IGNORED

God does not support vaccines

NotALoserLikeYou

I saw this link posted tonight on facebook by a friend of mine, who is a somewhat liberal non-vaccinating Christian midwife. She asked what people thought. 

Here is the link:

livingwhole.org/god-does-not-support-vaccines/

Christians, we need to talk. If you are not a Christian, this post is not for you. I still love you. I still accept you. I don’t know what you believe and I’m not trying to convince you to believe otherwise. People who practice other religions…sorry, I am not well versed in the art of your faith so you’ll find little help in this post. Nominal (“in name onlyâ€) Christians, this post isn’t for you either.

No judgment here, but I need to speak to my Jesus peeps. You see, there’s this little thing called a religious exemption, and it’s being threatened. A religious exemption is offered in 48 states and gives you the right to opt out of vaccinations if it is objectionable to your faith. And in case you’re wondering, God does not support vaccines, and it is objectionable to our faith.

Then a lot of blah blah about exemptions.

The Beginning

Let’s think about this from God’s perspective and let’s go back to the beginning. This is how it all went down. In the beginning, God created heaven, earth, day, night, water, dry land, plants, animals, people, and…the immune system. He then said,

I’m missing something…oh yes, Adam needs the DNA of a dog, some cells of a monkey’s kidney, a couple of mutated viruses, bits of ground up aborted baby, a few carcinogens, some detergent, and a little hazardous waste to help trick his immune system into giving him some temporary, junk immunity. Well…Adam is a grown man, so maybe I should shoot up his baby first. 

Wrong. God saw all that he had made and “it was very good.†God’s perfect. Nothing further needed.

“Yeah, but then sin entered the world?â€Â 

Oh yes, and so did our arrogance. We actually think “we†hold the key to improving upon His design…as if He forgot something when He created the immune system. Thank God He created us to fix it right? Sin gave us the capacity to perform all sorts of evil deeds so the fact that God gave us the ability to make vaccines is not a reason to use them (1 Peter 2:16).

Aborted Fetal Cells

God is pro-life. This is an un-contested issue. There is zero scriptural support to the contrary. If you’re a Christian, you might be surprised to know that more than 23 vaccines contain cells, cellular debris, protein, and DNA from aborted babies, including: Adenovirus, Polio, Dtap/Polio/HiB Combo, Hep A, Hep A/Hep B Combo, MMR, MMRV Pro Quad, Rabies, Varicella, and the Shingles vaccines.

Probably debatable if God is unquestionably pro life, but whatevs.

Even the rabies vaccine? So, gonna just let your kid die if bitten by a rabid animal?

I’m sorry, but we cannot hold up a pro-life sign on Sunday and give our child a chicken pox vaccine on Monday. We can’t be against abortion but utilize a product derived from it. Now, I usually turn a blind eye to my fellow Christian friends who do this. It’s their business and I am not the ultimate judge, but when someone tells me I “have†to shoot up my kid with dead baby, you better believe I have a problem with it, and so does God 

Shooting up my kid with dead baby sounds like a new post count title!

Then bible verses 

Oh, but they only use cell lines from two aborted babies in the vaccines and the benefit to the public as a whole is far outweighed. False times deuce. First of all, sacrificing the few for the many is biblically unjustifiable. God prohibits child sacrifice (Exodus 20:13, Deuteronomy 5:13, 12:30-32, 18:10, Leviticus 18:21 & 20:2-5, 2 Kings 16:3, and Psalm 106:38), and there is no “for the greater good clause†or “public exception†listed in anywhere in the Bible.  

Secondly, even though there are only baby parts from a few babies in our vaccines, many more babies were aborted and dissected in the process of obtaining the perfect strain. In fact, aborted babies are being used everyday to create new cell lines for more vaccines. But just in case you didn’t hear this on the news, in church, or at your doctor’s office, here’s where these ground up baby parts came from: 

Followed by science like quotes about how aborted fetal cells were used that I am too lazy to google for accuracy, and I don't need to because you all usually know everything and you'll tell me lol

Followed by links showing vaccines causing cancer and autism and all the other ingredients are bad, too.

More bible:

In the Bible, blood represented the life force of the human or animal. Human blood was to be kept pure under all circumstances and free of contaminants like animal parts and blood (Genesis 9:4, Leviticus 17:11, 17:14, Deuteronomy 12:23, Leviticus 17:10, Acts 15:20, and Acts 15:29).

Bovine cow serum for example, is often contaminated with viruses that cause viral diarrhea. In 2012, Merck recalled over a million doses of their PedVaxHib (Hib vaccine) and ComVax HiB/Hepatitis B combination vaccine because of Bacillus Cereus contamination, a bacteria that typically causes diarrhea and food poisoning. The polio vaccines used in the 1950’s and 60’s were contaminated by the SV40 virus from monkey kidney cells now responsible for several different types of cancer including brain and bone cancer, lymphomas, leukemia, and mesothelioma, and can be passed to subsequent generations via maternal antibodies from those vaccinated with contaminated vaccines.

Others? Not important:

But wait, what about my neighbor?

Apparently, I owe my neighbor a Christian duty to get vaccinated…but you see, I don’t owe my neighbor any duty that conflicts with God’s Word. After God, I owe a duty to my child, not your child…and my child is not getting vaccinated.

Finally, diseases are no biggie 

Oh, but polio and paralysis and iron lungs…oh my! The the polio campaign is a perfect example of how fear, deception, and manipulated data are used to fear people into vaccinating. Do you think God supports fear propaganda? No. There are 365 “fear nots†in the Bible. This could be one of the many reasons “fear propaganda†seems to be ineffective at convincing the unvaccinated (who are largely made up of Christians) to change their stance.

And 

The same people thanking God for vaccines are the same ones who downplay and disregard the thousands of references in His word to how we should eat, live, and take care of our bodies. The Bible does not reference vaccines specifically, but it does reference pharmaceutical medication…to which vaccines belong. You know what the Bible calls this? Sorcery (Gal 5:20, Rev 9:21, 18:23, 21:8, and 22:15). Actually the Greek word for sorcery is “pharmakeia.†Pretty ironic don’t ya think? 

And no, I’m not saying God is “anti medicine.†I’m saying God is anti-anything that contradicts His Word and the Word is what we Christians claim to live by.

Ok?

Now, we have already had the vaccine debate here, many o'times. What particularly got me was the tone of the article and it really annoyed me. So, most of the comments were about how you can't be Christian or pro life if you vaccinate because apparently you are actively sinning and a big old hypocrite.

I have such an issue w/ people who don't vaccinate their kids!! I got all my shots as a kid. Hated everyone of them but I never got any of the diseases that the shots were used for prevention.

I have such an issue w/ people who don't vaccinate their kids!! I got my shots has a kid. Hated everyone of them but I never got any of the diseases that the shot were use for prevention.

I got my shots as a kid, too, and I still got measles and rubella. *shrug*

That said, I wonder why people use God to only argue against things rather than claim that God gave us the wisdom and the ability to use science to prevent diseases.

I have a friend who never vaccinated her kids and her son has autism.

I'm not at all promoting the dis-proved idea that vaccines cause autism, but I don't think even the most rabid anti-vaxxer thinks that they are the only cause of autism.

Basically if x causes y, it doesn't mean that everyone who uses x will get y. And everyone who has y will not have used x.

If that makes sense? If you put in other things that actually do contribute to medical problems you will get the same thing. For example : being obese can cause diabetes. But everyone who has diabetes is not obese. And everyone who is obese is not diabetic. - or- Smoking causes lung cancer. But everyone with lung cancer has not been a smoker. And not all smokers get lung cancer.

Just pointing it out because whenever any controversial health topics come up some people assume it's an all or nothing proposition ( whatever side of an issue they are on).

Any medical folks know if vaccines actually have embryonic matter in them?

I have some absolutely rabidly pro-life Facebook friends and grew up quite conservative. I'd never heard the thing about vaccinations before, so I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on that for me.

Any medical folks know if vaccines actually have embryonic matter in them?

I have some absolutely rabidly pro-life Facebook friends and grew up quite conservative. I'd never heard the thing about vaccinations before, so I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on that for me.

iirc, a few of the vaccines (not all) are grown using fetal cell lines from two different fetuses that were legally aborted in the 1960s. No new fetal lines are being used, and there is no actual fetal tissue IN the vaccines themselves.

The rubella vaccine is made from a virus taken from an aborted fetus- fetus was aborted because of fetal rubella infection the very thing that the vaccine is meant to prevent. There is no fetal matter in the vaccine. There is a modern, attenuated many generation removed form of the VIRUS in the vaccine.

The rubella vaccine is made from a virus taken from an aborted fetus- fetus was aborted because of fetal rubella infection the very thing that the vaccine is meant to prevent. There is no fetal matter in the vaccine. There is a modern, attenuated many generation removed form of the VIRUS in the vaccine.

And I kinda wonder if that was a spontaneous abortion, i.e., miscarriage. I don't think that the average Jane knows that in healthcare, the terms are interchangeable.

It ate half my post! I had said after that I thought it was interesting she didn't vaccinate to prevent autism, and her kid still wound up with it. Her family scared her into not vaccinating because autism, and he wound up having it anyway.

That said, I wonder why people use God to only argue against things rather than claim that God gave us the wisdom and the ability to use science to prevent diseases.

i have thought the exact same thing before!

also, the way she describes vaccines being made...sure, it makes it sound dangerous, because that's her agenda. the thing is, the people who are manufactoring the vaccines have a special knowledge and skill set and are trained to do it. the average person can't do it without that. and, honestly, not a lot of people are going to comprehend the full process without the training and knowledge to actually do it. so to reduce it to such simplistic terms is idiotic. i couldn't go out and build a car to legal specifications without the knowledge and training to do so, my brother can't make a shirt or a pair of pants without the knowledge and training (unless he wants it to look really weird :P ). that's not to say we couldn't do it at all, we just can't unless we know how.

really, if you take just about any specialized profession down to the bare bones, it sounds weird and possibly dangerous at times, depending on what profession you look at (radiology, for example!). it's all about the knowledge and training you receive beforehand.

I like how polio is dismissed. She's obviously not had a family member with it who was paralyzed and then died later of post polio syndrome like I have.

I also have a family member that died from polio (not that I was around, long before me!) But still, it isn't fear propaganda...so ridiculous.

iirc, a few of the vaccines (not all) are grown using fetal cell lines from two different fetuses that were legally aborted in the 1960s. No new fetal lines are being used, and there is no actual fetal tissue IN the vaccines themselves.

Thanks! I was curious where she even got that idea. :roll:

Like several of you, I was also struck with her dismissal of polio. She doesn't even make an argument about why polio isn't a big deal-- just says God wouldn't support us being afraid of it.

And yes, by saying that pharmaceutical drugs are sorcery she is saying that God is anti-medicine. That's actually exactly what she is saying.

Oh good, when she gets a life-threatening illness easily treated with medicine, we'll see how much she trusts God.

even something not necessarily life-threatening to begin with. even something seemingly simple like a tooth infection can turn deadly, because anything wrong with the mouth very easily travels to the heart. the body is an eco-system, and while it can adapt to some things, if one thing is affected - even if relatively obscure - it can spill over into more vital areas and become very, very serious if left untreated.

Oh gosh-- this is in her "About Me":

I have a degree in Political Science, a law degree, and am a Naturopath, Certified Natural Health Educator, Registered Power Yoga Instructor, writer, and stay-at-home mama. My better-half holds a biology degree, chemistry minor, is a Family Practice Physician, and is a Captain in the United States Air Force. Together we have four kids under three; and yes, we plan to have more.

There's a picture of her, and she looks like she is in her early twenties. I call bullshit on these descriptions.

Off to read more crazy!

Edited because quote tags are not italics tags.

even something not necessarily life-threatening to begin with. even something seemingly simple like a tooth infection can turn deadly, because anything wrong with the mouth very easily travels to the heart. the body is an eco-system, and while it can adapt to some things, if one thing is affected - even if relatively obscure - it can spill over into more vital areas and become very, very serious if left untreated.

What about if one of her Little Darlings gets injured? Say, a compound fracture of the tibia/fibula? Is she going to let a surgeon "try to improve on God's creation" by adding some steel plates and pins, or is she just going to let it heal NATURALLY?

People like this make my blood boil.

Oh gosh-- this is in her "About Me":

There's a picture of her, and she looks like she is in her

twenties. I call bullshit on these descriptions.

Off to read more crazy!

i also call bullshit on those. even the fact that she lists the biology and chemistry stuff separately from the family practice physician part of her husband's qualifications is weird...uh, biology and chemistry are usually important in someone becoming a doctor, you don't need to actually list that shit separately. also, iirc, it would take about 4 or 5 years on average to get the rank of captain in the air force (specific circumstances notwithstanding). then becoming a doctor takes even longer...4 years of college, 4 years or so of med school, plus residency afterwards, which is...2-3 years? i can't quite remember exactly, but even so, that's about 10 years right there. so...was the captain rank obtain during or before med school? how old is he? (i can't find reference to his age). i just smell the bullshit radiating off of this.

I'm quite touchy on this subject because my aunt died at 6 months old from whooping cough before they had a vaccine for it. Her twin brother almost died the same day, they'd declared him dead, only the nurse saw him breathing and screamed. It affected everyone in the family--my dad was there, and he was 5 years old. My child is vaccinated. Because I can not think that God would give us the ability to prevent these diseases and say, "Don't use them." And because I can not imagine my child dying in my arms, let alone dying from something I had the choice to prevent and chose not to take. My daughter is a gift from God, and I would never dishonor what he's given me by not doing my best to protect her.

This is one to go into my "I hope God gets really mad at the things done in his name" file.