IGNORED

GOP Official: Sterilize Poor Women Who Get food stamps

doggie

I think that he is still a Mormon Bishop, so when some comes in for a Temple recommendation does he ask if they are receiving government aid? Also he was the leader that got the AZ Senate to vote on not allowing women who receive state funded medical insurance to use Plan Parenthood, also to remove birth control benefits from the plan. He is and always will be a dumbs*t.

This lunatic does not seem to understand people other then woman get food stamps and that to get some pathetic amount of money you have to be sterilized? and live in concentration camps? Plus all in the name of god no less. hard to find where you get sterilization and church approval.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/09/12 ... ell-audio/

As if the GOP war on women isn’t already bad enough, an Arizona conservative official is openly calling for sterilizing poor women.

During a radio broadcast this week, Arizona Republican Party vice-chairman Russell Pearce said poor women should be sterilized by force if they get government aid such as Medicaid and food stamps. The author of Arizona’s anti-immigrant “papers please†law called for the draconian policy as his way of “fixing†what he sees as a broken public assistance system.

According to Pearce, only people with jobs should have the right to have children, but considering that even people with jobs have Medicaid, Pearce must have been talking about people with well-paying jobs.

You put me in charge of Medicaid, the first thing I’d do is get Norplant, birth-control implants, or tubal ligations. Then we’ll test recipients for drugs and alcohol, and if you want to [reproduce] or use drugs or alcohol, then get a job.

Keep in mind, Pearce is saying this as his own party crusades against giving women better access to contraceptives that prevent pregnancy without permanently killing their ability to get pregnant in the future. This isn’t just a war on women, it’s a war on poor people and children.

Pearce also had strong opinions about how he would regulate food stamp recipients.

No cash for Ding Dongs and Ho Hos, you’d only get money for 15-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and powdered milk – all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want a steak or frozen pizza, then you’d have to get a job.

So according to Pearce, not only should the “small government†he advocates forever ban women of a certain income from reproducing, they should be forced to eat what the government tells them to eat, and the grocery list apparently can’t include real milk, fruits, or vegetables. You know, the kinds of foods that children need to have a healthy and balanced diet in order to support their development.

And Pearce wasn’t done yet. He also thinks low income women should be forced to live in military barracks-style housing and forced to endure spot inspections at any time that could result in being punished for simply not having the time to keep everything squeaky clean.

Ever live in a military barracks? You’ll maintain your property in a clean, good state of repair, and your home will be subjected to an inspection at any time, possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or an X-Box 360, then get a job.

But Pearce didn’t stop there either. He would prohibit the government from even being involved in helping poor people. That, according to Pearce, is a role that should be reserved for the church.

I know there’s people out there [who] need help, and my heart goes out to them, too, but you know what? That should never be a government role. That’s a role for family, church, and community.

So, really what he wants to do, is re-institute the work houses, from the Dickensian Era. :?

Karma strikes this idiot down though you know if people did not raise a fuss the GOP would have done nothing to him.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/09/15 ... ilization/

Arizona’s Former Republican Senator Russell Pearce has been forced to resign as the party’s Vice Chair after arguing in favor of coercive sterilization of women in receipt of Medicaid, along with compulsory drug and alcohol tests.

Pearce made his awful remarks on Saturday, on the radio show of Arizona Democratic Party Executive Director DJ Quinlan.

“You put me in charge of Medicaid,†Pearce told one caller, “the first thing I’d do is get [female recipients] Norplant, birth-control implants, or tubal ligations. Then, we’ll test recipients for drugs and alcohol, and if you want to [reproduce] or use drugs or alcohol, then get a job.â€

Nothing vague or ambiguous about that statement.

Quinlan promptly issued a press release on the exchange, demanding Arizona’s GOP leaders denounce Pearce’s views, and quickly they came as Republicans went into disaster recovery mode.

One such denunciation came from leading GOP strategist Sean Noble, who took to his Twitter account on Saturday to call for Pearce’s removal.

What baffles me is that he doesn't seem to realise the consequences this could have. I could see someone falling on bad times and choosing to steal or take up less-than-legal occupations to get by, because losing fertility permanently as a result of a few hard months would make women extremely unlikely to actually use the legally available help..

That may be the point.

Karma strikes this idiot down though you know if people did not raise a fuss the GOP would have done nothing to him.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/09/15 ... ilization/

Arizona’s Former Republican Senator Russell Pearce has been forced to resign as the party’s Vice Chair after arguing in favor of coercive sterilization of women in receipt of Medicaid, along with compulsory drug and alcohol tests.

Pearce made his awful remarks on Saturday, on the radio show of Arizona Democratic Party Executive Director DJ Quinlan.

“You put me in charge of Medicaid,†Pearce told one caller, “the first thing I’d do is get [female recipients] Norplant, birth-control implants, or tubal ligations. Then, we’ll test recipients for drugs and alcohol, and if you want to [reproduce] or use drugs or alcohol, then get a job.â€

Nothing vague or ambiguous about that statement.

Quinlan promptly issued a press release on the exchange, demanding Arizona’s GOP leaders denounce Pearce’s views, and quickly they came as Republicans went into disaster recovery mode.

One such denunciation came from leading GOP strategist Sean Noble, who took to his Twitter account on Saturday to call for Pearce’s removal.

He's also claimed that he was quoting someone else, and forgot to attribute it to the person, whose name he still hasn't given. :liar:

He's also claimed that he was quoting someone else, and forgot to attribute it to the person, whose name he still hasn't given. :liar:

At least it is original over the I was misquoted or misspoke. like this idiot does not think everything he said he does not believe.

At least it is original over the I was misquoted or misspoke. like this idiot does not think everything he said he does not believe.

He's just trying to cover his tracks.

Archived