IGNORED

Happy 18th Josiah

artdecades

Dear Siah,

My greatest wish for you is that one day you find these messages and realize that there has been a group of people rooting for you all along.

Happy Birthday Josiah! I really hope that you find your way out, and that you find happiness.

RUN, RUN FAR AWAY

YOU'RE FREE NOW

I was thinking the same thing today! :clap: Yes, I agree RUN RUN Josiah your of a legal age and can be who you want to be! They can only control you if you let them!

Happy Birthday Josiah,

Jessa posted a pic of you yesterday on a college campus. I hope we see many more pictures of you on a campus in the future.

Is Josiah still at Alert Academy? Didn't he do it already? This is the Instagram of one of the Alert Academy instructors, with tons of pics from the last 2 weeks, and some of the comments indicate that Josiah is there:

instagram.com/tanneralert

For whatever reason, Josiah has been doing some add on programs to the basic ALERT. Either he likes it, likes being away from home, or Jim Bob has parked him there indefinitely, maybe some day we'll find out.

Happy Birthday to my favorite (male) Duggar. (Props to Jordyn, too!) Josiah, you'll never see this due to the strict leash your parents have but know there's a whole world outside the IBLP cult. You have so much to offer and you're stifled. I wish you could enjoy this season of life WITHOUT an accountability partner.

For whatever reason, Josiah has been doing some add on programs to the basic ALERT. Either he likes it, likes being away from home, or Jim Bob has parked him there indefinitely, maybe some day we'll find out.

I have a theory on that which may not be appropriate to discuss. Lets just say it has to do with the company he has at ALERT.

When I saw the stuff they did for his graduation, he said he was going to go and do ALERT and then after that he'd be doing some online college courses. My guess is that either he's there because Boob thinks he needs it to scare him straight, or else he is there because the alternative is going back home and doing CollegePlus bullshit, which I'm sure he has figured out by now isn't as useful as they are trying to promote it to be... because how many of these CollegePlus kids are using their education in any way? Maybe he just doesn't see the point in going back home if all that's waiting for him there is an unaccredited online school.

When I saw the stuff they did for his graduation, he said he was going to go and do ALERT and then after that he'd be doing some online college courses. My guess is that either he's there because Boob thinks he needs it to scare him straight, or else he is there because the alternative is going back home and doing CollegePlus bullshit, which I'm sure he has figured out by now isn't as useful as they are trying to promote it to be... because how many of these CollegePlus kids are using their education in any way? Maybe he just doesn't see the point in going back home if all that's waiting for him there is an unaccredited online school.

I hope he's at ALERT because he wants to be. I'm sure he's made many friends. Maybe this time away from family will help him figure out who he is as a person. There are SO MANY things he can do. When you are 18 the book is wide open!

I hope he's at ALERT because he wants to be. I'm sure he's made many friends. Maybe this time away from family will help him figure out who he is as a person. There are SO MANY things he can do. When you are 18 the book is wide open!

Not just 18, but really any age (unless you're facing some quickly terminal illness, I guess). I hope that the older kids in the Duggar family don't feel those options aren't there for them just because they're in their 20's, you know? But I really do hope Josiah's at ALERT out of choice. There's just no way to know. It seems like a lot of these families do use ALERT or Journey to the Heart as correctional programs, and however much we might want to think that the Duggars aren't using it that way, I think the main reason for that hope is because of the idea that they wouldn't want to make themselves look bad in the public eye. But if they don't think their kids will ever reveal the motivation behind joining, then maybe it's not an issue for them. Still, from what people say online (which I have to rely on because I have no personal experience here) some young men apparently seem to enjoy it, and it's not as Gothard-oriented as some of the other training programs. So there really might be things that would appeal to a smart individual like Josiah (especially if he's losing faith in Gothard's dream world but not Christianity as a whole). When I look at the information about the program it is kind of hard to believe it offers any freedom to these boys, unfortunately, but maybe compared to what they're used to. And god damn... I have to cling to the hope that he's there by choice, because the concept of him (or any other person) being there for some other reason is too horrible for words.

Not just 18, but really any age (unless you're facing some quickly terminal illness, I guess). I hope that the older kids in the Duggar family don't feel those options aren't there for them just because they're in their 20's, you know? But I really do hope Josiah's at ALERT out of choice. There's just no way to know. It seems like a lot of these families do use ALERT or Journey to the Heart as correctional programs, and however much we might want to think that the Duggars aren't using it that way, I think the main reason for that hope is because of the idea that they wouldn't want to make themselves look bad in the public eye. But if they don't think their kids will ever reveal the motivation behind joining, then maybe it's not an issue for them. Still, from what people say online (which I have to rely on because I have no personal experience here) some young men apparently seem to enjoy it, and it's not as Gothard-oriented as some of the other training programs. So there really might be things that would appeal to a smart individual like Josiah (especially if he's losing faith in Gothard's dream world but not Christianity as a whole). When I look at the information about the program it is kind of hard to believe it offers any freedom to these boys, unfortunately, but maybe compared to what they're used to. And god damn... I have to cling to the hope that he's there by choice, because the concept of him (or any other person) being there for some other reason is too horrible for words.

Same here :clap:

I have a theory on that which may not be appropriate to discuss. Lets just say it has to do with the company he has at ALERT.

:D

I want to watch 19KAC so I can "get to know" some of the Duggar kids like Josiah.

But it is just so damn boring, I can barely get through an episode.

The fast-forward button my TiVo remote isn't just for commercials :P I fast-forward through 90% of J'Uterus's THs (the other 10% are the ones I've seen mentioned here and just HAVE to see for myself).

It's kind of weird to think about ALERT being only a few hours away from DFW.

Here's to hoping that Josiah and some friends of his go AWOL one night and find themselves in Dallas or somewhere interesting (i.e. not ATI approved).

Here's to hoping that Josiah and some friends of his go AWOL one night and find themselves in Dallas or somewhere interesting (i.e. not ATI approved).

Back when Joseph was first at Alert, out of curiosity I did a quick Facebook check on some of the guys in his "troop".

They came from all over the country (mostly the South, but one kid was from a neighboring town of mine in Massachusetts) and some of them seemed to have pretty normal lives; girls, school, sports, music, TV shows.

So it seems likely that for the first time in his life Josiah is spending time with peers who have not grown up in the Gothard bubble and may not even come from fundie families. We all know what teen boys talk about, so assuming he's not judging them, Josiah may be learning quite a few extracurricular things there.

• 1 month later...

I saw he was in those hockey pictures on the Pickles and Hairspray page, maybe he's finally art of ALERT? (or just out on furlough?)

Archived