IGNORED

Scottie's newest conference coming up -- mark your calendars

WonderingInWA

I must have way too much time on my hands today because I found this promo video for Scott Brown's upcoming conference entitled "The Power of the Gospel".

The whole thing is just nauseating. Who makes these videos, anyway? The couple on the beach enjoying their Bible along with his sappy narrative just makes me wonder who the hell attends this stuff? Seriously?

http://vimeo.com/105868840

I was personally repelled by the Scott-ster himself.

So very sincere in telling you that if you don't have the correct foundational beliefs, his tender, gentle, sweet (yet unspoken) implication is that it will ALL GO HORRIBLY WRONG, God will be disappointed and won't like you AND you and especially the LITTLE CHILDREN will be irreversibly screwed.

So best come to the conference and get the real Gospel deal, thus saving blond, blue-eyed children from burning for eternity in a lake o' fire.

Plus, who does a promo video for a CONFERENCE? Yeesh.

Bumping to report on Scottie's latest moneymaking event - the annual NCFIC Father-Son Retreat. This year's theme: "Why Would Anyone Want to Marry You?"

It is almost time for the Father Son Retreat, which is October 3-4 (Friday afternoon-Saturday) at the Brown Farm. This year the focus is preparing sons for manhood. We are going to say that sons are tested by those they meet. We want to ask sons, “Are you becoming a man or a boy?†We are going to ask, “Why would anyone want to marry you?†In order to do this we are going to identify different challenges that boys meet. They are tested by meeting The Harlot :romance-hearteyes: , The Lion :character-hobbes: , The Bald Man :pull-hair: , The Father :character-burgerking: , The Shepherd :animals-chickencatch: , and The Maiden :pearlclutch: .

(Smilies selected by yours truly, just because I'm in some kind of mood this morning...feel free to add your own!!)

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at that retreat! I wonder if his own son, David, will be there sharing their own experience? You know, David, who knew he wanted to marry Monica when he was 13 so went on to build/remodel his own home and finally allowed to marry her when he was 18. And heck, they've got 4 kids, so he's obviously got it down just right! Of course, his income is from working for Scottie, so...

Archived