IGNORED

God does not support vaccines

NotALoserLikeYou

Oh my gosh-- this chick is like an all-natural, female version of ass-captain of the universe Matt Walsh.

Oh, and she's a super speshul genius snowflake:

Highschool was so boring, I got old binders and just copied the answers to the worksheets. Then at 15, I decided to go to college.

livingwhole.org/i-am-a-hypocrite/

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that sounds like a user title to be!

I would love to have my user title be Ass-Captain of the Universe! I would reach that post count and then immediately demote myself to lurker status.

:cray-cray:

This....X2. What a nutjob! She needs to talk to people in my parents' and grandparents' generation, who lost their children/siblings to dyptheria, scarlet fever, polio, or mumps.

Does anyone besides me think this lady is a poe?

forgive my ignorance, but what's a poe? *feels like an old lady having to ask*

Oh my gosh-- this chick is like an all-natural, female version of ass-captain of the universe Matt Walsh.

Oh, and she's a super speshul genius snowflake:

livingwhole.org/i-am-a-hypocrite/

Nailed it. She's such a genius that she knows the mind of God! That Living Whole blogger is a sanctimonious twit. She even lists "used to be feminist" among her sins. :roll:

Her about me was familiar to me. She has posted somewhere else before because she always says she has a law degree and her husband is a doctor. I'll have to look later.

forgive my ignorance, but what's a poe? *feels like an old lady having to ask*

Poe's Law refers to the frightening but true phenomenon that extremists can be so bizarre in their beliefs that it is virtually impossible to tell the difference between a sincere expression of their thoughts and a parody.

That has evolved into people saying "I think it's a poe" when they suspect parody instead of sincerity.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe%27s_Law

Oh good, when she gets a life-threatening illness easily treated with medicine, we'll see how much she trusts God.

This. Seems like she could have saved so much time and effort by just saying, "God created all these diseases so he obviously wanted some of us to get them so it's subverting God's will to prevent disease."

Poe's Law refers to the frightening but true phenomenon that extremists can be so bizarre in their beliefs that it is virtually impossible to tell the difference between a sincere expression of their thoughts and a parody.

That has evolved into people saying "I think it's a poe" when they suspect parody instead of sincerity.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Poe%27s_Law

ah! thank you :D

considering the mess that is the "about me" section, then i call either a parody or a bad liar.

My daughter is a gift from God, and I would never dishonor what he's given me by not doing my best to protect her.

This. And she'd probably be against you having an abortion for exactly that reason. Anyone see the disconnect?

This. And she'd probably be against you having an abortion for exactly that reason. Anyone see the disconnect?

salad bar religion at its best

I got my shots as a kid, too, and I still got measles and rubella. *shrug*

That said, I wonder why people use God to only argue against things rather than claim that God gave us the wisdom and the ability to use science to prevent diseases.

I also got all my shots and still had mumps, but even then, I still think vaccines are a good thing. In fact, the vaccination rate for kindergartners in my county are at the lowest they've been in years, and it's a scary thing to think about. In my opinion, God gave us science and the wisdom to use it to develop vaccines. The chicken pox vaccine wasn't available when I was growing up, so my brother and I had to get that disease. As several relatives of mine who also had chickenpox later developed shingles, as soon as I'm old enough, I'm getting that shot as well.

i also call bullshit on those. even the fact that she lists the biology and chemistry stuff separately from the family practice physician part of her husband's qualifications is weird...uh, biology and chemistry are usually important in someone becoming a doctor, you don't need to actually list that shit separately. also, iirc, it would take about 4 or 5 years on average to get the rank of captain in the air force (specific circumstances notwithstanding). then becoming a doctor takes even longer...4 years of college, 4 years or so of med school, plus residency afterwards, which is...2-3 years? i can't quite remember exactly, but even so, that's about 10 years right there. so...was the captain rank obtain during or before med school? how old is he? (i can't find reference to his age). i just smell the bullshit radiating off of this.

If you hold a masters you can commission as an O2. Professional Degrees (doctor or lawyer) commission as O3 (Captain or Lieutenant).

What rang my BS radar was she didn't say where he went to med school.

If you hold a masters you can commission as an O2. Professional Degrees (doctor or lawyer) commission as O3 (Captain or Lieutenant).

What rang my BS radar was she didn't say where he went to med school.

ah, i wasn't sure of those details (my brother was in the air force, but he went in pretty fresh out of high school). so, would this mean that he went into the air force once he was a doctor? if so, how is he now a family practice physician?

but yes, also the lack of names of schools for both him and her is definitely a cause for a pause.

Doctor commissioning is a bit weird. They don't do boot camp or the OCS school that other officers do. They do a special 6 week school that's more tailored to being a doctor in the service.

He probably did one the following:

1) Went the the military med school

2) Had a military scholarship at another school

3) went military to pay off student loans.

IMO, He's probably a resident. Most attending are O4s (Major/Lt. Cmd) or become one shortly after residency.

full disclosure: I'm running off my memory from a few years ago when I thought I might want to do this, my memory is a bit fuzy, but I did look up the resident/attending rank thing ;), see here: http://www.militarygme.org/1.html

I've also never heard of a doctor that doesn't vaccinate his or her children. :?

The only part off that post that's even vaguely logically consistent even within her own framework is that you shouldn't be protesting abortion while also using vaccines that were originally created from an aborted fetus. The rest is quite a stretch.

I also got all my shots and still had mumps, but even then, I still think vaccines are a good thing.

I didn't say they *weren't a good thing (nor do I believe that they are anything but a positive for the vast majority of people). I was just pointing out that anecdotal evidence is useless in conversations like these.

Archived