IGNORED

Seppi-Reeder Daughter is Born

HeatherFeather

According to Regina's FB page, Dinah and Dustin's daughter Divina Gratia Esther Reeder was born after a long labor on August 28. She weighed 8 lbs, 3 oz. Congratulations to the new parents!

Heather

Oh what a mouthful of a name. :think:

Yes, apparently they read Rutherford's Lex Rex, which (according to the FB page) is thought to have inspired the name choice.

When I was taught to sing Latin , Gratia was pronounced Gra-chi-a as in the piece Deo Gratias from the Britten Ceremony of Carols.

Depends on your music teacher I think.

Solo Deo Gratia.

I just saw the homepage from the grandparents. Who on earth is put a photo from the daughter in active labor and in pain on the website? And blocked the who-not-what with a wooden board? :pink-shock: :angry-banghead:

Well I'll never be able to unsee that photo. :pink-shock:

I would flip the f$&k out if my mom posted a photo of me in that state for the world to see. -and the vag blocking board??? To each his own I know...but... :wtf:

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2014/09/baby-grace.html

I will say Dinah looks great (afterwards clearly)and her baby is truly beautiful.

I just saw the homepage from the grandparents. Who on earth is put a photo from the daughter in active labor and in pain on the website? And blocked the who-not-what with a wooden board? :pink-shock: :angry-banghead:

I suspect that's a mirror. Sometimes seeing what's going on helps the mother to concentrate and push.

"Modesty" strikes again. :roll:

ETA: You know you're finally on the Dominionist A-List when a Rushdoony congratulates you on Facebook.

facebook.com/photo.phpfbid=10203871267997777&set=a.1150486478012.2023845.1103111376&type=1

When I was taught to sing Latin , Gratia was pronounced Gra-chi-a as in the piece Deo Gratias from the Britten Ceremony of Carols.

Depends on your music teacher I think.

Solo Deo Gratia.

Sorry if this comes of as "bitchy", but I never get to put my 3+ years of Latin studies to use, so bear with me....

That's because for years people more or less applied modern Italian pronunciation to Latin, which studies has shown to be wrong, so "gratia" should be pronounced with a "clean" t, not a "ch", also the phrase is "Soli Deo Gloria", since you want it to be in the dative case "to (God) alone".

No idea how they intend for that poor baby's name to be pronounced though :think:

I suspect that's a mirror. Sometimes seeing what's going on helps the mother to concentrate and push.

I think it's a mirror, too.

In my head, I hear three syllabus- Grah- Ti- Ah, don't know if that's right, but my Catholic Latin threw that out there.

I've never had a baby, but I can't imagine that I would want 6 people, plus the midwife, plus my husband, being all up in my business and videotaping everything. They're sitting on her bed and standing right next to her! I know this is something common for FLDS women, is it common with fundies as well?

Megan is right there. I guess things must be a-okay in eldest male Seppi paradise. Or Esther is making her watch as submission to Lance punishment.

Off topic: but Lance, even the photo behind Dinah, Esther and Melody on the wall, creeps. He looks like he coated in oily skin grease and smells.

In my head, I hear three syllabus- Grah- Ti- Ah, don't know if that's right, but my Catholic Latin threw that out there.

I've never had a baby, but I can't imagine that I would want 6 people, plus the midwife, plus my husband, being all up in my business and videotaping everything. They're sitting on her bed and standing right next to her! I know this is something common for FLDS women, is it common with fundies as well?

And not even doing anything for her, just gawking. That is a very painful position. I'm surprised she wasn't more upright, it helps. (mabye it was the painful position for just that one photo) They could have been supporting her if she needed it, if her strength gave out.

about having an audience, it depends on the mom. Most fundie moms that i knew did not want a big audience, it was a very private thing, and one clinic we toured had dimmed lights if you preferred that. But i know another mom who wanted it to be a party like this was apparently. :lol:

I've never had a baby, but I can't imagine that I would want 6 people, plus the midwife, plus my husband, being all up in my business and videotaping everything. They're sitting on her bed and standing right next to her!

Amen. I sincerely hope that Dinah was ok with that crowd there and wasn't pressured to let them be there. If I'll ever give birth, you bet that I will kick every unnecessary person out of the damn room!

Also, I can't get over how Dustin looks exactly like the older Seppi brothers' long lost triplet. He looks SO alike it's actually frightening...

Amen. I sincerely hope that Dinah was ok with that crowd there and wasn't pressured to let them be there. If I'll ever give birth, you bet that I will kick every unnecessary person out of the damn room!

Also, I can't get over how Dustin looks exactly like the older Seppi brothers' long lost triplet. He looks SO alike it's actually frightening...

I was thinking the same thing! He has the same beard and look in his eyes...

I personally think it was a bit of a huge crown surrounding poor Dinah, with a camera right in her face... but I suppose she must have been ok with it. I do hope she got to chose how many people to have there!

From today's blog post: "God was about to put Moses to death because

he was renigging on his responsibility."

Oh, Esther, Esther, Esther...

From today's blog post: "God was about to put Moses to death because

he was renigging on his responsibility."

Oh, Esther, Esther, Esther...

[emoji1]

Good old SOTDRT strikes again. We couldn't make this stuff up if we tried!!

[emoji1]

Good old SOTDRT strikes again. We couldn't make this stuff up if we tried!!

Sadly, Esther is the TEACHER at SODRT!!

Sadly, Esther is the TEACHER at SODRT!!

IIRC, Esther was a paraeducator or teacher prior to her marriage, so she isn't without formal (not SOTDRT) education. The authorship of the post is unclear (or did I miss something?); perhaps the author is a poor (or phonetic) speller.

What I find interesting is the title and content of David's sermon. Curiouser and curiouser... :o

In regard to the remark about Dustin's resemblance to Lance, yes, the resemblance is remarkable. For a few months Dustin was not sporting the facial hair, and the resemblance was lessened. The first time I saw Lance, Dustin, and Dinah together, I thought that Dustin was a relative.

I could be wrong, but unless she has dyed her hair recently or unless it was dyed before, I am not seeing Megan in the photo. I don't know if I would recognize her in profile, however, as I have only seen her less than half a dozen times, if that.

Lance is quite handsome in person, seems kind and concerned, and is well-versed in his field of endeavor. If I were twenty years younger, Megan might have had some competition. :lol:

Archived