IGNORED

J'Michelle Much More Educated than J'Slaves

CaptainFunderpants

There i sno way you can take care of 14 kids even in good economic times with no help. I think that part isf exaggerated. The Duggars did get help from the church. I also imagine they got plenty of other love offerings. Given how the Bates struggle, it leaves a question. Then some people just make wise investment, but still no way to support so many kids.

Anyway it looks like the real estate licenses are updated. Michelle doesn't have a license.

https://www.ark.org/arec_renewals/index ... arch/agent

I wonder how they managed when the economy recession hit

Oh I completely agree that most homeschoolers eschew getting a GED, as if their homeschool education isn't up to par.

However, I saw two episodes of graduation, Josiah and Jinger, and JB was handing them a framed copy of the GED they'd earned.

Thought that was most unusual. Most homeschoolers I've ever known or known of, would jump through a zillion hoops to avoid that particular piece of paper.

I thought the framed thing they were handed was just a print out of a homeschool diploma (you can even order those online)...but I may be wrong!!!

How much did JB make a year before the show? sellli ng commercials properties doesn't really bring in large sums of money, but Jim Bob is cheap

Crap I had this whole thing typed out and somehow it didn't get posted. I'll just give the cliff notes since I took a long time typing it. Average rental property in that area is $1000 today. Based on a calculator I found for "how much money do I need" and answering the lifestyle questions as closely as I could to the Duggars I came up with a need of $32,575 per month. That's a crap ton of money. I now want to know how many rental properties they have or how much JB is selling. I did read that one way to up commercial rental income was to own an entire neighborhood that way you could dictate the price.

I thought the framed thing they were handed was just a print out of a homeschool diploma (you can even order those online)...but I may be wrong!!!

I read somewhere, maybe a FAQ on TLC, that the Duggar children do get their GED. Found it!! It was on the TLC website in the viewer asked questions. This is what Michelle says:

Later when they’re finished with their high school education, I’ll have them take the GED test. It’s not required in our state, but I like them to do it because it’s good for them to have that certificate. That’s their equivalent of finishing their high school education. Some of them will finish it at 16 years old, but everyone is different. We’ll always celebrate that achievement with our own special graduation ceremony.

Crap I had this whole thing typed out and somehow it didn't get posted. I'll just give the cliff notes since I took a long time typing it. Average rental property in that area is $1000 today. Based on a calculator I found for "how much money do I need" and answering the lifestyle questions as closely as I could to the Duggars I came up with a need of $32,575 per month. That's a crap ton of money. I now want to know how many rental properties they have or how much JB is selling. I did read that one way to up commercial rental income was to own an entire neighborhood that way you could dictate the price.

There is no way the Duggars are spending $32,000 plus a month on living expenses.

They still have JimBob's health insurance from when he was a state representative, TLC comps their travel, they own their home and all their investments outright. What on earth would they spend $32,000 on? Food, clothes, utilities, insurance and iPhones? No way.

I think Michelle speaks better than her kids. She properly uses subject/ verb agreement and tenses. She certainly articulates better than most of her offspring. If one does not speak well, one appears less educated. I do not live in the south, so to my ear, many of the Duggars come off sounding a bit backwards. I can not stand the dropping of the G on words ending in ING. Many of the kids display this tendency. For example, TEACHING is not pronounced TEACHIN.

It annoys me even more when they (especially the older girls) add the G as a separate sound - teachin-g instead of teaching. It just sounds really odd to my ears.

I read somewhere, maybe a FAQ on TLC, that the Duggar children do get their GED. Found it!! It was on the TLC website in the viewer asked questions. This is what Michelle says:

Later when they’re finished with their high school education, I’ll have them take the GED test. It’s not required in our state, but I like them to do it because it’s good for them to have that certificate. That’s their equivalent of finishing their high school education. Some of them will finish it at 16 years old, but everyone is different. We’ll always celebrate that achievement with our own special graduation ceremony.

What's the point in getting it if they're not going to use it?? Sometimes I don't believe a word these people say.

There i sno way you can take care of 14 kids even in good economic times with no help. I think that part isf exaggerated. The Duggars did get help from the church. I also imagine they got plenty of other love offerings. Given how the Bates struggle, it leaves a question. Then some people just make wise investment, but still no way to support so many kids.

Anyway it looks like the real estate licenses are updated. Michelle doesn't have a license.

https://www.ark.org/arec_renewals/index ... arch/agent

I do wonder how the Bates pay bills without a TV show like their buddies. I would have a heart attack every time I opened the mail/bills! :pink-shock:

There is no way the Duggars are spending $32,000 plus a month on living expenses.

They still have JimBob's health insurance from when he was a state representative, TLC comps their travel, they own their home and all their investments outright. What on earth would they spend $32,000 on? Food, clothes, utilities, insurance and iPhones? No way.

That's an average for the US and includes things like mortgage and car payments there was no way to skip that since the normal person would have those costs. If you adjust it for cost of living, after some digging I found that Arkansas takes 84% of the national average to live. So that would be $27,363. So let's take out $2500 for mortgage, insurance (though JB did say he does carry more), and car payments. That averages out to needing $1243.15 per person (I included grandma). There's no way in hell JB is spending over a grand per person each month.

My calculations were based on someone who wasn't a total cheapskate but I did take into account that their travel was paid for and their was no childcare or college to be paid for. There wasn't any options for "No we'll eat the cheapest crap we can get our hands on and use child labor for all normal repairs most homeowners encounter"

What's the point in getting it if they're not going to use it?? Sometimes I don't believe a word these people say.

I don't know. :lol: I know a GED isn't a requirement to get your pilots license since I know a guy who had his in high school. I wonder if this is one of their "See our kids have a high school equivalent education" type of thing. It lends an air of credibility.

It's a myth that they have some kind of insurance from him being a state representative. They don't.

Sometimes I have thought they might be on Medicaid but letting people think it's a leftover perk of serving in the state leg.

It's a myth that they have some kind of insurance from him being a state representative. They don't.

Sometimes I have thought they might be on Medicaid but letting people think it's a leftover perk of serving in the state leg.

Are you sure? He stated it himself in an early episode.

It seems the only two Duggars with a realtor's license is Grandma Duggar and J-Boob. It says they are licensed under Good Neighbor Realtors. I also read the family has to pay for their own insurance. That came out when Josie was in the NICU and people asked how they would pay for the care needed for Josie. So, no, they don't have free healthcare.

Are you sure? He stated it himself in an early episode.

Based on everything I can find even if he was still getting insurance from being a state rep it's only subsidized and not free. Meaning he doesn't pay as much as other state employees but he still has to pay part of it. I couldn't find anything that said it was a lifetime thing though. The odd thing I found was Arkansas just passed a bill that if you are a state employee and your spouse is can be covered by their employer then your spouse will be booted off of your insurance.

I think it's safe to say that Dim Bulb and Mullet are extremely clever regarding the decisions they make. They have street smarts, something their children don't; and I think they have been so fixated on money since the mega family started to hit them; that they have had a long period of time to work on how to save money and generate income while not doing all that much.

It seems the only two Duggars with a realtor's license is Grandma Duggar and J-Boob. It says they are licensed under Good Neighbor Realtors. I also read the family has to pay for their own insurance. That came out when Josie was in the NICU and people asked how they would pay for the care needed for Josie. So, no, they don't have free healthcare.

Mary owns Good Neighbor Realtors per an internet search. It has a real address in Springdale. It's estimated yearly revenue is between 500,000 and 1 million from Manta. Credibility (I know nothing about this website) has it listed at 179,000 and three employees. I can find no website, no reviews, or anything else. There is a picture of the building on most of the review sites from Google Earth and that's it. Mary is at least listed on Realtor.com

In some states, extremely preterm infants are automatically qualified for state sponsored health care coverage. Now AK is Repub red, so I am not sure if those benefits are present in that state. Also, Josie would be qualified for high risk followup care in most states...and appropriate therapies (speech, physical, feeding) if deemed necessary.

I do not think the Duggars footed the entire bill for Josie's care.

Mary owns Good Neighbor Realtors per an internet search. It has a real address in Springdale. It's estimated yearly revenue is between 500,000 and 1 million from Manta. Credibility (I know nothing about this website) has it listed at 179,000 and three employees. I can find no website, no reviews, or anything else. There is a picture of the building on most of the review sites from Google Earth and that's it. Mary is at least listed on Realtor.com

Since JB is her headship, does he really own and call all the shots for the business?

In some states, extremely preterm infants are automatically qualified for state sponsored health care coverage. Now AK is Repub red, so I am not sure if those benefits are present in that state. Also, Josie would be qualified for high risk followup care in most states...and appropriate therapies (speech, physical, feeding) if deemed necessary.

I do not think the Duggars footed the entire bill for Josie's care.

I've said this before elsewhere, but in these cases there are often charities that help out in a biiiiiiiig way. The Duggars are famous, and whatever out of pocket expenses they had might have been offset significantly by charities/fans in Little Rock. Or not, it's not like they couldn't afford to cover whatever they may have had to pay.

Since JB is her headship, does he really own and call all the shots for the business?

All I know is that she is listed as owner. I also don't think Grandma buys into the headship BS. I can hear her somedays looking JB in the eye and saying "Look you aren't too big to be put across my knee." or "I brought you into this world son and I'll take you out of it too."

I don't think Jim Bob controls his mother in anyway. Why would she see him as her headship when she obviously never lived that way with her husband. I am sure she controls every dime she has. I always thought Mary continued to live with the family after her husband died because it cheered her up and she loves being around them. Jim Bob has a lot of flaws but it had always been obvious that he adores, almost reveres, his mother and I don't think he would try and do anything to make her unhappy. He has said a lot of negative things about his father but never about his mother. I think she has always been his rock and he realizes that.

When I get excited/nervous and talking fast I start dropping the G. When I get really mad ain't slips out. But, education doesn't equal the ability to speak or write well. I know educated people who sound like they haven't graduated high school.

G-dropping is actually associated with southern/rural American dialects; plenty of intelligent, educated people speak dialects that aren't considered "mainstream" or "standard" English. So long as their syntax and overall usage works, most linguists recognize their speech patterns as valid. (Most dialects have specific, unique rules associated with their speaking patterns, too.)

That's not to say that the Duggars are equally educated as the average American, just that particular feature of their speech isn't an accurate reflection.

/Lingustics

(Edited for my own spelling -- Linguists study linguistics.)

I don't think Jim Bob controls his mother in anyway. Why would she see him as her headship when she obviously never lived that way with her husband. I am sure she controls every dime she has. I always thought Mary continued to live with the family after her husband died because it cheered her up and she loves being around them. Jim Bob has a lot of flaws but it had always been obvious that he adores, almost reveres, his mother and I don't think he would try and do anything to make her unhappy. He has said a lot of negative things about his father but never about his mother. I think she has always been his rock and he realizes that.

At least the kids have grandma there to help keep things in order. Someone outside of their cult along with Amy to come to.

Grandma Duggar seems quite level headed and we even saw her wear a denim onesie is Israel...

I believe her companies would be hers and not Dim Bulb's.

I wonder what her honest opinion on all those kids is hehe... ;)

Archived