IGNORED

"Lady" Lydia's designer "line" of clothing - MERGE

Anny Nym

I would love to know what her husband thinks. Does he enjoy living in a pink nightmare? Does he roll his eyes when LL goes over her accomplishments of the day - such as rearranging the spice rack, hanging curtains in the garden and making gawdawful dresses? Has he just given up on life?

I picture him as being like Ed Hurley from Twin Peaks.

(edited a few times to get the dimensions of the video right)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to bother doing the quiz because the answer to almost everything is negative. My fridge doesn't have anything gross in it, my bathroom smells fine, my pantry is organised, I hang clothes on the line... but that's really about it. I have too many animals to ever have a really clean home and depression and chronic pain means I clean when I can, not when I ought to. Keeping my animals fed, cleaned and watered is my top priority. Oh, and wtf with one book per year? Even not counting my uni books I read dozens and I can't imagine aspiring to only read one.

Maybe she's just a really poor reader?

I've found a BFF for our Lady of the Pink Crapola!

Haven't dug in for evidence of fundie-ness or agenda re: women's role in the world, but feast your eyes on the décor! (the dining room, tell me what you think about the Thanksgiving-themed dining room!)

http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.c ... -tour.html

Disclaimer: you have been warned. Enter at your own risk.

Haven't dug in for evidence of fundie-ness or agenda re: women's role in the world, but feast your eyes on the décor! (the dining room, tell me what you think about the Thanksgiving-themed dining room!)

Sorry, didn´t make it to the dining room yet. Mr. Nym and me are still not finished staring unisono at the front view photo.. :pink-shock: :wtf:

Ist that .. a rug of artifical turf in front?! And columns, that support nothing? Is this a real house...?

Edited: Got to the dining room. OMG, CALL THE FBI! There are probably 6 embalmed corpses under that "tablecloth". Most likely the former owners of the wedding dresses, she covered the chairs with!

Thank you for the rabbit hole! I think I might have a contender for pink-est house ever- how do these people actually *live* in these houses? Anyway, eat your heart out, Lydia. You will never achieve this level of insanity.

sweeteyecandycreations.typepad.com/sweet_eyecandy_creations/2009/12/my-christmas-home.html

I can just picture the local merchants, when she arrives:

ZhJrjvg.jpg

8NmL6Kcl.jpg

:pink-shock: That table. :shock: I'm simply stunned. I'm assuming they didn't serve Thanksgiving on that table because it looks fairly impossible to sit at, let alone eat a meal there.

The wedding dress tree. :?

A good part of the week must be taken up with just dusting all that stuff.

wow. is that a pink pumpkin?

my first thought was Lady Lydia won the lottery! :lol:

what's up with the bazillion blog links at the end? Are those her pingbacks? :shock:

Are those wedding dresses on the chairs? :shock:

My husband would be dragging me to the doctor to have my mental health assessed if he came home to a house like this.

That's a mix of "not my taste" and shock. The doing room table!!! How do you eat on it? How do you keep all that fabric clean and not dusty? Constant laundry and ironing?

More power to her, but I couldn't live like that.

How could anyone eat on that table, with the tablecloth that looks like it is made of wedding dresses? It would be a nightmare to clean up after! Also it doesn't look like you could get a glass to stand upright on it-tables are supposed to be flat, and that material makes it all bumpy. Im curious to know, does she eat off this thing?

Penny really isn't into Scandinavian aesthetics is she? :pink-shock:

lol exactly. What would that even be called? It wasn't anywhere near that bad in the original Victorian era. Fabric fixation? :lol:

And she looks pretty normal in her profile pic. It's like those episodes of Hoarders where the people look completely sane and live in horrible conditions.

Penny really isn't into Scandinavian aesthetics is she? :pink-shock:

I once met a girl, or should I say, a lady fair.

She showed me her room, and oh, what thrills – 4000 frills!

She asked me to stay and she told me to sit anywhere

But I couldn’t sit, there was way too much tulle on the chair.

I sat on the rug, trying to think, ’midst all the pink.

I went to the loo, and I was faint – the smell of paint!

She told me she needed more glitter and started to laugh

For fear she was crazy, I didn’t say “Your house is naff!â€

She picked up some glue, old ecru lace, came towards my face.

So I lit on out, ran for the hills, from all the frills!

[bBvideo 560,340:20vql2mk]

[/bBvideo]

I'll italicize my answers after Peas's.

I found this old post on Lady Lydia's blog...I'm sure it's probably been snarked over here before, but this had me lol'ing and worth bringing up again. This is LL's list of 30 things ladies need to think about before working outside the home. They are all super important folks!

1. Do you have a morning routine in the house? Drink coffee, work out, shower, go to work!Yes.

2. Are your dishes washed and put away? - Likely not. My husband is the primary dishwasher in the HH, so he'll do them before he goes to work.No. I'm sick right now.

3. Is your cabinet top clear? Eh? What is that? My counter - um, like appliances or just stuff? Either way, likely not.Aside from my nightstand right now, every surface in my home is clean. The dishes are in the sink while hubs tends to the kids.

4. Is your table clear, when not dining, and do you have a centepiece? - Hell no. My dining room table is where my mail and books collect! Centerpiece...the giant f'ing bowl in the center of the table that holds papers and loose change? Yes, I suppose then.Yes. And my centerpiece has candles.

5. Have you cleaned your cupboards and storage areas and fridge in the last 3 months? Cleaned the fridge last week...cupboards, umm perhaps a year ago?I did this this past Sunday.

6. Is your porch clean and the entry way cheerful for visitors or people who see it from the road? I have no porch, so I have no cheerful entry portal for visitors. Suck it guests!We have a small apartment porch, and it's pretty right now, within the parameters set by the complex management. Not as many flowers as I want.

7. Are your carpets clean? Hard wood!Cleaned AND freshly steam cleaned.

8. Is your floor clean? Well, if you mean no large chucks or dust bunnies...it's probably a 4 out of 5 stars.Yes. And steam cleaned. And the kitchen and bathroom floors were cleaned with Pinesol yesterday.

9. Is your living room ready for company? WTH does this mean?Sure. Company can come over. If anyone has a problem with a some kids' toys on the floor they can get the hell out.

10. Is your laundry washed, folded, ironed and put away? (Keep in mind, I am not saying you have to do this. I am only listing it in case you think you have time to bring in another income!) LOLOL. As long as it's clean I'm not bothered!Mostly. If I wasn't sick, give me an hour.

11. Is your mending and button replacement caught up? Who is losing that many buttons?Aside from a single fallen hem I meant to do today.

12. Do you bake bread? (Once again, no one HAS to do it, but if a woman is bored, maybe she should bake her bread. It takes more time. It smells wonderful. It has far greater effects than can be listed here, both emotionally and physically or even involving childhood memory) Ok serious LULZ. :lol: I love how she's really stretching here.Yes. It also doesn't take more time. Toss crap in the stand mixer and let it knead, let it rise while I'm doing other stuff. Doesn't take a lot of time. She's really grasping to fill her time here.

13. Is your bathroom shining clean and does it smell nice? Smelling "nice"? I imagine LL buys poo-pouri by the truckload Yes.

14. Does your house smell nice? - Well it doesn't smell bad at least! Like apple-cinnamon.

15. Have you re-decorated or re-arranged in the last 3 years? (You need not do it, but if you think you need to go to work or take on extra work earning money at home, why not put the time into re-beautifying your house?) How freaking long would this take at most...a couple weeks? Why don't you get a job so you could have the extra ca$h to spend on redecorating! We moved here a year ago. Does that count?

16. Are your beds made? Are your sheets and bedding fresh? I haven't made my bed since I moved out of my mom's house. That is over 15 years ago! Kids' beds, yes. Mine, no. I'm laying in it hoping I don't need to go make a mess in the bathroom with my stomach contents. #13 might get a negative then.

17. Do you hang your clothes on the line? (You needn't, but it takes more time, and is good for your health and it actually increases the life of your sheets and clothes, as opposed to the dryer) - On delicates I'll put on drying racks, but no clothes lines... Not everyone has a yard for a clothing line. I do hand-wash a lot of things though, and hang some stuff in the shower.

18. Do you grow a garden, or even a tomato in a pot? - Nope, once again apartment living Not in this weather. In spring, we have a garden on the balcony.

19. Are your drawers and storage areas organized? It's not a disaster at least Frighteningly so.

20. Are your photos organized? - WTF? Yes.

21. Are your computer files organized? - WTF?? Yes.

22. Is your correspondence caught up? - WTF??? Yes.

23. Do you make any of your own clothes? -Trade off...I work so I have cash to buy clothes Yes.

24. Does your husband ever have to ask for an ironed shirt? - I don't think my husband even knows what one is. No. He's a big boy and irons his own shirts.

25. ARe your books organized? - IT's a bookshelf, not a library What Peas said.

26. Do you go through your things regularly for garage sales? - How much crap does she own? Again, what Peas said.

27. Are your windows clean? - I can see out of them at least On the inside. I've got a high-level apartment and can't do the outsides.

28. Do you cook regular meals from basic ingredients? Trade off again Almost always. Right now I have a chocolate bread putting setting before going in the oven in the morning. Bonus: I made the bread.

29. Have you had anyone over for tea in the last month? Da fuq? :? I've had people over for games and a cold one, does that count? I guess I lose a oint. I only had a few guests over for dinner, desert, fresh popcorn not from a bag, and a movie.

30. Do you read at least one good book or learn something new within the year, or learned any new skill? A positive of riding public transit to work daily - I have plenty of time to read. But it's pretty sad if you are working towards learning 1 new thing in a year. I read at least a good book a month, and learn a lot more than a single thing in a year.

I still have several hours a day on my hands. I'm also home-preschooling the kids, who are meeting 1st and 2nd grade milestones. She's right, no time for a job or anything for myself. Nope.

Also living in a flat/apartment doesn't stop you from growing your own - herbs in pots on the windowsill are easy to grow, and if you have a balcony you can grow strawberries, cherry tomatoes, even zucchini/courgettes - all sorts of things.

The last apartment complex we lived in didn't have balconies, or porches where we could have more than 1 potted plant and a doormat, and forbade anything on the windowsills. Since you need sunlight for herbs to grow, this either meant getting a lower table to keep further inside, or hoping you had enough heads up from a manager walking around the complex. So I suppose we could have grown herbs, if we were willing to risk getting a notice to clear off the windowsills, or to dedicate some of our very little space to tables further inside the windows. So not really.

LOLOL sorry folks but I just had to do it, too

Lady Lydia at the Home Living blog homeliving.blogspot.com/2007/09/taking-time-to-reflect.html has a to-do list women should follow before deciding to seek employment outside of the home. Here it is:

1. Do you have a morning routine in the house? Sure. I wake up, drink coffee, shower, have breakfast, get about my day...

2. Are your dishes washed and put away? LOL nope. And no dishwasher here, so they are soaking in a dish pail by my sink. Judge away!

3. Is your cabinet top clear? You mean my counter tops? Sure. Well, they are clear where they aren't covered in kitchen appliances or drying dishes.

4. Is your table clear, when not dining, and do you have a centepiece? So, I have a table, but I rarely use it. Currently the centerpiece is an empty, reusable grocery bag.

5. Have you cleaned your cupboards and storage areas and fridge in the last 3 months?I moved into this apartment less than three months ago, so yep!

6. Is your porch clean and the entry way cheerful for visitors or people who see it from the road? My apartment has no porch and roadside visitors are not welcome here.

7. Are your carpets clean?Yes, because I don't have them! WIN

8. Is your floor clean?Needs to be mopped. But I have swept and vacuumed recently.

9. Is your living room ready for company?Being that I live in by studio apartment, I do not have a living room. My whole apartment is covered in piles of clean clothes. My mother weeps.

10. Is your laundry washed, folded, ironed and put away? (Keep in mind, I am not saying you have to do this. I am only listing it in case you think you have time to bring in another income!) See 9

11. Is your mending and button replacement caught up? Nope. There are no buttons on any of my Feminist Clothing

12. Do you bake bread? (Once again, no one HAS to do it, but if a woman is bored, maybe she should bake her bread. It takes more time. It smells wonderful. It has far greater effects than can be listed here, both emotionally and physically or even involving childhood memory) I don't eat bread. Next!

13. Is your bathroom shining clean and does it smell nice? Not sure it's actually supposed to shine. Smells like Dial soap and baby powder.

14. Does your house smell nice? Currently smells like chocolate, so YES

15. Have you re-decorated or re-arranged in the last 3 years? (You need not do it, but if you think you need to go to work or take on extra work earning money at home, why not put the time into re-beautifying your house?) I really want to be crass and answer, "Bitch I might be!" But instead I'll say that, living here less than three months, I certainly am still in the re-arranging process.

16. Are your beds made? Are your sheets and bedding fresh? Yep.

17. Do you hang your clothes on the line? (You needn't, but it takes more time, and is good for your health and it actually increases the life of your sheets and clothes, as opposed to the dryer) Actually I prefer to hand dry each item of clothing by waving it with a lace fan.

18. Do you grow a garden, or even a tomato in a pot? I have a plot in the community garden. Cabbages!

19. Are your drawers and storage areas organized? Negatory

20. Are your photos organized? I have none.

21. Are your computer files organized? Really? I feel like they organize themselves...

22. Is your correspondence caught up? You mean, have I gone through my inbox? Sure.

23. Do you make any of your own clothes? I have tried that, it's really not one of my gifts.

24. Does your husband ever have to ask for an ironed shirt? Being a lesbian, I don't have a husband to iron shirts for.

25. ARe your books organized? Getting them on the shelf was a win for me.

26. Do you go through your things regularly for garage sales? I have moved every year for the past 7 years, so my stuff has been culled through many times.

27. Are your windows clean? They don't get dirty? My mirrors are clean though.

28. Do you cook regular meals from basic ingredients? My ingredients are both basic and acidic.

29. Have you had anyone over for tea in the last month? No, but I went out and got drunk with the girls a few nights ago. Not the same?

30. Do you read at least one good book or learn something new within the year, or learned any new skill? Being a graduate student, I am constantly learning! And reading.

I failed! I need to be a stay at home wife! Who wants to help Rev. Ladypants find Mrs Right?!

You dry your clothes with a lace fan? Marry me. I'm sure my Mr. won't mind.

Oh. My. God. Well, that's a...creative...use for old wedding dresses. Chair covers? Oh god no.

IMAG0631-001.JPG

I also added a cabinet to store all the doilies in.

Wow. And the comments, after that wall of links, is nothing but praise for that nightmare.

Thank you for the rabbit hole! I think I might have a contender for pink-est house ever- how do these people actually *live* in these houses? Anyway, eat your heart out, Lydia. You will never achieve this level of insanity.

sweeteyecandycreations.typepad.com/sweet_eyecandy_creations/2009/12/my-christmas-home.html

I couldn't get through that Christmas nightmare. I stopped at that goddamned Elf on a Shelf.

Oh my God, this house !

I'm a neat freak so I can't imagine living in such a cluttered "decor" :shock:

And the maintenance, she must have staff to keep everything clean, it must collect dust all the time !

I love vintage linen, but her use of old wedding dresses :roll:

Archived