IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

I am of the belief that Jimbob does nothing without it having some type of great advantage to him, whether it's cash or ego related. He may have purchased the plane thinking about how much money he could be reimbursed from TLC, even if it is just for short jaunts here and there. If it is just little junkets but it's part of the storyline, they could be paid for it, as well as using things like fuel, pay for JD and other expenses for tax write-offs.

From what I understand, Paragould is prime meth country. You also have the retirees buying homes on golf courses and living the high life, even if there is a meth lab on the other side of the golf course. It's probably cheaper on the front end for flight related expenses to be run through Paragould but billed out at a higher rate, closer to what it would cost to go out on from Little Rock. I have a friend who works for a soybean farmer in Paragould but has many different businesses. The farm has its own runway and aviation set up, and lots of people use the hangar to store their planes.

I don't know that I agree about Jim Bob and ulterior motives, but I think it does make a lot of sense to all of the involved parties for TLC to share at least some of the costs. As you said It's probably cheaper in the long run to have JD fly family and crew to location shots, and certainly more convenient, especially as the kids start to form their own, smaller family groups.

Plus the Duggars will have yet another business for income and write offs. And if JD focuses on chartered flights or whatever it is people do with small planes-- it will free up the towing for Ben and/or Joe. Say what you will about Jim Bobs philosophy and lifestyle- but he does seem to have a very shrewd and practical business sense. And does seem to be trying to give the various adult kids a solid start-- which seems extra important when formal education is discouraged. Of course if he didn't have a reality show their options would be much more limited- but it makes sense, to me, to try to utilize that money towards homes and businesses for your bazillion kids.

Eta: I'm surprised it would be cheaper to fly from a small rural airport / airfield, I know in my area it's much cheaper to fly from the larger cities -- but maybe that's just passengers for big airlines? Not the kind of transport that small planes do?

Also, I know people have said it would of made more sense for JD to just become a commercial pilot and work for an established airline - but I know a couple of people who tried to do that and it is incredibly expensive and with a slim shot at hire. It's apparently become an extremely competitive field. Both were college educated, one went through military pilot training, the other comes from a family of commercial pilots - and they both still had to go into other lines of work.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A question isn't necessarily a criticism, but even if it is, criticism is allowed. You have made a claim. I asked you to say more. You have declined. Okay. No apologies here.

There wasn't any reason to be so snippy with Caramel and the others. You bring something up, you run the risk of questioning. Too bad if you don't like it. That's all on you.

There wasn't any reason to be so snippy with Caramel and the others. You bring something up, you run the risk of questioning. Too bad if you don't like it. That's all on you.

I apologized. I really don't know what else to do.

I apologized. I really don't know what else to do.

FYI- I think cached versions were loading in my browser and I was getting a lot off old posts as "new" and did not know it.

Oh, look! The Duggars (or, up to four of them, anyway) are aerially on the move again:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N68SY/history

round trip from Springdale to Fayetteville yesterday, then an overnight round trip last night to this morning from Springdale to Romeoville, Illinois.

Or, er, actually, the return flight from Illinois has been scheduled. They will take off shortly. Edited because that.

Oh, look! The Duggars (or, up to four of them, anyway) are aerially on the move again:

round trip from Springdale to Fayetteville yesterday, then an overnight round trip last night to this morning from Springdale to Romeoville, Illinois.

Or, er, actually, the return flight from Illinois has been scheduled. They will take off shortly. Edited because that.

VERY cool find!!!! And Lewis is an ebul RC unii!!!

Does JD have to take a Duggar chaperone with him to flying lessons?

Didn't JD live by himself for a bit well the rest of the family was in Little Rock. I know Joseph was there for a while but then he seemed to go to little rock with everyone else. I'm sure the family will say that JD lived with Josh but I wouldn't believe that.

Didn't JD live by himself for a bit well the rest of the family was in Little Rock. I know Joseph was there for a while but then he seemed to go to little rock with everyone else. I'm sure the family will say that JD lived with Josh but I wouldn't believe that.

I was thinking the same thing!!! I bet JD had fun too!!!

I get exhausted just looking at any of the Duggars' flight schedules. If I go anywhere long distance, I want to stay for a couple of days (preferably a week) before I have to move again.

Woah.

I get exhausted just looking at any of the Duggars' flight schedules. If I go anywhere long distance, I want to stay for a couple of days (preferably a week) before I have to move again.

Not just that, but Jesus Christ, how can JD be doing all these flights? He's going to fall asleep one of these times and a bunch of Duggars are going to end up at the bottom of a pile of flaming wreckage :pink-shock:

• 3 weeks later...
Aaaand, this is the most comparably equipped 2004 Cirrus SR22 currently for sale that I could find. http://www.trade-a-plane.com/detail/1778347.html

So, advertised price, with no Christian discount or anything like that, we're talking $235,000. I saw other 2004 Cirrus SR22s for as low as $149,000.

As I posted in another thread, this is the plane they bought (going after the plane number N68SY:

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1wdcj/ ... ent/77.swf (right click and zoom in)

I don't know how to post a photo, but it's in the third column, 4th one down. It was listed for $219k.

So much for saving money

I think they have got to the point where they splurge (while Boob masks it as "investment") because this is more money than they've ever seen before and after living so poorly when we first saw them on the TV.

everything that JB and his boys do, in terms of handywork, etc, always has the feel of lots of cutting of corners when it comes to safety, etc. I think they are self taught with a lot of their trades skills, which is admirable to a degree, but I wouldn't want to rent from them, buy a car from them and most especially, fly with them. While I imagine there are strict regulations for earning a pilot's license, once that is done, how much monitoring of repairs etc is actually done for a personal plane? Can't you just imagine JB or JD rigging up some repairs with duct tape, wire, etc?

everything that JB and his boys do, in terms of handywork, etc, always has the feel of lots of cutting of corners when it comes to safety, etc. I think they are self taught with a lot of their trades skills, which is admirable to a degree, but I wouldn't want to rent from them, buy a car from them and most especially, fly with them. While I imagine there are strict regulations for earning a pilot's license, once that is done, how much monitoring of repairs etc is actually done for a personal plane? Can't you just imagine JB or JD rigging up some repairs with duct tape, wire, etc?

I am a little uneasy with planes as it is, if I knew a Duggar was behind the repairs on this thing, I would NOT be travelling in that vehicle. However I'm not a fundie, I criticise all their choices AND I wear stovepipe jeans. So don't think they'd offer me a plane ride anyway. :lol:

Both pilot and plane get annual checks. As for duct tape: The first time I flew with my dad in his airplane, he had duct taped a wheel cover. It happens.

Both pilot and plane get annual checks. As for duct tape: The first time I flew with my dad in his airplane, he had duct taped a wheel cover. It happens.

Mythbusters had an episode on duct tape once. It was great - they made a boat that didn't leak IIRC.

Aaaannnd they're off! A few trips a few days ago. Picking up or dropping off in St. Louis? Hmmmm...

ETA: And Anderson Municipal is in Indiana. Isn't there a Gothard "training" center in IN?

Edit #2: And here's the link - flightaware.com/live/flight/N68SY/history

Duggar Aviation is a way for JB to control and keep JD in line.

Just like that big house is a way for JB to control J and D and the moving Ben onto the compound was a way to control J and B.

For others it's banishment to other "camps."

JB is King and an expert at figuring out each kid's currency.

Aaaannnd they're off! A few trips a few days ago. Picking up or dropping off in St. Louis? Hmmmm...

ETA: And Anderson Municipal is in Indiana. Isn't there a Gothard "training" center in IN?

Edit #2: And here's the link - flightaware.com/live/flight/N68SY/history

Maybe they're headed to the Cards v Dodgers game-LOL!

Archived