IGNORED

Are there other gamers here?

mebeforee

bwahaha. i've done the main questline, the college questline, the bard college questline, and the stormcloak side of the civil war. i have a character lined up for the imperial side of the civil war and the dark brotherhood as well. i haven't come up with a solid character for the companions guild and i suck so badly at stealth, i'll probably never get the thieve's guild completed. :/

my favourite thing i've done so far, though, is getting the oblivion walker trophy. 15 daedric artifacts are a pain in the ass to get, but it was so worth it.

That is cool! I found stealth easy to level up, since if you just always use stealth in towns, you'll automatically level up every time it succeeds. So you don't even have to really try, it will end up succeeding now and then if you're always in stealth around non-aggro NPCs. Plus, my version of smelling the virtual roses in Skyrim was stealing and pickpocketing shit. I loved those quests, most of them were really fun.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is cool! I found stealth easy to level up, since if you just always use stealth in towns, you'll automatically level up every time it succeeds. So you don't even have to really try, it will end up succeeding now and then if you're always in stealth around non-aggro NPCs. Plus, my version of smelling the virtual roses in Skyrim was stealing and pickpocketing shit. I loved those quests, most of them were really fun.

i might have to try that with a sneaky character. i'm such a leeroy jenkins, though :P

i...may or may not have used the fus ro da shout in enemy camps/caves/forts just to alert them to my presence and draw them to me... :whistle:

Ha! I always forgot about fus ro da and rarely used it. I think that just shows what a great game Skyrim is, that it fits such differing play styles.

fus ro da is probably my #1 used shout. #2 is marked for death. it makes fighting giants sooooo much easier.

Anywho, I can't possibly express my excitement for Fallout 4. I'm playing Fallout 3 now and I'm playing the Fallout Vault game on my iphone. I get a little obsessive.

[...]

Anyone else counting down the days for Fallout 4 or any other game?

YES. I'm finishing up New Vegas now (never finished it for some reason).

I'm not very good at Fallout Shelter. :(

YES. I'm finishing up New Vegas now (never finished it for some reason).

I'm not very good at Fallout Shelter. :(

I'm actually on my first round of Fallout 3. I can't believe I never played it! Even with the super dated graphics and whatnot, I am 100% addicted. I'm playing on my husband's computer at the moment (again, burglary, my laptop stolen, booty hooty hoo but husband building me new desktop, yayty yayty yay!) so I can't devote all my free time to it as I so wish I could. In this current game, I'm a total good guy, as is my usual. When my computer is up and running, I will probably start a new game and play a bad buy but it's going to be soooo hard for me. I feel guilty about being mean to a bunch of pixels on my computer screen but not to real people. Is that weird?

ETA: Of course, I won't actually FINISH any of the games on these characters because that's just not my way. I will get to a part that I consider hard and/or boring and then wander off. I'm hoping that the wandering off will coincide with the release of Fallout 4. Then that will give me a new game to explore every nook and cranny of until I get about 75% done and then say Fuck It, NEXT!

ETA 2: Oh hey, check me out, I'm a pearl clutcher now! All for some stupid kakka posts in the Joshley Madison thread and gamer talk. Go me.

I've never been much of a PC gamer, but I love my PS3 (one day I'll get a PS4) and my 3DS. Right now I'm in the middle of a couple of games - the Final Fantasy X HD remaster on the PS3, and going inbetween Persona Q, Bravely Default, and Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker on the 3DS. I figure that will all change when Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer comes out at the end of the month. :lol:

I've never been much of a PC gamer, but I love my PS3 (one day I'll get a PS4) and my 3DS. Right now I'm in the middle of a couple of games - the Final Fantasy X HD remaster on the PS3, and going inbetween Persona Q, Bravely Default, and Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker on the 3DS. I figure that will all change when Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer comes out at the end of the month. :lol:

I recently played FFX HD remaster on our old PS3 too! Of course, I didn't finish either game (X or X-2) but got near the end with both. Still super fun games.

I'm a big gamer! I tend to PC game the most because affording consoles can be tough for me, but I did treat myself to a Nintendo 3DS XL and it's awesome. I love that I can play video games in bed or during long waits out and about. Animal Crossing is such a cute and uplifting game to play, and Tomodachi Life is hilarious. I have Persona Q but haven't started it yet- too many other games to play!

PC-wise I own a bunch of stuff on Steam. Love Skyrim but have not been able to get back into it since there was some glitch with the mods on Steam and I lost my games and foolishly did not have them properly backed up. Lesson learned! :geek:

OMG, we're building my new computer this weekend! I dunno if I'm going to start a new Fallout 3 game (I'd been playing it on my husband's computer) or if I will get one of the Sims versions to do the Duggar legacy thing... that thread has been literally cracking my shit up.

Y'all, please send your prayers and light to my husband's hands who is doing God's work on my new computer. Rise, new computer, RIIIISE!

I'm a big gamer! I tend to PC game the most because affording consoles can be tough for me, but I did treat myself to a Nintendo 3DS XL and it's awesome. I love that I can play video games in bed or during long waits out and about. Animal Crossing is such a cute and uplifting game to play, and Tomodachi Life is hilarious. I have Persona Q but haven't started it yet- too many other games to play!

PC-wise I own a bunch of stuff on Steam. Love Skyrim but have not been able to get back into it since there was some glitch with the mods on Steam and I lost my games and foolishly did not have them properly backed up. Lesson learned! :geek:

similar thing happened to me on ps3. corrupted save file wiped out two saves, one of them my very first character who i'd worked hard to get to level 26. i was extremely sad.

I'm shamelessly reposting this over here from the Fallout 4 thread:

61 DAYS Y'ALL. I'm not, like, a mathmatist, or a calendarologist or whatever the fuck so I use this site: http://days.to/10-november/2015 to help me keep track. Because this shit is IMPORTANT.

My husband is mildly pissed that he went all nuts building me a new computer with a liquid cooled whatever and a zillion gigabyte what'sit and the first thing I'm playing on it? Fallout 3. From 2008.

I'm shamelessly reposting this over here from the Fallout 4 thread:

61 DAYS Y'ALL. I'm not, like, a mathmatist, or a calendarologist or whatever the fuck so I use this site: http://days.to/10-november/2015 to help me keep track. Because this shit is IMPORTANT.

My husband is mildly pissed that he went all nuts building me a new computer with a liquid cooled whatever and a zillion gigabyte what'sit and the first thing I'm playing on it? Fallout 3. From 2008.

I've never played any of the Fallout games but picked up 3 and NV last Steam sale and will try them out soon!

I loved Diablo I, II but never played III. Loved Neverwinter Nights, and Baldur's Gate, Skyrim, Oblivion etc.

I can't play 1st person shooter types because I play for about 5 minutes, then feel violently ill. Every time. I think it must be a kind of motion sickness, but am not sure.

We all, hubby, kids and I, played Freelancer for ages years ago. Then every so often we drag it out again. That was kind of cool, being in space and all, though I have NO sense of direction, and was forever getting lost on my way somewhere.

And I have loved all the Sims incarnations. I currently have Sims 4, and don't really see why people don't like it. It's so pretty! All the Sims games had fewer things when they were first released, so why everyone jumped up and down when this one came out missing things, I don't know. I mean the toddlers and pools was kind of big, but other than that, it was pretty much like Sims 3 when it came out. there are always a million expansion packs, that's just how Maxis/EA roll.

EDIT: to add a bit.

The problem with the new sims is that ea is using really manipulative sales techniques to make more sales. And it only runs on new, top of the line machines.

I can play TS4 just fine on my very old pc.

Don't ask me anything technical about it though; I just know the thing is old and makes A LOT of noise when it's on ;)

I can't play 1st person shooter types because I play for about 5 minutes, then feel violently ill. Every time. I think it must be a kind of motion sickness, but am not sure.

[/quote

That's simulator sickness, the bane of many a gamer.

I loved Diablo I, II but never played III. Loved Neverwinter Nights, and Baldur's Gate, Skyrim, Oblivion etc.

We all, hubby, kids and I, played Freelancer for ages years ago. Then every so often we drag it out again. That was kind of cool, being in space and all, though I have NO sense of direction, and was forever getting lost on my way somewhere.

And I have loved all the Sims incarnations. I currently have Sims 4, and don't really see why people don't like it. It's so pretty! All the Sims games had fewer things when they were first released, so why everyone jumped up and down when this one came out missing things, I don't know. I mean the toddlers and pools was kind of big, but other than that, it was pretty much like Sims 3 when it came out. there are always a million expansion packs, that's just how Maxis/EA roll.

EDIT: to add a bit.

For me the big things that keeping me from getting sims 4 are (in order of importance): #1 money. #2 no toddlers. #3 building opportunities are very limited. Not only are the worlds tiny with almost no lots, the building tools are severely lacking. I understand that it makes it a lot easier for people who didn't like building but for those of us liked it the lack of freedom is really disappointing. #5 No open world. (plus all those fake ugly backdrops). #6 No CAST.

Of course these are personal preferences. I certainly don't look down on anyone who likes it. And I do like the aesthetic better than sims 3. I'll probably get it eventually when it's a little cheaper and there are more expansions.

I can play TS4 just fine on my very old pc.

Don't ask me anything technical about it though; I just know the thing is old and makes A LOT of noise when it's on ;)

I can't even get TS3 to run for very long on my PC. And it's fairly new.

Mostly though it's the crap sales of EA. I liked sims and sims 2, before the whole "BUY MORE STUFF FROM US NOW" started to be completely apparent. I just want to buy a game and play it. I don't want to be connected to the internet - it's a one person game. I don't want to pay for mods that used to be done for free from the internet community that supported this game. It's just so sad what happened to it.

I can't even get TS3 to run for very long on my PC. And it's fairly new.

*trimmed quote*

That's annoying.

I have both sims 2 complete and sims 4 on the same old pc and I can play both for hours. Settings low and if I have too large a family it gets laggy but I don't mind that.

I agree with you on the marketing part.

I've played WoW since vanilla, tho I'm on an off period right now. I love that I can cancel it, then start it up again and lose nothing! It's just the best game ever, I have tried so many others and compare them all to WoW and hate them. lol

I am loving Sims 3 right now though. I had it ages ago, then got a new computer and never reinstalled it. Found the log in info recently and installed and I'm having a lot of fun.

My first real computer game was the King's Quest series, so I got the new KQ game for the Xbox and I'm playing that infrequently. Mainly I just love it for the nostalgia.

I'm trying out Final Fantasy XIV right now, which is an MMO. It's gorgeous but I dunno. We'll see.

(Quote clipped for length!)

I love little games like The Cave, Thomas was Alone, Papers Please, and Limbo.

I also love big ass games like The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls (and Heavy Rain, for that matter) and my all time favorite game forever is Shadow of the Colossus. Right now I'm playing the Walking Dead game by Telltale games, because I haven't had a lot of time to give to it so I'm way behind. I'm also currently replaying Brothers, which is fucking gorgeous. Please someone talk about games with me!

I lovelovelove Papers Please! I've even used it in some university-based teaching settings about privilege and power after a class discussion about immigration took a very bad turn.

Have you played Gone Home yet? I say yet because if you enjoy games like Heavy Rain, et al., you'll love it! Also, a lesser known but great little gem I'd suggest is Botanicula. It's on Steam, but I saw just yesterday that they've ported it to Android on Google Play, along with Machinarium.

I'm a late-bloomer gamer who had lots of prejudices about games (read: major book nerd growing up!). But, my husband, a video game programmer, showed me loads of examples of games that go so far beyond my narrow perspective that all video games = FPS.

Major Steam addict! I love story-based games (again, book nerd!) like Gone Home, and experience/immersive games like Shelter. And cute games. I'm a total sucker for cute games! Ibbandobb and Cosmochoria, which is all about restoring planets in outer space to make them cute and pretty and defending them from dragons.

I'm really enjoying Kentucky Route Zero, very text-based game with slim, retro art. Oh! Almost forgot Long Live the Queen, which I got in the Valentine's Day sale, and played a near-embarrassing number of times.

If you enjoy retro-style games, I highly recommend the free to play You Have to Win the Game.

And, to my great surprise, my favorite game ever is Guacamelee, a luchador(a) beat 'em up style game with an excellent soundtrack. (There go those prejudices about games like Mortal Kombat!)

Archived