IGNORED

What would happen if Michelle died during pregnancy?

ProfessorLongbottom

Hey guys, I'm new here! I've spent the last few days reading this forum. After discovering 19kac and thinking something was off... I googled. :o

Anyway, I was wondering, what do you guys think would happen if (god forbid, I would never wish it upon "her children") Michelle died during this pregnancy? Would Jim Boob just marry another fundi willing to continue to pop out kid after kid? Would the kids finally flee the Duggar and fundi cults?!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But Michelle isn't pregnant. as far as I know. her daughter Jill is pregnant though.

Sorry! I meant to say if she becomes pregnant again. It's been a loooong day and my brain is not functioning. :roll:

That was my thought, too... I didn't think she was pregnant. I think if she was my alerts would have exploded with that news :lol:

I do wonder about this occasionally, though. Or what if one of her daughters had complications from childbirth and died (since they're sure to use doulas and have homebirths which aren't inherently more dangerous but might delay treatment in the case of a serious problem), or even if there was just a random family tragedy like a car accident or an injury to a child that resulted in death (as Jason's fall into the orchestra pit could have, or Josie's preemie problems). I really don't know how the family would handle it. Honestly, I think if faced with a tragedy of that magnitude, they might take a long hiatus from being on camera. I hope they would, anyway. Because although the loss of Jubilee was devastating to Michelle and JimBob, I don't necessarily think it had the same impact on their children. And I also think the loss of an unborn child is the loss of the potential and the innate bond between parent and child, not at all colored by the child's personality or interests that could cause later triggering of grief when encountering something that might remind them of that child. And for the siblings, they don't interact with a child emotionally until it's born. That's not true of parents, who lead up to the birth with emotional involvement and planning. Maybe they were able to go through that miscarriage because the majority of the family still had it together. But if it was a sibling they knew, who they wholly loved, who was their best friend, who they had a thousand shared memories with, etc... I think they'd be totally gutted by it. A normal person would absolutely need time to recover from something like that so I hope the Duggars wouldn't be so committed to 'perfect' response and would just let the grief take its course.

It's an interesting thought. I can't decide if I think this would sent them farther into fundiedom or farther away..

I think Dim Bulb would remarry and have another 20 kids.

Sorry! I meant to say if she becomes pregnant again. It's been a loooong day and my brain is not functioning. :roll:

I honestly think Jim Bob loves Michelle and that if that happened he wouldn't marry again. or if he did it wouldn't be for a long while. and I think the younger kids probably would be raised by Jana. maybe Mrs. Query would step in to help.

I also think JB loves Michelle, and it's hard for me to imagine him remarrying or even entertaining the thought. But I still think the family will be in real emotional trouble when Michelle eventually dies or if there were an unexpected tragedy that took one of the parents or children from them. I don't think they have been equipped with the tools necessary to deal with that kind of emotional trauma.

I can't see him marrying again. I mean hell, who in the world WOULD marry him?

The 'old maid's of the fundie world... 25-year-old stay at home daughters. :? Wouldn't be a bad deal for him in terms of physical desirability, but he seems to be completely in love with Michelle. I hate this dude but I'd feel really bad for him if something like that happened, because I think he'd be emotionally crippled by it.

He could marry Ma Query. It would be all biblical and patriarchal since she DOES need a headship and he a helpmeet.

It would be frickin hilarious if he managed to snag himself a gorgeous young thing to saddle with constant pregnancy and an overwhelming hoard of kids.

I doubt Jim Bob would remarry, he would likely pay family friends/home church members to help with the kids/schooling/home. I think Jim Bob would focus his energy on politics.

My husband lived a real life example , his dad died when he was a teen and he mom married a man of the same faith whose wife had passed and they had one bigger then the Duggar size family. My mother in law had married at 18 and just didn't want to be alone & wanted a father figure for her kids so she married this man within 18 month of her husband death. He married because he just could not handle 9 kids, 7 girls on his own. They cared about each other, would not say madly in love, but they both were good parents to the others kids and they both loved the grandkids.

This same mother in law faced a much different fate in her youth. Her mom died in child birth, a home birth gone very wrong. The father could not handle the 9 kids and they were adopted out to different families.

I doubt Jim Bob would remarry, he would likely pay family friends/home church members to help with the kids/schooling/home. I think Jim Bob would focus his energy on politics.

My husband lived a real life example , his dad died when he was a teen and he mom married a man of the same faith whose wife had passed and they had one bigger then the Duggar size family. My mother in law had married at 18 and just didn't want to be alone & wanted a father figure for her kids so she married this man within 18 month of her husband death. He married because he just could not handle 9 kids, 7 girls on his own. They cared about each other, would not say madly in love, but they both were good parents to the others kids and they both loved the grandkids.

This same mother in law faced a much different fate in her youth. Her mom died in child birth, a home birth gone very wrong. The father could not handle the 9 kids and they were adopted out to different families.

I could see Jim Bob marrying a widow (like Mrs Query) for this reason.

I wonder what they'd do if there was a complication with a pregnancy (if Michelle has another one or one of the daughters) and they were told that unless they aborted, she would die and the fetus/baby wasn't viable yet.

And in terms of if there were an accident where a child died, part of me thinks that they would have a VSE episode on the funeral. They did that for Jim Bob's father's death and for Jubilee, so I think there would be a high chance of them doing that for a child. They might to a hiatus from regular episodes after, though.

JB could marry again. But what about giving pieces o f your heart away? He would have to get a young 20 something yo chick and have more babies. The same age as his daughters. That would be hard with 19 kids and finding a woman to court. I still don't think he will leave gothard.

I think all the kids might be affected by a death of their parent. But JB or michelle won't get them counseling to help. The oldest kids are going to be affected more than the younger kids since they have a closer relationship. If a sibling died everyone would be affected. Because They're So Close. I could see the Duggars milking it out on the show.

Do you really think Gothard is JB's fault? I always thought it was Michelle who was head over heels in love with the fundie thing to begin with. I think JB likes the power he has and his ability to be someone with in the religion but I get the feeling Michelle lead them there.

I wonder what Michelle would do if something, God forbid, happened to JB? Would she go back to work as a real estate agent? Would she rely on sons and sons in law to provide an income? I would think they would need to continue to invest in order to keep their lifestyle up.

I wonder what Michelle would do if something, God forbid, happened to JB? Would she go back to work as a real estate agent? Would she rely on sons and sons in law to provide an income? I would think they would need to continue to invest in order to keep their lifestyle up.

I think Michelle would write another book. to help with keeping the family afloat. but I also wouldn't be surprised if she handed the house over to one of the sons or married daughters but still continued to live there with the younger or unmarried kids.

I wonder what they'd do if there was a complication with a pregnancy (if Michelle has another one or one of the daughters) and they were told that unless they aborted, she would die and the fetus/baby wasn't viable yet.

And in terms of if there were an accident where a child died, part of me thinks that they would have a VSE episode on the funeral. They did that for Jim Bob's father's death and for Jubilee, so I think there would be a high chance of them doing that for a child. They might to a hiatus from regular episodes after, though.

There is no doubt in my mind that they would do an episode. They milked Jubilees death for all it was worth and poor grandpa was paraded around even before his death seemingly against his will.

Someone above said they wonder what would happen what Michelle would do if there was a situation where she had to abort a child that would never be able to survive. I think Michelle would just continue with the pregnancy, even if it meant her death. I don't think she could could live with being known as a woman who had an abortion.

There is no doubt in my mind that they would do an episode. They milked Jubilees death for all it was worth and poor grandpa was paraded around even before his death seemingly against his will.

Someone above said they wonder what would happen what Michelle would do if there was a situation where she had to abort a child that would never be able to survive. I think Michelle would just continue with the pregnancy, even if it meant her death. I don't think she could could live with being known as a woman who had an abortion.

The amount that they exploited Jim Bob's dad was/is sickening. Shots of him sleeping on his death bed, shots of him deteriorating and eventually incapable of taking care of his own basic needs, and then filming his funeral. The Duggars really have no shame.

I think Michelle would write another book. to help with keeping the family afloat. but I also wouldn't be surprised if she handed the house over to one of the sons or married daughters but still continued to live there with the younger or unmarried kids.

I think you're right! To me Michelle is the most extreme in her devotion to her faith. I can't see her ever giving it all up. If JB or one of her children died I think she would become all the more extreme. JB on the other hand, I'm not sure of. He obviously loves her a lot (as much as I can't stand him). I don't think he would deal with losing her. (IMO) The kids would mostly leave the fundi movement, if Michelle died during childbirth due to her faith.

He'd be upset, obviously. There has to be a level of at least fondness to stick around that long. Bible or no bible.

I'd imagine after a certain amount of grieving he'd 'pray on it' and get remarried.

I don't see him paying someone to watch the kids when he could have a built in maid.

Unless, god forbid, he just refused to allow one or more of the older girls to marry and they had to raise the younger ones.

I can't decide. On one hand, I think they'd turn her into a fundie martyr, and parade around talking about how she died for her beliefs. The older girls and assorted other fundie royalty would assist in helping out with the childcare. They'd stick to their beliefs as fervently as ever.

On the other hand, it is possible that things take a nasty direction and their lives fall apart as the kids realize that their family's lifestyle led to their mother's death. I can see some of them feeling guilty for being alive, because their mother's policy of "leaving the number of children up to God" not only led to their births, but her death.

I also think that both could happen. The first scenario would be a front to plug the exploding dam, ultimately leading to some of the kids saying "fuck it" and defecting.

I can't decide. On one hand, I think they'd turn her into a fundie martyr, and parade around talking about how she died for her beliefs. The older girls and assorted other fundie royalty would assist in helping out with the childcare. They'd stick to their beliefs as fervently as ever.

On the other hand, it is possible that things take a nasty direction and their lives fall apart as the kids realize that their family's lifestyle led to their mother's death. I can see some of them feeling guilty for being alive, because their mother's policy of "leaving the number of children up to God" not only led to their births, but her death.

I also think that both could happen. The first scenario would be a front to plug the exploding dam, ultimately leading to some of the kids saying "fuck it" and defecting.

But how could a child stop their mother who loves being pregnant to stop becoming pregnant? I think the kids might blame themselves but also might blame their father for not stopping it.

So who would marry the rest of the kids off? I get the show brings in income, but that would only last for so long. I think fans would help out with donations but again supporting 19 kids isn't easy.

The amount that they exploited Jim Bob's dad was/is sickening. Shots of him sleeping on his death bed, shots of him deteriorating and eventually incapable of taking care of his own basic needs, and then filming his funeral. The Duggars really have no shame.

I also think that Michelle would continue a pregnancy even if it meant her death if doctors strongly recommended abortion. There's no way she could live with being known as a woman who had an abortion to save her own life, as she would think that was selfish. The rest of the family would milk it for all its worth, and exploit her death in the way they exploited the death of Jim Bob's dad. There would of course, be a VSE for the funeral, and if Jim Bob decided to get remarried, there would be a second VSE of his wedding.

Archived