IGNORED

God does not support vaccines

NotALoserLikeYou

Our dear Megan who wrote that the Bible directed us to be not vaxx your children, she was married to a physician, had two children then went to Congo and adopted two more. Well, her Godly husband left her last year while she was pregnant with her third child and before the adoption went through. So now she is a single mother with five children.

She is blogging again "Living Whole" her is the section about her:

When I was barely no longer a teen, I married who I thought was the love of my life. I gave up my career so that he could have his, sacrificed my body to have his children, became a stay at home mom, and submitted to my husband like I thought a good biblical wife should. In the course of a year, I went from a pregnant, stay at home mom of two with a present husband, to a full-time stay at home/work at home, single mom of five. It was hard and it almost killed me. It’s still hard but I’ve learned a lot about marriage, – what it is and what it isn’t, even more about myself, have seen God deliver me through impossible circumstances, have overcome the adversities of adoption, the heartbreak of divorce, and have truly learned what it means to die to myself. I write a lot about these experiences on my blog in hopes that it will speak to others in the valleys and trenches they also find themselves in. 

Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thus proving my point that women should be capable of supporting themselves and their children.  Bet she's happy she got her education.  It's going to be what saves her and her kids.

I"m trying to garner some sympathy for her but I just can't.  I have no time to deal with anti-vaxxers.  Influenza can kill me (I get hospitalized with the common cold, my asthma is so bad).  I had a patient recently who had whooping cough.  (I got the TDaP 5 years ago, thank goodness).  

I perused her blog (all that I could stomach) and she is a self-righteous little twat.  She is disseminating inaccurate information (Measles isn't a deadly disease, tell that to my grandma, whose baby sisters and a daughter died from measles)  She also claims that the flu is not a big deal.  As I said, when the common cold lands me in the hospital with severe asthma, I don't even want to know what is going to happen if I get the flu.   I have had the flu 3 times in my life and each time I got pneumonia.

I have sympathy for her children. 

She may be a lawyer but she doesn't have a license in either Illinois or Missouri (she lives in western Illinois).  I don't know how much doctoring she can do with five kids, two who don't speak English and all are being homeschooled.

Megan's FB is one of many whackadoo sites I visit on occasion, if only to read how they bash my profession (I'm an evil RN) while insisting they sell the unapproved cure to any disease.

Her list of diseases "cured" by woo.  :laughing-lettersrofl:

Not only did I heal from Crohn’s, but I pushed through a lot of other things too, like depression, Hashimoto’s, hypofunctioning pituitary, severe adrenal exhaustion, gastroparesis, hypoglycemia, and more.

A medical miracle or someone who has no blessed clue what each of these conditions do.  

1 hour ago, Soulhuntress said:

Her list of diseases "cured" by woo.  :laughing-lettersrofl:

Not only did I heal from Crohn’s, but I pushed through a lot of other things too, like depression, Hashimoto’s, hypofunctioning pituitary, severe adrenal exhaustion, gastroparesis, hypoglycemia, and more.

A medical miracle or someone who has no blessed clue what each of these conditions do.  

Re: the hypoglycemia, Megan throwing that one in seems like she's padding the list. I have non-diabetic hypoglycemia and I'm fine as long as I eat regularly, include a protein source in my meals, avoid having an excess of refined carbs, and don't drink alcohol when my sugar is low. I've never taken medication for it or had any recommended; I just have to be a little bit more aware of what I'm eating and when. 

It's possible her hypoglycemia is a lot worse than mine has ever been and is truly a struggle for her, but in general non-diabetic hypoglycemia is primarily managed with diet even by the standards of normal medical practice. It seems like cheating a bit to put it on the woo cure list when most doctors would just recommend nutrition and lifestyle changes anyway.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Re: the hypoglycemia, throwing that one in seems like padding the list. I have non-diabetic hypoglycemia and I'm fine as long as I eat regularly, include a protein source in my meals, avoid having an excess of refined carbs, and don't drink alcohol when my sugar is low. I've never taken medication for it or had any recommended; I just have to be a little bit more aware of what I'm eating and when. 

It's possible her hypoglycemia is a lot worse than mine has ever been and is truly a struggle for her, but in general non-diabetic hypoglycemia is primarily managed with diet even by the standards of normal medical practice. It seems like cheating a bit to put it on the woo cure list when most doctors would just recommend nutrition and lifestyle changes anyway.

That list was pasted from her about me post on her blog.   With all the other endocrine issues, it seemed like she pulled a list from who knows where and claimed healing of all listed conditions.  By essential oils and quackery.  :)   

Archived