IGNORED

Are there other gamers here?

mebeforee

The other thing about the vampires is that they kill people in the towns, and then you have to reset to finish certain quests. 

I do love skyrim

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, browncoatslytherin said:

i've found that skyrim as an rpg is whatever you want it to be. it can be a totally not serious casual game or the most sooper serial rpg ever. especially if you have the pc version. ALL the mods!

I'm pretty much a PC only gamer, and I started playing the Elder Scrolls back in Arena. Even though most of the missions were templates, the character creation was what really interested me. So, it took me years to finish it because I kept re-making characters to fit different RP scenarios in my head. I would write up full backgrounds for each character I made, and really let that background and personality traits dictate many of my in-game decisions.

And that's another reason I got hooked on the Elder Scrolls. I don't think there had ever before been a game like that, where the world was so open and you could do what you wanted and ignore the main quest for a long time if you wished.

And they just kept getting better. For all its bugs, I still think Daggerfall is an awesome game, and my daughter even gave it a whirl fairly recently and really liked its "retro graphics" that to her looked similar to Minecraft.

I was like, "Oh, honey, those aren't *retro*...those are some legit 1996 graphics that were the best that were out at the time." :pb_lol: And I loved getting turned into a vampire and a werewolf in that game. It was awesome.

Oblivion was great, RP-wise (and I'm still not finished with it--and the graphics are just beautiful), but it sounds like Skyrim is just bonkers. I can't wait!

46 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

The other thing about the vampires is that they kill people in the towns, and then you have to reset to finish certain quests. 

I do love skyrim

Good to know! Thanks!

skyrim is incredibly loose when it comes to character creation, if you're going to rp it's all player directed and is not limited by the game. you could literally do just about everything in every play style in just one character if you wanted to. they made it that way to appeal to a wider set of gamers, but i like it cuz to me there are a lot more options of what to do, character-wise.

Archived