IGNORED

75 Pre-approved Websites

roddma

I'm wondering why would any of these kids need phones since they have no friends, don't hang out are watched every time of the day, and are at home most of the time.

I also wonder if they do text other friends if it is like courting and parents have to be involved through a group chat. I imagine if they were texting a lot of different people Michelle and JB's phones would be going off like crazy. But maybe they have one huge fundie group chat :lol:

I also wonder if they do text other friends if it is like courting and parents have to be involved through a group chat. I imagine if they were texting a lot of different people Michelle and JB's phones would be going off like crazy. But maybe they have one huge fundie group chat :lol:

Don't forget Michelle sends the kids chore list to their phones I can't remember what the program was but she did an interview and we saw something about John David having to feed the cows. I guess they also have cows. :doh:

So if there are 75 preapproved websites, does that mean that every other site online is blocked? Or that they know they can go to any of the 75 sites without specific permission? If they block everything, why would only Michelle and Jana have the password? They wouldn't really need one.

So if there are 75 preapproved websites, does that mean that every other site online is blocked? Or that they know they can go to any of the 75 sites without specific permission? If they block everything, why would only Michelle and Jana have the password? They wouldn't really need one.

Because it's not just that they want to control what they can see but when they can see it. which is fine for the younger kids but the older kids should be allowed to decide these things.

I think the password is for the parental controls, and that they can use it if they do need to research something that isn't on the preapproved list of sites (aka use a search engine).

if they're faith is so great, why are they so paranoid about their kids wandering away from it? i mean, if every other faith and walk of life was so bad, don't you think the kids could see that for themselves and cling to the family ways?

*snort* of course, we know that's a load of bull puckey, i bet anything if they were really exposed to the reality of other religions and ways of life, that not all of them would stay in the christian faith.

It's a combination of being just another way to control them into complete submission and obedience and knowing that if they get too exposed to other ways of life, at least one of them is going to think the grass looks a lot greener and run far far away.

I wonder if they have chaperones for internet usage. I'm sure Jana needs to be watched since she has the password.

I am pretty sure there is software out there where parents can view the internet history or something like keylogging. I would think they would have something like that if they really are serious about what they view on the internet.

I think the password is for the parental controls, and that they can use it if they do need to research something that isn't on the preapproved list of sites (aka use a search engine).

And then they need to do it with an 'accountability partner' aka 'someone to sit there and make sure they don't google 'I think I'm gay' or 'How to escape a Christian Cult'.

I wonder what the rules are now that Jill is married, or who even carries her cell plan. My sister and her husband have all of her kids AND their spouses on their phone plan (though for free minutes, not manipulation.). I wonder if Boob & Mullet will absorb Derick into theirs, but in order to control them both...or if Derick will take Jill's number onto his plan, and what the rules there would be... :think:

I would hope like hell their are no rules for Jill & Derrick other than "You get x minutes, x texts, x amount of data" However, Jill & Derrick have requested a tracphone card so I'm going with they aren't on a plan.

I sincerely hope the older ones know how to get a burner. Perhaps the older Hortano (sp?) son clued in JD.

i'd laugh but sometimes it really can be that bad. i had to sneak in a tiny walkman radio w/audio tv stations back before the switch, and i had a full time job then (with religious people in an Amish store, but still). Even working and being over 18 i was too indoctrinated and afraid to be out from under my parents' authority completely. That one bit of freedom felt like contraband. Pretty sure the Duggar kids, even with the world trips and the TV show, still feel trapped by their parents' rules and beliefs.

i'd laugh but sometimes it really can be that bad. i had to sneak in a tiny walkman radio w/audio tv stations back before the switch, and i had a full time job then (with religious people in an Amish store, but still). Even working and being over 18 i was too indoctrinated and afraid to be out from under my parents' authority completely. That one bit of freedom felt like contraband. Pretty sure the Duggar kids, even with the world trips and the TV show, still feel trapped by their parents' rules and beliefs.

when i was a teenager, one of my friends used to sneak me cd's so i'd burn then and then listen to them on my cd walkman thing on the school bus. she had a lot of good classic stuff, so i was rocking to michael jackson, styx, queen, boston, stuff like that. it was my first exposure to that stuff, and it was so enlightening. but i never labeled any of my burned cd's and made sure to hide them well so my parents wouldn't find them.

Archived