IGNORED

Jill under fire for promoting sex - ???

1st wiccan fundie

I enjoy snarking on the Duggars, and all I have to say is: :wtf: :cray-cray:

Just...what. She had sex when she was married, why is that a big deal and confusing for teens? And like, duh she got pregnant quickly (although no one was expecting this quickly), they don't use BC. Unprotected sex = baby. I feel like the writer of this article doesn't know anything about the Duggar beliefs.

"Is it OK to flaunt having sex on TV by announcing baby news. especially after claiming all these years she didn’t before?"

I'm not sure what the thought was there? But apparently everyone who has babies promotes sex. Or something. And if you didn't have sex before, how dare you have sex and make a baby?

Oh for f*** sake! with all the things the writer could have criticised the Duggars for, and this is what she picks. I guess the author missed the episode with dim bulb dry humping Dq on the mini golf course, in front of their daughter and her boyfriend while Dq sing "you can't do this yet, nah nah na-nah nah!"

Well it's not exactly a " real" news site. It's a thousand different columnists who are hoping to make a few bucks by spewing out an article on a random topical subject. They all read like an essay you are made to write in 6 th grade.

The author writes under the Celebrity area of the site- so she no doubt saw the people cover, spent half an hour google skimming for background and opinions and then pushed this out. Probably half the info and opinion and speculation she got was from here.

I would bet the " omg, SEX!" was just thrown in to up the clicks.

It must have been an extremely slow news day somewhere. That was bulls*it.

They got famous off sex.
Yes, they did and it was the married form of sex that Jill's parents constantly talk about on their show. Should be no confusion!

The entire Duggar family promotes sex.

For heavens sake, they have 19 kids! JimBob and Josh are constantly on their wives.

Everything that the Duggars do is about sex.

i can't read the article, as whenever i try to access the site it locks up my browser and i have to end it from the task manager, but it doesn't sound like i'm missing much. like, seriously?? the whole point of waiting until marriage is to...wait until marriage. after that, it's free game. if they really wanted to promote no sex at all, they'd be completely celibate.

Umm, okay.

The article never actually stated how she is under fire.

yeah, i mean this is the first time i've heard about it. maybe they're trying to get something going?

I can't find it now, but I recently read an interesting article about how sex is brought into completely unrelated " news" topics, solely because it ups the chances it will be read. Sex has always sold, but with a billion competing websites I guess they have really increased how far they'll go. This one was pretty bad.

Shocking! Married Woman Has Sex....film at 11:00!!! :pink-shock:

AND gets pregnant because she doesn't use birth control or condoms! wow! :O lol

After reading this it sounds like they just took a bunch of things said about Jill and wrote an article. the whole spotlight thing came about because it was released right after Jessa's engagement. though i'd never heard anyone say that she got pregnant on purpose to stay in the spot light. :lol: and the fast thing has came from people saying how can she go from zero to sixty from no touching to baby in under a month and worried how she was handling it.

After reading this it sounds like they just took a bunch of things said about Jill and wrote an article. the whole spotlight thing came about because it was released right after Jessa's engagement. though i'd never heard anyone say that she got pregnant on purpose to stay in the spot light. :lol: and the fast thing has came from people saying how can she go from zero to sixty from no touching to baby in under a month and worried how she was handling it.

Judging by the huge grin on her face whenever she's shown with her husband, I'd say she's handling "it" extremely well ;)

This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen all day. She's getting in trouble for having a baby? And I don't see how the leghumpers don't like this. Aren't they supposed to be going on and on about what a great role model she is? I don't understand this article at all.

Jill has swallowed so much Kool-Aid and completely missed the sexual revolution and women's movement that she has no clue who she is. She is letting her family (a patriarchy) define her instead of defining herself. She chased a man so that she could get married first and have sex without birth control and be the first girl to get pregnant. Her message is---this is the best thing a girl could do. Be like me. Her message is wrong.

Archived