IGNORED

Texas police swarm high school over miscarriage

Lillybee

This is the earliest article I can find:

myfoxdfw.com/story/26407290/dpd-possible-fetus-found-at-woodrow-wilson-high-school

The article was originally posted less than two hours after the fetus was discovered and was updated later that evening.

Thanks for the info about fetal terminology, by the way! It's good to know.

interesting, it says it was updated but doesn't say what was updated (soooo helpful -.- lol). the whole baby moses comments are just weird, overall, why would they issue a comment like that if it hadn't been determined if the fetus was viable? and if that hadn't been determined yet, it's just weird that they jump on that term right away instead of "baby", since, at least as a writer, i feel that term to be more natural until more facts are discovered re: viability. *shrug*

and you're welcome. working at a children's hospital has its perks sometimes :)

interesting, it says it was updated but doesn't say what was updated (soooo helpful -.- lol). the whole baby moses comments are just weird, overall, why would they issue a comment like that if it hadn't been determined if the fetus was viable? and if that hadn't been determined yet, it's just weird that they jump on that term right away instead of "baby", since, at least as a writer, i feel that term to be more natural until more facts are discovered re: viability. *shrug*

and you're welcome. working at a children's hospital has its perks sometimes :)

Someone was definitely doing a shoddy job of local journalism. Either in writing or updating the article. I agree that the Baby Moses comments are very weird. Maybe the original reporter assumed the fetus was an abandoned baby and just called up the organization for comment. And then never deleted said comment because he (she?) was too busy Facebooking old crushes. :|

Someone was definitely doing a shoddy job of local journalism. Either in writing or updating the article. I agree that the Baby Moses comments are very weird. Maybe the original reporter assumed the fetus was an abandoned baby and just called up the organization for comment. And then never deleted said comment because he (she?) was too busy Facebooking old crushes. :|

lol now that actually makes a lot of sense, unfortunately :P i haven't seen any follow up comment from baby moses to clarify their original statement, so i wonder if they've been following the story or if anyone has contacted them again.

lol now that actually makes a lot of sense, unfortunately :P i haven't seen any follow up comment from baby moses to clarify their original statement, so i wonder if they've been following the story or if anyone has contacted them again.

Not Baby Moses related, but I did see a brief follow-up on the story-- it was determined to be a miscarriage.

I hope young woman who suffered this miscarriage has been able to come forward anonymously and receive any aid that she needs.

i saw that. it sounds like they initially wanted to sensationalize the story, and then once they figured out there wasn't anything there, they just sorta dropped it. of course, whether they intentionally wanted to sensationalize it, or if the information provided to them seemed like it could be, who knows.

It's sad that something like this happened; more so for the young woman involved. It really gets my goat though to see stories like this chased for sensational purposes (ratings! money! fame! your pick!) and then dropped quickly if nothing pans out that is "awesome" enough to sell more papers. What that writer could have done was follow up on the article with one about prenatal care or the safe haven law with a list of various organizations that help support mothers/infants/families in need. Quite an educational moment wasted on yellow journalism. My two cents. Plus, SWAT?? Really?? Geez. :snooty:

Archived