IGNORED

Jill under fire for promoting sex - ???

1st wiccan fundie

Jill has swallowed so much Kool-Aid and completely missed the sexual revolution and women's movement that she has no clue who she is. She is letting her family (a patriarchy) define her instead of defining herself. She chased a man so that she could get married first and have sex without birth control and be the first girl to get pregnant. Her message is---this is the best thing a girl could do. Be like me. Her message is wrong.

She's not the only woman who strives to be nothing more than a wife and mother. There are non-fundie women who want nothing more than their MRS degree.

This is one of the lamest Duggar stories I've ever seen. A married woman who is known not to use any form of birth control gets pregnant and it is a scandal now. We've got some serious issues in our society.

She's not the only woman who strives to be nothing more than a wife and mother. There are non-fundie women who want nothing more than their MRS degree.

This is one of the lamest Duggar stories I've ever seen. A married woman who is known not to use any form of birth control gets pregnant and it is a scandal now. We've got some serious issues in our society.

I hope you both don't mean this the way it reads-- but it sounds like you're saying being a stay at home wife and mother isn't as valuable or meaningful as a paid career. While I never got the opportunity to be a SAHM for any long stretch-- I can certainly see it as a wonderful lifestyle- if you desire it.

The problem isn't that Jill is doing this- the problem can be when they make women feel inadequate if they don't follow that path. Just like its a problem if women are made to feel inadequate if they are a SAHM.

If your attitude really is that she must have an outside job or she's just a tool of the patriarchy-- well, all I can say is the seventies called and they would like their philosophy back.

You are right - I am one and proud and happy for it!! I am quite intelligent and do well in school but I didn't want anything more for myself than to be married and be a mother. I am fortunate to have been blessed with all that I wanted.

I am not ashamed of that being my desire in life.

I hope you both don't mean this the way it reads-- but it sounds like you're saying being a stay at home wife and mother isn't as valuable or meaningful as a paid career. While I never got the opportunity to be a SAHM for any long stretch-- I can certainly see it as a wonderful lifestyle- if you desire it.

The problem isn't that Jill is doing this- the problem can be when they make women feel inadequate if they don't follow that path. Just like its a problem if women are made to feel inadequate if they are a SAHM.

If your attitude really is that she must have an outside job or she's just a tool of the patriarchy-- well, all I can say is the seventies called and they would like their philosophy back.

That's not what I'm saying at all!!!! I have no problem if what Jill wants to be is a SAHM. My point was it's not just fundie women who want to do that. I thought the original poster was saying it was an issue and I was trying to counter that. Obviously I didn't do a good job at getting my point across. My mom was a SAHM and if I had chosen to have children I more than likely would have taken the same path.

My other point was, as a society, have we sunk so low that a married woman having a child is now a scandal?

That's not what I'm saying at all!!!! I have no problem if what Jill wants to be is a SAHM. My point was it's not just fundie women who want to do that. I thought the original poster was saying it was an issue and I was trying to counter that. Obviously I didn't do a good job at getting my point across. My mom was a SAHM and if I had chosen to have children I more than likely would have taken the same path.

My other point was, as a society, have we sunk so low that a married woman having a child is now a scandal?

My apologies. It's often difficult to tell tone on the Internet . I think it was the phrasing about

" wanting nothing more than an MRS degree" sounded dismissive, to me.

I don't think as a society anybody would consider Jill being pregnant scandalous-- I think the only " scandal" is the one the columnist made up to increase her Internet clicks.

My apologies. It's often difficult to tell tone on the Internet . I think it was the phrasing about

" wanting nothing more than an MRS degree" sounded dismissive, to me.

I don't think as a society anybody would consider Jill being pregnant scandalous-- I think the only " scandal" is the one the columnist made up to increase her Internet clicks.

Yeah I could have probably phrased it better. I hadn't even thought of that phrase in a long time until a high school senior said it to me today. Maybe that's why it was in my mind. I'm probably considered an anti-feminist. I don't believe that every woman needs to have the same wants and desires. I agree with some of the feminist agenda but I disagree with the part that all women need to be just like that.

I did like how the writer of that shoddy article described Jill as "cast member".

I tested the pearl clutchability of the whole sex while married theme but no pearls were clutched. None. Zip. Zilch. In fact, I bet when these two leave the house, they are rearranging their clothes back in order. As they should since they are healthy, happy and in love.

I did like how the writer of that shoddy article described Jill as "cast member".

I tested the pearl clutchability of the whole sex while married theme but no pearls were clutched. None. Zip. Zilch. In fact, I bet when these two leave the house, they are rearranging their clothes back in order. As they should since they are healthy, happy and in love.

I still think Jill's hair in her IG photo about the spaghetti dinner looks like they had just finished having dessert before heading out to have dinner. :whistle:

Yeah I could have probably phrased it better. I hadn't even thought of that phrase in a long time until a high school senior said it to me today. Maybe that's why it was in my mind. I'm probably considered an anti-feminist. I don't believe that every woman needs to have the same wants and desires. I agree with some of the feminist agenda but I disagree with the part that all women need to be just like that.

A real feminist would want women to be able to follow the life path they choose, that's the whole point. The ones who say women MUST follow the exact lifestyle they think is best are no better than the fundamentalist extremists. IMHO.

On now, this is beyond stupid. Jill is a married woman fundie woman who (along with her family) preaches purity until marriage), not a teen mom.

Duggar sex scandal: a Duggar got married, had sex, got pregnant. Isn't this what they've been doing for over twenty years now? Did the "journalist" expect an immaculate conception? Perhaps she thought the Duggars would stay abstinant after marriage? Maybe she thinks unprotected sex is kinky?

I believe she rushed into marriage and unprotected sex and a very early pregnancy world announcement because that is the only path she sees for women in the Duggar family. She should know that there are many paths for women and she should be able to choose the ones that she wants. She should not be under the authority of men.

Ugh. So sorry I gave that underwhelming piece of writing a hit.

Jill is under fire from who?

She's somehow setting a bad example for getting married and THEN getting pregnant?

Say what?

You know, Jill has taken some heat for announcing her pregnancy so early, some of it in this forum. But as much as I hate defending a Duggar for anything, it really is a damned if you do damned if you don't thing. If she had not announced everyone would blow up every picture of her looking for (I so hate this term but for lack of a better one) baby bump and count back days to speculate if the conception came before or after vows. If she does announce, as she did of course, then she gets heat for grabbing Jessa's spotlight or announcing too early. I kinda feel bad for the girl on this one.

While the author phrased the article poorly, they are correct, Jill, and the Duggars, do promote sex.

Did not Jill herself state; in a recent interview, that the reason they got married so quickly was so they wouldn't be 'tempted'? They rushed the wedding so they could have righteous sex. Righteous sex means not only are the participants married, but that they are open, with each sex act, to becoming pregnant. The Duggars promote the idea of sex constantly, it's the main thing they talk about on their show. Yeah, married sex is still sex. When a fundie becomes pregnant, it's their way of bragging that they finally get to have sex. Sex blessed by god no less.

Their obsession with 'modesty' also constantly throws the idea of sex into the spotlight. Yes, modesty is in quotes because I find they whole clan to be far from modest. (that word does not mean what they think it means) They do not mean modesty, as in humble, not self-centered, they mean modesty as in 'not tempting males to lust'. (you know, sex)

A real feminist would want women to be able to follow the life path they choose, that's the whole point. The ones who say women MUST follow the exact lifestyle they think is best are no better than the fundamentalist extremists. IMHO.

I agree with you Mama Mia!! But after having so many tell me I'm not screaming loud enough or I'm doing my fellow females a disservice by not wanting them to have more in life I figured I was in the one who was whacky. It's not my place to decide if a woman, or man for that matter, is fulfilled in their life choices.

I honestly think Jill has a better shot at being able to do more than Jessa. Derrick, IMO, will support Jill doing whatever she wants, with in reason. I think he might have a few issues with some of the ATI home school stuff.

Archived