IGNORED

DC Bible Museum

thenewclassic

Steve Green (president of Hobby Lobby) is planning to build a huge bible museum two blocks away from the mall that will open in 2017 (Smuggar is probably very excited). It will “bring to life the living word of God ... to inspire confidence in the absolute authorityâ€. He also "wanted to hand out Bible tracts to visitors, who would exit the museum singing 'Amazing Grace' ". However, he claims people of all faiths are welcome and he wants to take a scholarly approach to the Bible. I don't really know how he can combine those two things. This sounds like a very bad mix of religion and education. Does he really think that the average tourist will go there and become a Christian after going through this museum? Here's a long Washington Post article about it: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle ... story.html

The money that would be used to find this project could do so much good in the world... It could be used to buy food for the homeless or invested in programs that provide job training for poor people, or provide loans for small businesses to start up so people can have jobs.

Instead it's going to anti science museums. How sad.

Its such a colossal waste of money. The only people who will visit this museum will be conservative Christians. So, he will basically be preaching to the choir. He won't convert anyone because people of other religions or no religion are not likely to waste their time walking through his museum. They're going to go to the Smithsonian.

Like someone said up thread, the money could be used for so many better things like helping the poor, aiding in job creation, or supporting the search for cures to horrible diseases.

The COO has worked for other companies including Abercrombie and Fitch???? somehow, i don't see those ads reconciled with their biblical fun die worldview. On the other hand, they want to turn this into a fundie country so it makes sense that they go to Washington and convince everyone this is normal. They couldn't take the Boy Scouts so they'll try something else.

What a conceited asshat. How long before he tries calling HL a church?

There is a channel on You Tube (Sandy & Richard Riccardi) that has "Miss Sandy's Hobby Lobby Crafts". The episodes are "Burqa for A'murka" and "Make Your Own IUD".

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I work a few blocks from the Mall. Both my degrees would qualify me to work at a museum. Maybe I'll apply when it's open and give custom FJ tours. I, for one, am excited. The Creation Museum is a bit too far away for me, so they're bringing the snark to my backyard :lol:

Archived