IGNORED

Quinoa

Maggie Mae

I was sick a few weeks ago, & tried to make quinoa w/vegetable broth instead of water (as an experiment). I don't know if I didn't cook it long enough or what happened, because (after the prescribed cooking time) it came out half-cooked & inedible. I had to throw the whole batch out, & it made me sad. :kitty-cussing:

Edited by LadyCrow1313
eye kan't spelle

25 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

I was sick a few weeks ago, & tried to make quinoa w/vegetable broth instead of water (as an experiment). I don't know if I didn't cook it long enough or what happened, because (after the prescribed cooking time) it came out half-cooked & inedible. I had to throw the whole batch out, & it made me sad. :kitty-cussing:

Why didn't you give it some more cooking time then? 

Just now, Pretzel said:

Why didn't you give it some more cooking time then? 

I thought I had, & thought I'd given it additional time. But with being sick & not all there mentally (which is how I usually am anyways), I think my patience had been wearing thin. Is it possible to make quinoa w/vegetable broth? If so, how much longer would it need to cook?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

I thought I had, & thought I'd given it additional time. But with being sick & not all there mentally (which is how I usually am anyways), I think my patience had been wearing thin. Is it possible to make quinoa w/vegetable broth? If so, how much longer would it need to cook?

I cook it in broth all the time but I make sure to wash the Quinoa thoroughly before cooking. I never follow the description on the box, I just cook it to my liking. Quinoa is firmer and crisper than e.g. millet or couscous, but I do like it cooked in broth.  Then mixed with freshly cut veggies, goat cheese or feta, fried zucchini and spices, makes a great lunch. Yum! I do like to use a combination of cooked millet and quinoa (also in broth), an egg, grated carrot, zucchini, diced onion, some garlic and spices and add a little flour to make veggie patties. Serve with sour cream and onion or greek yogurt, onion and garlic. 

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 1

• 5 years later...

Rehashing an old thread again. [emoji14]

In the last several months, I tried cooking quinoa in a rice cooker. (I'd always cooked it in a pot before, but wanted to try the rice cooker route.) And you know what? It actually came out pretty good!

:: Mind blown ::

Trying to get better with actually Cooking Things instead of just winging it. [emoji1696]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.