IGNORED

"Lady" Lydia's designer "line" of clothing - MERGE

Anny Nym

I needed the lolz this thread provided, thanks :lol:

She does sound lonely though and that makes me feel bad for her. Does she only have one grandchild? Does she ever mention doing things with her husband?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I needed the lolz this thread provided, thanks :lol:

She does sound lonely though and that makes me feel bad for her. Does she only have one grandchild? Does she ever mention doing things with her husband?

She would, but...(take your pick)

A. He can't find her to take her to dinner.

B. He's allergic to potpourri and can't come within 5 miles of the house.

C. The flowered decorations blind him, and Marco Polo isn't successful because he keeps running into the dress chairs instead of her.

D. He's as fascinated as us by the decor and can't take his eyes off the 8th wonder of the world that is the dining room. :think:

IMAG0631-001.JPG

It's like something from a Stephen King novel.

And Lady Lydia just got tons of new decorating ideas!

:clap:

Thoughtful, that was brilliant! Norwegian Wood is also one of my favorite Beatles songs, so from now on whenever I hear it I'm just going to imagine the Dining Room of Horrors.

Seriously, it is the Dining Room of Horrors. It looks like 6 dead brides are sitting at some kind of altar to Ba'al.

She would, but...(take your pick)

A. He can't find her to take her to dinner.

B. He's allergic to potpourri and can't come within 5 miles of the house.

C. The flowered decorations blind him, and Marco Polo isn't successful because he keeps running into the dress chairs instead of her.

D. He's as fascinated as us by the decor and can't take his eyes off the 8th wonder of the world that is the dining room. :think:

:lol:

If you dig deep enough, you'll find Miss Havisham!

I keep expecting to hear an old-lady voice from the corner saying, "Play! Play!"

I'm actually impressed that the furniture in that dining room is still the color of the finished wood, since one of her obsessions seems to be to paint furniture white.

DISCLAIMER: this is not, I repeat, not meant to snark on anyone's life choices as long as they're not spewing them all over the interwebs knowing they have all the answers.

Hey, lady Lydia! So, you want to stay home? Have you considered the following?

1. Are you independently wealthy?

2. Are you a home owner?

3. If yes,is your house paid for?

4. If it's not, do you know how much you're paying in yearly interest? Have you calculated how much you will save by adding even $100/month to your mortgage payment?

5. Do you have children or dependent family members who rely on you being there?

6. Are you healthy? If not, are you able to do anything at all within your limitations?

7. Do you have life, home and health insurance?

8. If you live in a country that had public medicine, do you have an add-on plan to cover dental, vision and prescription medication?

9. If your spouse is providing for you, is he immortal and guaranteed to never ever get sick, disabled or die?

10. If he's not, does he have really good insurance that can provide for you if he can't?

11. Do you live on a farm or spend a significant amount of time working for the family business? Working from home is working. Having your own business is working. Caring for children or disabled family members is working. Volunteering is working.

Oh, Aunt Cloud -- don't you know that things like survival and fiscal responsibility pale in comparison to whether or not there is a centerpiece (or centipede) on the table?

DISCLAIMER: this is not, I repeat, not meant to snark on anyone's life choices as long as they're not spewing them all over the interwebs knowing they have all the answers.

Hey, lady Lydia! So, you want to stay home? Have you considered the following?

1. Are you independently wealthy?

2. Are you a home owner?

3. If yes,is your house paid for?

4. If it's not, do you know how much you're paying in yearly interest? Have you calculated how much you will save by adding even $100/month to your mortgage payment?

5. Do you have children or dependent family members who rely on you being there?

6. Are you healthy? If not, are you able to do anything at all within your limitations?

7. Do you have life, home and health insurance?

8. If you live in a country that had public medicine, do you have an add-on plan to cover dental, vision and prescription medication?

9. If your spouse is providing for you, is he immortal and guaranteed to never ever get sick, disabled or die?

10. If he's not, does he have really good insurance that can provide for you if he can't?

11. Do you live on a farm or spend a significant amount of time working for the family business? Working from home is working. Having your own business is working. Caring for children or disabled family members is working. Volunteering is working.

Since I'm a non-independently wealthy at-home mom, my husband and I figured out how much life insurance he'd need to support me and the kids if he died tomorrow. We figured 10% over his salary now to start, plus 5% annual increase for 20 years. plus factored in other expenses. The life insurance isn't cheap, but it's cheaper than what would happen if he died suddenly. We figure 20 years should be more than enough time for me to get back into the workforce and make enough to support myself when the kids are grown and gone.

IMAG0631-001.JPG

I'm just so curious how this works, as I've never seen a dining room table with a dust ruffle. Do you take it off to eat? I can't imagine trying to suck down a bowl of soup while being worried I was going to spill it all over that monstrosity.

IMAG0631-001.JPG

What the...??? Is this REAL?

I used to read her years ago, but I don't remember her being this over-the-top. Holy ruffles, Batman!

And I'm still trying to figure out the chairs... um, are those DRESSES??!!

I'm just so curious how this works, as I've never seen a dining room table with a dust ruffle. Do you take it off to eat? I can't imagine trying to suck down a bowl of soup while being worried I was going to spill it all over that monstrosity.

I think she had pictures of their regular dining area (which was much more simple) and that one was a "formal" dining room so not used all the time.

That said, this room is all kinds of creepy. Looks like Miss Havisham-meets-Bluebeard (young brides being collected by a cuckoo old lady, I dunno).

Another thought...when I went through the Bed Bug Nightmare a few years ago, we were told to get rid of dust ruffles on our bed as they were "bedbug ladders." I would never wish anything like bedbugs upon anyone (and besides the overdecorating obsession, Penny seems like a nice enough person) but I could only imagine what a nightmare it would be to clean EVERYTHING in that house.

What the hell is that?! :o

I just showed this to Mr. R and M. His reaction? Well, SOMEONE sure got carried away! :lol:

I can't even with this. It's like she decided her dining room set needed dresses!

Somebody get this woman a job or volunteer activity, STAT!

Oh, Aunt Cloud -- don't you know that things like survival and fiscal responsibility pale in comparison to whether or not there is a centerpiece (or centipede) on the table?

My dearest thoughtful, please google "rotten eggs and centipede centrepiece" - surprisingly, it is on the Martha Stewart website, and she has centrepieces nailed down but also a nice chunk of $$ which she made *whisper* working - so I guess it can be done. Can't link it for some reason.

My dearest thoughtful, please google "rotten eggs and centipede centrepiece" - surprisingly, it is on the Martha Stewart website, and she has centrepieces nailed down but also a nice chunk of $$ which she made *whisper* working - so I guess it can be done. Can't link it for some reason.

:shock: :lol:

That's a riot -- from a Halloween post, I assume (I hope!)?

What the...??? Is this REAL?

I used to read her years ago, but I don't remember her being this over-the-top. Holy ruffles, Batman!

And I'm still trying to figure out the chairs... um, are those DRESSES??!!

OMG. A whole bevy of brides just got raptured!

I think those are white and pink rufflicious quilts layered on the table. You too can get this look and, squee, they are marked down for Veteran's Day. :lol:

pbteen.com/products/rufflicious-quilt-sham-white/?cm_src=AutoCSLPIP

OMG. A whole bevy of brides just got raptured!

:lol:

Wait -- a bunch of brides were all in one place, and got raptured?

4GC71Ka.jpg

Oh, no one actually eats at that table. I can't see how that would even be possible. They all eat in the kitchen, or balance their plates on their laps in the living room.

I wouldn't eat there simply because I'm too scared the alien pink pumpkin or one of the dead wedding dresses will up and eat ME.

Does your house smell nice?

I'm a SAHM, but if my husband ever asks me to get a job I'm totally pulling this out as my excuse. "I can't get a job!!!! This place smells like people live here!!!"

I don't have a centipede on my table, but I found a scorpion in my living room last week- does that count?

I honestly got a little light headed when I read this. I'm not squeamish about spiders and bugs, but roaches and anything bigger, nevermind a SCORPION, flip me out.

• 4 weeks later...
IMAG0631-001.JPG

Please tell me this is not actually in someone's house. Please. I cannot believe that some would think that is visually pleasing and a good idea to have near food.

Besides being butt ugly (sorry, Lydia) is just looks messy. Like someone wears weird clothing and forgot to get their laundry off the table or something.

Archived