IGNORED

Scott Brown's evil empire filling the void left by VF

meda

I am unhappily amazed at how quickly Scott Brown has managed to expand his NCFIC empire since VF imploded. According to his most recent "pray for us/send money" email, he is "decentralizing" NCFIC and hiring 8 regional coordinators to do more area specific programing and outreach. Jason Dohm has of course been hired to oversee the all important southeast region. The other coordinators are somewhat unknown to me. Some other FJers will probably have more intel.

Scotty is also doing conferences in Africa and Europe, and is rushing to publish an 800 page book of "Family Theology" :roll:

It mystifies me that there is such an apparently growing market both here and abroad for this sort of discredited fringe Christianity. I wonder how Kelly and BRADRICK! feel about being off the growing gravy train.

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=12e ... 9d8747b577

I am unhappily amazed at how quickly Scott Brown has managed to expand his NCFIC empire since VF imploded. According to his most recent "pray for us/send money" email, he is "decentralizing" NCFIC and hiring 8 regional coordinators to do more area specific programing and outreach. Jason Dohm has of course been hired to oversee the all important southeast region. The other coordinators are somewhat unknown to me. Some other FJers will probably have more intel.

Scotty is also doing conferences in Africa and Europe, and is rushing to publish an 800 page book of "Family Theology" :roll:

It mystifies me that there is such an apparently growing market both here and abroad for this sort of discredited fringe Christianity. I wonder how Kelly and BRADRICK! feel about being off the growing gravy train.

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=12e ... 9d8747b577

Very telling that BRADRICK! isn't a regional coordinator.

Very telling that BRADRICK! isn't a regional coordinator.

Do you think that is by choice, after consideration/soul searching and realizing that he was sold a bag of goods (is that the right phrase?)? Or is it punishment? Or maybe just can't have his name associated with it because of his closeness to VF/DPIAT?

I think Scott Brown rushing in to fill the void left by VF expand his own empire was very predictable. He was already setting up his own internship program to compete with Doug, IIRC, and seemed poised for a take-over. I wonder whether the Tool is going to sue him and the rest of the VFM BoD as he threatened a few months ago.

Mike Cox - West Coast, Steve Hopkins - Southwest, Mike Cheney - Rocky Mountain states, Tom Ford - Deep South, Jason Dohm - Mid Atlantic, Kirk Smith - Midwest

Aside from Jason D., the names of Mike Cox and Tom Ford seem very familiar. Hazardous Adventurers perhaps?

Bradrick!'s absence from the list is very telling. I feel quite sorry for him.

Don't feel too sorry for BRADRICK! He's a real estate agent in Washington State, and (IMHO) much better off far, far away from the NCFIC crazy.

Just for grins I Googled his name, and limited the results to the past month. Lo and behold, Petey turns up on someone's website - a fellow real estate networker:

tumblr_naff5lUpXk1qzwa5so1_500.jpg

Activerain real estate network Meetup at Johnny’s in Fife WA on August 14, 2014… I never thought of a Selfie quite this way. That’s me in the mirror at the end of the table with the white shirt taking the picture. Fun blogger’s get together with Paul Henderson, Nancy Conner, Peter Bradrick, Kevin Hancock, Leslie shea, and Janet Matzke.

renefabre.net/page/4

So, it looks like he's doing all right for himself, mingling with all sorts of folks out there in the real world.

Not at all surprised that Scotty rushed in to fill the void. I think he was just chomping at the bit to do so after DPIAT''s fall and probably even before that.

Actually am glad to see that Bradrick! was not named as a coordinator. Whether it's by choice, punishment or wanting to distance himself from any DPIAT legal fallout, it can only be a good thing. He was completely blindsided by DPIATs behavior at the confrontation and it's entirely possible he knew nothing about (or didn't believe) DPIAT's improper activities. In addition to realizing he's been fooled and sold a bill of goods, he's probably pissed that, given his closeness to DPIAT, the scandal might put him at legal risk as well.

I really wonder what went down between him and Scotty. I don't think the move across the country would have happened if all was well between them, unless Scotty agreed that moving away might be best to protect his daughter and grandkids. But somehow, I just have the feeling that the DPIAT scandal did a major number on the relationship between Bradrick! and Scotty.

It's great to see Peter interacting with women in a normal, healthy way. Just a few years ago, he would have been ranting that these same women were "rebelling against God's created order."

Good to see Peter & Kelly OUT of this cray-cray even if it involves being estranged from her parents. One can only hope that a more-or-less normal life for Peter also means that Kelly can actually have one as well.

Scott Brown's activities are no surprise although one wonders if the regional coordinators are being paid in some manner. The NCFIC website has added the regional coordinators but Scott & David are still the only "leaders" of NCFIC.

NCFIC's 2012 IRS 990 (before the Doug Debacle), shows Scott being paid $69K & Peter being paid $16 K; total reported revenue for that years is $838 K. Go here for particulars: http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2 ... 1600-9.pdf

"Tom Ford" = very familiar, but I'll have to poke around later.

I was curious to see if Steven Loomis's name appeared as a west coast guy, as his and Beckers' father-idolizing church used to have a big Worldview conference for teens. Maybe it still does.

I feel not pity, only relief, for Bradrick! and Mrs. Bradrick! Even though his parents are about as dour and severe as the Browns in child trainingraising, however they are also proprietors of a working farm, IIRC.

Big difference from gentleman farmer Brown with his thousands of acres (possibly sharecropped) but AFAIK used mainly as conference-center grounds around The Browns' Barn (the prefab curiosity which he, Deborah and the last unmarried child still inhabit) and his rental properties in downtown Wherever, NC.

Even bigger difference from DPIAT/R and his bogus operations out of a ramshackle, barely-marked building in a scrappy part of the SA metro.

The elder Bradricks, for all their probable wrong-headedness, know what it is to actually run a real business/farm, to deal with weather and suppliers and customers, markets and the real effects of the economy on sales of products that people actually want and *need*.

IOW, those two have at least a foot in the real world, away from the bogus spirituality and genuine charlatanism of Brown & Phillips, et.al.

That has to bode well for BRADRICK!'s family moving back there, and especially for his success in real estate. Connections and a good rep are everything, with the selling and buying public.

My earthly head aches! I realize I could become rather fond of, and supportive toward* Petey and Blondie.

*Prayerful support, only, of course.

Do you think that is by choice, after consideration/soul searching and realizing that he was sold a bag of goods (is that the right phrase?)? Or is it punishment? Or maybe just can't have his name associated with it because of his closeness to VF/DPIAT?

This can only be good for their kids. That's probably another consideration, they don't want their children raised in that brainwashing cult even if PB could have been a regional director. He's probably never going to forget how shaky that kind of success was and what it felt like to fall so far with no warning and no safety net. (at least, that's what appears to have happened to him)

Of all the fundies we talk about here and hope that they eventually make their way into the real world, whoever thought it would be Bradrick! ?

I used to really snark on him what with his manly man emergency response organization that was nowhere to be found near any emergencies, but it does appear that the DPIAT scandal really shook him to his core and he looks to have quite a bit of integrity for someone that was high up on the VF pecking order.

I don't know that Petey's doing all that well in real estate (yet.) I googled him the other day and he only had 1 listing.

I think Scott Brown rushing in to fill the void left by VF expand his own empire was very predictable. He was already setting up his own internship program to compete with Doug, IIRC, and seemed poised for a take-over. I wonder whether the Tool is going to sue him and the rest of the VFM BoD as he threatened a few months ago.

Aside from Jason D., the names of Mike Cox and Tom Ford seem very familiar. Hazardous Adventurers perhaps?

Well, I certainly know of a Tom Ford, though I don't think this bigot is happy to share a name with him.

17747_tom_ford_100807_01.jpg

Here you go - looks like there's a big gathering of some of these guys really soon! :shock:

forgeministries.org/events/2014-conference/2014-speakers/

I think Bradrick! definitely made a statement moving his family to WA. No doubt in my mind he and Scottie are at odds. I feel sorry for Kelly only because I think she enjoyed her relationship with her mom and it must suck to be raising all 6 of her kids by herself 3000 miles away. But I'm glad to not see Bradrick!'s name on the list of regional leaders. Mark Driscoll is currently on LOA from Mars Hill -- maybe he could apply for the job!

So not surprised. These guys were all practically foaming at the mouth when Dougie went down to get their hands on that sweet, sweet pot of gold left by his void. Guess Scotty was just the first to get his act together.

I often ponder the strange tale of BRADRICK! My gut says the decision to leave was probably his. It was clear he was dejected by Dougie's fall and his shunning. His dumbass idea for a business failed in a spectacular fashion and he had to go work for his FIL who I have little doubt reminded him of his failure every day.

I'm not sure if he will ever truly leave the system behind. On one hand, he left his old life of trying to establish a goodly-home business aside and got himself a real job. Then again, he moved near his family,who are pretty fundified themselves.

I'm not sure what his future will hold, will he truly leave the patriarchy behind. There is a lot of years of that shit ingrained into his mind. However I do have hope for BRADRICK!, and that is not something I ever thought I'd find myself typing.

Hopefully Old Mother Bradrick! is helping with the homeschooling of all Bradrick!'s children since she sells herself as an "expert". I hope she has taken responsibility of her own role in setting Petey up for the whole 10 years of his life with DPIAT and is helping him to raise his family that resulted in all that brainwash.

Hopefully Old Mother Bradrick! is helping with the homeschooling of all Bradrick!'s children since she sells herself as an "expert". I hope she has taken responsibility of her own role in setting Petey up for the whole 10 years of his life with DPIAT and is helping him to raise his family that resulted in all that brainwash.

The Bradrick! grandparents boast 35-or-so grandchildren, @Least some of whom doubtless are in the Washington state area. Will she be helpful to Kelly? Is it still homeschooling if grandma helps? Do they have solutions like multi family schooling groups if all the children are related and therefore not liable to corrupt the others? So many questions.

The Bradrick! grandparents boast 35-or-so grandchildren, @Least some of whom doubtless are in the Washington state area. Will she be helpful to Kelly? Is it still homeschooling if grandma helps? Do they have solutions like multi family schooling groups if all the children are related and therefore not liable to corrupt the others? So many questions.

Actually, I think the bulk of the grandkids are not in WA. Andy and Emily Bradrick have 12 or 13 kids and they are in MN; Andy and Betsy Bradrick Barth and their brood of 13 (last I checked, could be more by now) are in TX.

Archived