IGNORED

God CONSPIRED to keep the Arndts together

0 kids n not countin

From Dad's Diary (this is just so WTF, I think Rick & Cathy have brainwashed their offspring)??

Paul, Cathy, and I had an uplifting discussion in the master bedroom this morning. We talked for about 20 minutes about the ways in which God has “conspired†to keep all of us close to each other. Of course, each of the older guys lives a very idependent life; for example, Jude has covered assignments in Olney and McCleansboro this week, and John, Mark, and Luke have covered jobs at various points in Illinois and Missouri. We are always driving off in various directions — and at times traveling to distant states — and do not have time to learn the details of everyone else’s day. We make a point, when gathered in small or large groups, to catch up on recent developments and news.

Why do the Dad's posts always start with the kid being in the master bedroom? That eeks me out so much I can't get past it to the rest of the post.

Methinks Daddy is feeling self-conscious about the 10 grown men still living under his roof. "But they're independent, see?" Nope. Still doesn't seem normal.

Methinks Daddy is feeling self-conscious about the 10 grown men still living under his roof. "But they're independent, see?" Nope. Still doesn't seem normal.

It is creepy. :whistle:

I don't really follow the Arndts. ALL the boys are over 18? Because what the actual fuck. :shock:

Stevovah Papa Arndt wrote,

...Jude has covered assignments in Olney and McCleansboro this week, and John, Mark, and Luke have covered jobs at various points in Illinois and Missouri. ...

Oh, honey. Olney and McCleansboro and St. Louis are not exactly hours and hours away, c'mon!!! And "at various points in IL & MO" could take a feller all of, what, a six-hours' drive at the most, one way?

Along with God's (?) conspiracy, I say there's another reason the chidults are so content to be at home with ducks and plush toys and a softball classic attended by a very very few people: Saltpeter.

Or, if Cathy & Rick were simply very, very lucky, all the post-adolescent males simply have very, very low levels of whatever hormones make a feller want to go get hisself a gal and see the world as a grown-up man. It would cost a lot less, that way. (See the story posted elsewhere about the six brothers in SE Missouri who never married, even living into their 80s.)

I don't really follow the Arndts. ALL the boys are over 18? Because what the actual fuck. :shock:

They have 13 sons and one daughter. I believe 10 of the "boys" are over 18 now and some of them are well into their 30s. The daughter is about 17.

If you Google "Arndt family" the first suggestion that pops up is "Arndt family creepy". :lol:

I had never heard of the 6 Janis brothers, so I just read about them. So interesting.

It make me wonder, both in their case, and the Ardnts, if there's more at play than mere coincidence or even "brainwashing". Could there be a genetic trait that actually causes them to be less ambitious about making their way in the world and needing their own home and a wife? Could there be a predisposition for low testosterone? And isn't there a study that shows that males from a family with several sons are statistically more likely to be gay? In the Ardnt's case, I do believe that much of the reason the grown sons are at home and unmarried, is pure brainwashing -- but I do wonder if there are other reasons also?

Stevovah Papa Arndt wrote,

...Jude has covered assignments in Olney and McCleansboro this week, and John, Mark, and Luke have covered jobs at various points in Illinois and Missouri. ...

Oh, honey. Olney and McCleansboro and St. Louis are not exactly hours and hours away, c'mon!!! And "at various points in IL & MO" could take a feller all of, what, a six-hours' drive at the most, one way?

Along with God's (?) conspiracy, I say there's another reason the chidults are so content to be at home with ducks and plush toys and a softball classic attended by a very very few people: Saltpeter.

Or, if Cathy & Rick were simply very, very lucky, all the post-adolescent males simply have very, very low levels of whatever hormones make a feller want to go get hisself a gal and see the world as a grown-up man. It would cost a lot less, that way. (See the story posted elsewhere about the six brothers in SE Missouri who never married, even living into their 80s.)

Thank you. Those towns are all relatively close together, and when my territory for work was Southern IL, I would go to all those places and farther in one day!

I don't even understand the point he's trying to make. At first he says God is "conspiring" (talk about a poor word choice, buddy) to keep them all close, but then it's like he's trying to justify the fact that all his adult children still live with him, almost like a little part of him knows that's not right. "Jude went all the way to Olney today" lol! It's just not convincing.

This post has made me realize that the likelihood of me running into these people is very high. I travel through all of these places almost on a weekly basis. :shock:

"God" conspiring = Our justification for keeping all our adult sons at home; fuck you internets

And since God has conspired to keep the Arndt "children" at home, it would be a sin to go against God's will and move away. There.is.no.escape.

Aiiiiieeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

Yup. When Mommy and Daddy are paying for the roof over your head, you're not really independent. You're depending on them to pay for that roof. Are any of the sons paying rent to their dad? I highly doubt it. They've got a bunch of co-dependent adult children.

Are any of the sons paying rent to their dad? I highly doubt it. They've got a bunch of co-dependent adult children.

Actually, another interesting thing about the Arndts is the fact that the sons appear to be - at least in part if not in whole - supporting their parents.

Rick used to work as a court reporter. He stopped working once he trained up his oldest sons to do the freelance legal work he used to do. At least two sons seem to work full-time on the house and property and various others, all the way down to their daughter who will soon be 18, record and produce his cable access show or work on his never ending Vine Valley vanity project.

These are skilled young people who are probably handing over their earnings to their parents. Once Rick commented that he'd never charge the boys rent because they are the ones who built the house, but I can't imagine they are being allowed to keep their own earnings. My guess is most of the money goes into some sort of communal pot.

It has to be a case of mass Stockholm Syndrome.

I have wondered if there isn't some Asperger's syndrome running rampant in this family. Dad included.

I have wondered if there isn't some Asperger's syndrome running rampant in this family. Dad included.

Asperger's =/= unable to be independent. I'm an Aspie with ADHD and a few other interesting things...and well...I've been on my own and self supporting for a LONG time. The Arndt's are just fucking weird, insular and creepy. There is NO way I'd LET 10 adult men live at home for free...nope...I have 3 kids. My mission was a time limited and hard mission. I figured I had 18 years to produce an adult who could work or go to school (and work), live independently, balance a checkbook, rent an apartment, buy a car, arrange for utilities, pay bills and all that stuff. I'm happy to say that I've succeeded. A couple of kids have moved back home after a job loss, a broken romance, stuff like that, but they only stayed long enough to get it together to go out on their own again. I love my kids more than life itself but...at some point I don't want to be "mommy" anymore.

I just don't get "staying at home because, gay" vibes from them. It's clear that the boys are mentally and emotionally stunted and live to please mommy and daddy. I can't see any of those boys being self-aware enough to not want to marry a woman because they are attracted to men instead. Actually, if anyone leaves that house, I can see it being Mary Elizabeth.

• 5 months later...
I just don't get "staying at home because, gay" vibes from them. It's clear that the boys are mentally and emotionally stunted and live to please mommy and daddy. I can't see any of those boys being self-aware enough to not want to marry a woman because they are attracted to men instead. Actually, if anyone leaves that house, I can see it being Mary Elizabeth.

I never had a gaydar ping with them either, but check out the post by Seth on February 20. It's a picture of Caleb on "sock duty" wearing a tank top and he's heavily pumped like he was just working out. Seth's comment - "That's a very flattering photo of Caleb".

Things that make you go hmmmmmm

I never had a gaydar ping with them either, but check out the post by Seth on February 20. It's a picture of Caleb on "sock duty" wearing a tank top and he's heavily pumped like he was just working out. Seth's comment - "That's a very flattering photo of Caleb".

Things that make you go hmmmmmm

That didn't particularly stand out for me because they frequently tease each other and I don't think they'd ever grasp what we'd see as innuendo. The lad does look ripped. Daddy' has been pushing an extreme off-season exercise regime with everyone in the family. Gotta keep everyone busy doing something.

Something is up with the Arndts, though. In his diary Rick seems to be constantly talking about new projects but nothing tangible ever surfaces. Wonder if it's money issues or if he's staring to feel the need to explain why he has 11 adult offspring in his home, including four sons in their 30's. The manboys hardly ever post anymore and Luke's 30th birthday was practically overlooked. No photo posted of him in the master bedroom with mummsy's hand on his stomach.

And Rick is so full of shit. Here' s an entry from today. "As I was coming up to the kitchen (after the workout), Nathan passed me on the staircase. He had a spring in his step, as he was looking forward to some post-production chores (for Vine Valley) that he is eager to complete at his basement work station."

Yeah, I'm sure your 20 year old son is so super excited about editing yet another Vine Valley scene that he's practically skipping with joy. :angry-banghead:

That didn't particularly stand out for me because they frequently tease each other and I don't think they'd ever grasp what we'd see as innuendo. The lad does look ripped. Daddy' has been pushing an extreme off-season exercise regime with everyone in the family. Gotta keep everyone busy doing something.

Something is up with the Arndts, though. In his diary Rick seems to be constantly talking about new projects but nothing tangible ever surfaces. Wonder if it's money issues or if he's staring to feel the need to explain why he has 11 adult offspring in his home, including four sons in their 30's. The manboys hardly ever post anymore and Luke's 30th birthday was practically overlooked. No photo posted of him in the master bedroom with mummsy's hand on his stomach.

And Rick is so full of shit. Here' s an entry from today. "As I was coming up to the kitchen (after the workout), Nathan passed me on the staircase. He had a spring in his step, as he was looking forward to some post-production chores (for Vine Valley) that he is eager to complete at his basement work station."

Yeah, I'm sure your 20 year old son is so super excited about editing yet another Vine Valley scene that he's practically skipping with joy. :angry-banghead:

I wonder if some of the older manboys are starting to get restless, Luke used to be a big poster on the their website and now his birthday was overlooked and he doesn't seem to be on there too much, same with Paul, John, and Mark. Jude was recently on a ski trip with the younger boys and James usually keeps to himself for the most part but it makes me wonder if something is up. They are usually so good at documenting everything that happens that it seems very odd that suddenly there seems to be a lot of things that aren't being disclosed.

I mean they never disclosed that they were putting saltpeter in the boys food but...it just seems odd. So few penguins! :wink-penguin:

I wonder if some of the older manboys are starting to get restless, Luke used to be a big poster on the their website and now his birthday was overlooked and he doesn't seem to be on there too much, same with Paul, John, and Mark. Jude was recently on a ski trip with the younger boys and James usually keeps to himself for the most part but it makes me wonder if something is up. They are usually so good at documenting everything that happens that it seems very odd that suddenly there seems to be a lot of things that aren't being disclosed.

I mean they never disclosed that they were putting saltpeter in the boys food but...it just seems odd. So few penguins! :wink-penguin:

In the past few weeks, Mary Elizabeth has turned 18 and Luke has turned 30. Both very quietly. Daddy says the seemingly endless Vine Valley project - a project that has involved countless hours of travel, filming, and editing for most of the adults in the family - will be wrapping up this year.

What's he going to do with the unemployed adults now? Start a Vine Valley sequel?

I agree with those who think the Arndt offspring are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, but I find it hard to believe all of them are brainwashed to the same degree. Some in that group of half a dozen or so 20-somethings must be looking at the 30-somethings and worrying at least a little about their own futures. And while a lot of energy has gone into making the oldest sons into court reporters and wedding photographers, they aren't full time jobs and there can't be much need for the younger sons in the family businesses.

Rick allows everyone to go restaurants, sporting events, concerts, the Y and other worldly places, but apparently no one is allowed to work anywhere. Not only are they not helping out the family, but they aren't learning how to work (and cope!) with others outside the family and they aren't saving a penny for their own futures.

Not to mention the level of pent-up sexual frustration that must be going on in that household.

Rick needs a smack upside the head.

Archived