldest boy is about the same - so they easily could have just thrown him into the boy group for everything. But it's pretty obvious he is happier hanging out with the younger kids - maybe because he's young for his age ( so? Nothing wrong with that), or he likes the activities better, or he just gets along better with those siblings - whatever the reason, I'm glad for him that they haven't pushed him into boy world, hopefully they won't. Personally I don't think they have much chance of getting any of the 14 and under kids to do anything they don't want to do.

In one of the new episodes they ask John and Joseph if there are any girls. John David says no, but Joe smiles like anything. I assume it was just them being silly--John David so deadpan and earnest and Joseph just being the opposite, but.....maybe Joseph has his eye on someone? Same age as Josh was ......

Archived