IGNORED

Do you think this is appropriate?

FundieWatcher

The "Life in a Shoe" Facebook page (ran by Kim Coghlan) posted a light-hearted article about "courtship pick up lines". The page allows for public comments. I truly want to ask her if her daughter's divorce has had an effect on her beliefs about courting, marriage, divorce, etc.. I wish I ask her respectfully. And I really want to know. But I don't want to cause any embarrassment for Deanna, I realize they aren't public on fb about the divorce. There could be distance family members that don't know.

Is it totally out-of-line to ask on Facebook? She doesn't blog anymore. :think:

I'll try the message thing. There is something going on with the Facebook message system. I hear you have to get an app or something. I haven't followed it because I generally don't communicate that way.

I'll try the message thing. There is something going on with the Facebook message system. I hear you have to get an app or something. I haven't followed it because I generally don't communicate that way.

That only applies to phones-- everything on the computer works the same. :)

I sent the message, we'll see. I'm scared she will take one look at my profile and know I'm not "one of them". I don't understand why they don't address the divorce. It has got to be the elephant in the room. They have spent years talking about marriage, marriage, marriage and more marriage. And then Deanna is divorced in under 2 years???

Oh gosh, that courtship pickup lines post just went by on my Facebook a few minutes ago. It really is pretty funny.

We're not FB friends but I've messaged KimC via Facebook before(granted, it wasn't about something this personal), and she's responded. She seems very sweet. I hope they're okay.

I'm thinking you might be able to ask in a general way if their ideas on courtship have changed over the years without mentioning her daughter.

Maybe mention you used to read her blog and you're wondering if her thoughts on courtship have changed over time.

Archived