IGNORED

God CONSPIRED to keep the Arndts together

0 kids n not countin

In the past few weeks, Mary Elizabeth has turned 18 and Luke has turned 30. Both very quietly. Daddy says the seemingly endless Vine Valley project - a project that has involved countless hours of travel, filming, and editing for most of the adults in the family - will be wrapping up this year.

What's he going to do with the unemployed adults now? Start a Vine Valley sequel?

I agree with those who think the Arndt offspring are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, but I find it hard to believe all of them are brainwashed to the same degree. Some in that group of half a dozen or so 20-somethings must be looking at the 30-somethings and worrying at least a little about their own futures. And while a lot of energy has gone into making the oldest sons into court reporters and wedding photographers, they aren't full time jobs and there can't be much need for the younger sons in the family businesses.

Rick allows everyone to go restaurants, sporting events, concerts, the Y and other worldly places, but apparently no one is allowed to work anywhere. Not only are they not helping out the family, but they aren't learning how to work (and cope!) with others outside the family and they aren't saving a penny for their own futures.

Not to mention the level of pent-up sexual frustration that must be going on in that household.

Rick needs a smack upside the head.

Rick definitely needs a smack upside the head and I have no idea what all those sons will do once Vine Valley wraps up. It has to be worrying for the younger siblings to never see the older siblings move on. I'm sure that they didn't think that it was strange when they were younger but as they grow older and become more aware of what marriage means to fundies, it must seem odd that Paul, John, Mark, and Luke at the very least haven't gotten married. Now that Mary Elizabeth is 18, what does that mean for her? Will she start courting or dating or whatever? Or will she be in a line with her brothers just waiting for God to drop Prince Charming or Princess Charming for the sons on their doorstep? :penguin-no:

Do the Arndt's call it "courting" ?? Have any of the boy ever dated or mentioned interest in any girlfriends at all? It also seems like they really have no outside friends.

In regard to them not really posting much personal stuff anymore. I have a feeling at least one of the manboys has found out about the criticism they are keeping it all under wraps now.

Do the Arndt's call it "courting" ?? Have any of the boy ever dated or mentioned interest in any girlfriends at all? It also seems like they really have no outside friends.

In regard to them not really posting much personal stuff anymore. I have a feeling at least one of the manboys has found out about the criticism they are keeping it all under wraps now.

The men are waiting to meet God's best so they can begin courtships with Godly young ladies who don't mind the fact that their husbands travel in packs with their brothers at all times. Problem for them is they are a lone wolf sect and only seem to mingle with normal people who don't do courtships. On-line introductions are probably the only way to go, but I get the sense from some things Daddy has said that the boys have been burned a few times here.

I'm almost positive they - or maybe just Rick - have been reading out here for a very long time. Someone would mention something like the size of their dining room table, and 10 minutes later a manboy would post a picture of the table. A few years ago one of them posted a photo of Mary. She was about 15 at the time, but looked about 10. Assuming it was a new photo, there was commentary here about the Arndts deliberately trying to keep Wizzie looking like a child. Very quickly another manboy swooped in to clarify that it was an old picture.

Some time ago they removed all of the birth dates of the family from the homepage, so I agree they are aware of the commentary.

Daddy no doubt sees the members of Free Jinger as Jesus-hating abortionist feminazi lesbians who want to burn churches and make straight marriage illegal. But I also think he's narcissistic enough to believe he's winning heathen souls via his website and and videos. So it's odd that suddenly the sons have gone so quiet.

Do the Arndts attend a church? Or do the have a home church with just their family? I would think a church would have to have some eligible females for the Arndt manboys.

What about their softball tournament? Do church teams enter? Surely a player or two has a sister who could be a potential mate. Or do they think a wife will be dropped in on the front lawn as a sign from God? I will NEVER figure out how none of them seem to question living at home and perpetually waiting. Ten adult children. TEN! There are now four sons in their thirties, still at home, waiting, waiting, waiting.... Don't Kathy and Rick ever want grandchildren?

They have their own church in a separate addition on their house, I pretty sure nobody else is invited, but you can send your prayer requests and they will go through them and pray for you when they hold services.

I don't think church groups come to the Softball event. I am assuming anyone can come, but barely anyone does because there is really no incentive, They had some baseballs stars at a few of them i think.

Do the Arndts attend a church? Or do the have a home church with just their family? I would think a church would have to have some eligible females for the Arndt manboys.

What about their softball tournament? Do church teams enter? Surely a player or two has a sister who could be a potential mate. Or do they think a wife will be dropped in on the front lawn as a sign from God? I will NEVER figure out how none of them seem to question living at home and perpetually waiting. Ten adult children. TEN! There are now four sons in their thirties, still at home, waiting, waiting, waiting.... Don't Kathy and Rick ever want grandchildren?

It's even worse - there are 11 adult offspring, 2 teen boys, and the youngest who must be 11 or 12 now.

As near as I can tell, Rick only plays minister to his wife and kids, never outsiders. I'm sure they've encountered nice young ladies at games or at work, but what are the odds of running into someone who would want to enter into a courtship with one of them?

The Arndts may look and even sound kind of normal because they've had some exposure to the outside world (although they don't watch broadcast TV aside from sporting events and even the oldest are only allowed to watch Disney, Pixar, or old black and white films and TV shows), but they are hardcore fundie.

I think most of the people like the hardcore Protestant fundies snarked upon out here would steer very clear of the Arndts, what with Wizzie and Mommy wearing short shorts and boys knitting mittens.

So there is no pool of women out there for the boys. Until the day one of the boys finally stands up and says, "Love ya, guys, but I met this great gal and we're going to start dating AND I'M NEVER BRINGING HER HOME TO MEET YOU" nothing can change.

I think this is the strangest fundie family of all. Not the most obviously abusive, but so very strange!

• 2 weeks later...

It's even worse - there are 11 adult offspring, 2 teen boys, and the youngest who must be 11 or 12 now.

As near as I can tell, Rick only plays minister to his wife and kids, never outsiders. I'm sure they've encountered nice young ladies at games or at work, but what are the odds of running into someone who would want to enter into a courtship with one of them?

The Arndts may look and even sound kind of normal because they've had some exposure to the outside world (although they don't watch broadcast TV aside from sporting events and even the oldest are only allowed to watch Disney, Pixar, or old black and white films and TV shows), but they are hardcore fundie.

I think most of the people like the hardcore Protestant fundies snarked upon out here would steer very clear of the Arndts, what with Wizzie and Mommy wearing short shorts and boys knitting mittens.

So there is no pool of women out there for the boys. Until the day one of the boys finally stands up and says, "Love ya, guys, but I met this great gal and we're going to start dating AND I'M NEVER BRINGING HER HOME TO MEET YOU" nothing can change.

I stand corrected. Eleven! Can't even fathom this. It is just so sad. They are so very strange. I absolutely cannot imagine having the control over those men that Rick and Cathy have. To keep ALL of them at home-sixteen+ years of adulthood (and counting) for the oldest son. And there never seems to be any questioning or desire to move on that is even hinted at by any of the "boys." I can see Whizzy staying, having just turned 18, but the ten older brothers? What is wrong with them? Bizarre.

The other thing that isn't much talked about is the total compliance with all of Daddy's weird whims.

Right now they are all traveling to upstate NY to once again capture some snow scenes for Rick's crazy ass Vine Valley project.

Never mind the 30 somethings who seem completely brainwashed, what 24 year old guy really wants to travel half way across the country with his parents and all of his siblings just for the pleasure of spending weeks filming his nearly 60 year old father frolic around in the snow? Boys, you have the legal right to just say no!

Rick has referred to the homestead as "The Hollywood of the Midwest". I don't think he's joking. I think he really believes he is creating something that will ultimately become a springboard for Christian entertainment world wide.

The depth of his narcissism is staggering.

You're right! They never appear to question filming those Vine Valley things. They just jump right in and go. Don't any of them ever think that it's stupid? Or that they already did this? What do they do with Vine Valley?

Of course, they never question anything else, either. Such as, "Why am I 34 years old and still living with mom and dad?" Just so completely strange. Have the manboys ever been asked about why they are still at home in their twenties and thirties by an interviewer? I know they have been on TV in their area. It defies logic that they could answer that every last one of the sons WANTS to stay, decided on his own to stay, feels no desire to have a separate life from the herd, to attend college, to find a wife, to be normal!

I guess their normal is simply "off" from most of the rest of the world. I watched a you tube video of a birthday of one of the adult sons, Philip. They were all in the parents' bedroom. Where else would they celebrate? The birthday boy opened his gifts, wrapped in paper featuring cute little mice, while sitting on his parents' bed. He was twenty.

• 4 months later...

Everyone talks about a Duggar tell-all book, but I'd read one from an Arndt sibling. I can at least understand the belief system behind the ATI/IBLP families' actions, I don't understand this family at all! :pink-shock:

• 2 weeks later...

I just dove down this and the Maxwell rabbit hole (and not even that far) and am so disturbed.

Humans are weird but in this case I feel like mental illness must be involved at the parental level that resulted in severe isolation with this as the result.

I just dove down this and the Maxwell rabbit hole (and not even that far) and am so disturbed.

Humans are weird but in this case I feel like mental illness must be involved at the parental level that resulted in severe isolation with this as the result.

Welcome to Wonderland.

The fascinating thing about the Arndts is they aren't severely isolated.

The older sons almost all work with people in the real world, whether it's covering depositions (which can get mighty worldly) in the big city or photographing non-fundie weddings. They video and photograph engaged couples kissing. Even their sole daughter is now covering weddings with her brothers. These are family businesses but they are businesses that require them to regularly interact with the world.

They have non-fundie relatives they see on a regular basis. They work out at a co-ed gym and play softball with normal people. They travel in small groups all over the country and at least once one son flew to Florida and stayed in a hotel by himself.

This is what makes them so unique. Whatever the parents did, their brainwashing is so complete that despite being adult men they are never tempted to go and get their own lives. And soon they will be not-so-young men. The oldest is 35 in a few weeks.

I've known Stockholm Syndrome is a very real thing since I saw Patty Hearst rob that bank in the mid-70's. But rarely do you see such seemingly content and happy victims. It's unnerving.

Aren't the Arndts fascinating? Disturbing, but fascinating nonetheless. They are my favorite fundie obsession. Whatever the parents did, they should be giving seminars to the CIA and FBI. Eleven adult "children" at home, by choice. I use that term loosely. No signs whatsoever that any are unhappy, wanting to leave, become independent, date, get married, nothing. Simply amazing.

They are so odd..but strangely fascinating... the mom with hand on manboy abdominal birthday bedroom pose is so...squicky, yet I just cannot seem to look away.

The Arndts are almost my favourite fundie family ... they are so completely bizarre.

I see it coming a lot from Mummy Arndt, I feel like she controls the boys and is responsible for the fact that they are Man Boys.

God, can you imagine any sane woman wanting to date one of them? Eek. They make some of the dudes I swipe past on tinder look damn fine.

Archived