IGNORED

"Lady" Lydia's designer "line" of clothing - MERGE

Anny Nym

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lady Lydia is really, really proud of her dollar tree ornaments. Super proud that there are multiple ones in a pack for a dollar.

The tea that she has sat out just in case someone drops by makes me feel sad for her. I would not be surprised if her visitors are few and fair between and the ones that come do so because they pity her. Can you imagine going to her house and sitting around sipping her tea and eating sliced cheese all while she drones on like she is a wealthy Victorian lady?

I think Lady Lydia lost it years ago back when she was decorating old tree stumps as tables and having tea on them like a child would do.

She was claiming it was a real lunch with people Skyping in :?

I actually think from a distance her Christmas trees look nice.

If "Lady" Lydia didn't preach such dangerous and often racist crap I'd feel sorry for her. She must have been devastated by the fall of Doug.

She seems to live in a dream world of pretty pink. I think 90% of her entertaining is solely in her mind. She wanders round gluing one bit of Dollar Store crap to another bit of Dollar Store crap and sprinkling it with glitter to create Dollar Store tchotchkes. Then she plans a fantasy tea party, creates a kitchy tablescape, invites make-believe guests, and takes a picture for her blog. Her husband, should we call him "Lord" Sherman, probably eats the sliced cheese for dinner then wends his way through the clutter and flounces to sleep in a recliner in the garage. She wouldn't want something male and not-pink in the house. She often sounds so wacky that you'd suspect dementia -- but this has been going on for many years.

Whatever happened to Greek Chorus, Sweeping the Cobwebs and Homey Living? One of those sites did some research on what Lydia's life was really like. IIRC, it was rather grim. In total contrast to her claims of Christian self-sufficient debt-free perfection, she was estranged from her family in Australia, lived in a run-down house that belonged to the church, definitely worked at Hubby's MLM, and the daughter was quite troubled.

ETA: Found the old blog post on Lydia's real life vs. fantasy life. I've no idea how accurate it is.

https://homelivin.wordpress.com/2009/03 ... -preaches/

I got sucked into Lydia's daughter's blog. :shock:

Feeling the desire to run a newspaper office, and not just a newsletter, the Editor has hijacked the "royal we" for use on The Pleasant Times. Some of her staff are actual people, and some are not. Some of the articles are co-written with another real person, but under one pseudonym. Who is who and how many will forever be left to the readers to decide.

The Editor's wit is a unique composition. Her natural humor has been described as "wry and dry" by those who know her best. Throwing in a good dose of British television and some rather strange books, the Editor developed a sense of humor that is sometimes quite hard to understand. Readers have complained that they cannot tell what is serious and what is meant to be funny. The staff apologizes for any confusion; it simply cannot be helped.

thepleasanttimes.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

^^^^

I'm fairly sure we decided The Pleasant Times is a parody blog -- perhaps by her daughter. Hard to tell because it's rather too heavy-handed for good parody.

Here we are talking about lunch with Lydia, which inevitably makes me think of Teenage Jesus and the Jerks featuring…Lydia Lunch. I don't think Lady Lydia would be pleased.

IIRC She went to Australia last year to see her mother who was living in a tiny trailer (I guess they're called caravans there). Her mom had to be put into an assisted living home so all the kids were there to make sure it was ok. She took it upon herself to decorate said tiny trailer in Lydia fashion. Someone was kind enough to take her places near the ocean. She loved to take pictures of homes with fences in front.

She certainly seems older than 61. She wrote about preachers wives and the scrutiny they live under and how awful it can be if one thing is out of place when congregation members come to call. I wrote a comment about our pastor's wife who has an MS in Counseling and is an assistant vice principal for a large LAUSD middle school. And their daughter who's got her full credential and teaches science at another middle school. ( The daughter reminds me of a Maxwell girl, but she loves heavy metal and loud music).

:dance:

IIRC She went to Australia last year to see her mother who was living in a tiny trailer (I guess they're called caravans there). Her mom had to be put into an assisted living home so all the kids were there to make sure it was ok. She took it upon herself to decorate said tiny trailer in Lydia fashion. Someone was kind enough to take her places near the ocean. She loved to take pictures of homes with fences in front.

She certainly seems older than 61. She wrote about preachers wives and the scrutiny they live under and how awful it can be if one thing is out of place when congregation members come to call. I wrote a comment about our pastor's wife who has an MS in Counseling and is an assistant vice principal for a large LAUSD middle school. And their daughter who's got her full credential and teaches science at another middle school. ( The daughter reminds me of a Maxwell girl, but she loves heavy metal and loud music).

:dance:

I was wondering where Lydia was getting such articulate comments!

My mouth drops every time I look at Penny's blog. I just can't imagine even trying to keep that house clean. Dusting must be a multi-day task!

My mouth drops every time I look at Penny's blog. I just can't imagine even trying to keep that house clean. Dusting must be a multi-day task!

That coffee filter wreath looks dirty. Is this woman a crazy Christian like our lady of the dollar store lace?

That wreath look filthy but it appears that that was the look she was going for. :? I'm guessing H is her husband. He finally put his foot down and refused to let her paint the chairs. I cannot imagine living in a house like that. When does she have time to blog? She has to spend a good portion of her day just on cleaning all the stuff.

That wreath look filthy but it appears that that was the look she was going for. :? I'm guessing H is her husband. He finally put his foot down and refused to let her paint the chairs. I cannot imagine living in a house like that. When does she have time to blog? She has to spend a good portion of her day just on cleaning all the stuff.

Penny's house makes my asthma act up.

Excuse me, say what? A BOOK GARLAND??? She TORE UP BOOKS to make an ugly dustcatcher for her mantle?

:pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair:

I am a feminine girly-girl at heart. I love pink. I enjoy looking at SOME Shabby Chic/cottage interiors. And yet, that woman's home makes me want to hurl. It is nine kinds of hideous and she should be stopped. :cray-cray:

OMG so the other blog posted here.......

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.c ... .html#more

Did you know that the stable was lit by a "chandy?" :? Seriously, this lady is off the rails.

that lsd in the '60's was unkind. (i'm joking, but honestly what would make someone think this is beautiful? And someone created that? And sold it to more than one person i assume? wow) :lol:

post-10046-14451999778281_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Lady Lydia's mother has died. :cry:

In other news Lady Lydia takes the time to teach us how to wash dishes complete with pictures. First you have to take the dishes from the table to the sink! Who would have thought?! I think she truly must be bored out of her mind.

Poor Lady Lydia.

Oh, and here is a STFU FJ comment if I ever saw one!

I have been thinking back over the things that homemakers have dealt with online and have overcome. When networks of Titus 2 blogs began, naysayers who did not believe the message was valid in modern times tried to intimidate the homemakers and get them to quit writing and remove their blogs. Christian ladies have received threats, hate sites, online gossip, mocking and slander, but still keep on reaching out with their generous online hospitality and encouragement. Some of us have been publishing online for 15 years.

LULZ.

Yeah, that's why Jesus came to Earth. So he could have figures made of him, coated in paint and sparkles, and displayed in the room where you snore.

Oh, wait. Wasn't that Baal?

Penny's style is similar to my grandma's, but my grandma is obviously not that intense. It's great inspiration for getting rid of clutter at my house, though, so there's that.

Archived