IGNORED

Inside a Wisdom Book Weekly Planner

homeschoolmomma1

I never was ATI, but I once when I was nuts thought I wanted to be. So I asked a representative what it was all about. Going through old flash drives I found the pictures of the weekly planner that they use to plan the Wisdom Book Curriculum. I found parts interesting and I thought I would share. By the way. They would only send pictures/scans of this planner and not the planner even if I paid for it.

* My favorite part is

A= Vital; absolutely must be done before going to bed unless husband redirects

Also, if anyone was in ATI can you explain something for me I can't quite remember. There are the Wisdom books, but there are also separate sentence and language books. Are they part of the Wisdom books or something else ATI is selling?

cover_zps1f45b663.jpg

lessondirections_zps009e452d.jpg

weekly_zps6d3b36b5.jpg

"Redeeming the time because the days are evil"

Now, that is a great motivator for children (not).

"Redeeming the time because the days are evil"

Now, that is a great motivator for children (not).

It makes them seem about as uplifting and lively as the puritans...

:P

post-9771-1445199938004_thumb.jpg

I looked up Ephesians 5:16. This is the KJV that is on there. And all the other versions say it pretty much "making the most of every opportunity because the days are evil". It's in the context of living a life like that of Jesus. Using time wisely; for doing good. And in it they mention avoiding sexual sins, loving each other and loving God. Go on, read it yourselves. But, the taking out of context.......I see what they mean on Recovering Grace.

Please, keep on sharing.

ouch, that is ridiculously detailed. Who'd need to be told that an "Other" column in a planner was for "extra writing space"? :lol: No wonder they could only work on TWO wisdom booklet resources per WEEK. Doing this planner to the letter would take up an hour a day before they even got started on actual work.

I would hate to use a planner like that! There's no space for Saturday let alone Sunday, and there would be lots of blank spaces in the unused categories. I do like the idea to segment stuff off, like cleaning or studying or whatever, but I'd prefer for there to be the option to write in your own... One of the categories - Applications/Projects - is planning on what you're going to write in another planner!! :doh:

The only positive thing is that there's no pre-written times. I always hated dayplanners that had a couple lines for each hour of the day. They would always stop at some early time like 10PM, even though I sometimes didn't start work until around that time. Always too late to go to church in the morning; not that it mattered, since I'd sometimes work on God's Day too :naughty:

I would hate to use a planner like that! There's no space for Saturday let alone Sunday, and there would be lots of blank spaces in the unused categories. I do like the idea to segment stuff off, like cleaning or studying or whatever, but I'd prefer for there to be the option to write in your own... One of the categories - Applications/Projects - is planning on what you're going to write in another planner!! :doh:

The only positive thing is that there's no pre-written times. I always hated dayplanners that had a couple lines for each hour of the day. They would always stop at some early time like 10PM, even though I sometimes didn't start work until around that time. Always too late to go to church in the morning; not that it mattered, since I'd sometimes work on God's Day too :naughty:

The POINT is not to have time to reflect. You must use every moment to be busy so you don't think about it all.In C.S. Lewis's Screwtape Letters, in which "the devil" is teaching his nephew how to make people leave their faith behind, he advises to keep them too busy to reflect and think for themselves. Make them busy so others (i.e. the devil) can think for them. Before you write this off its a very well written story that even my very, very cynical 15 year old son loved. There is so much truth in that.

Remember the Maxwell's Masters of Their Homes/schools scheduling system--that's what it does--it makes sure every moment is planned and with the exception of infants and toddlers nap time, there is no "down" time--chores, chores and constant togetherness. It breaks you down.

We did wisdom booklets for a while when I was a kid. I thought they were AWFUL. I didn't learn a damn thing. Fortunately my mom was an actual educator with a masters degree and didn't rely solely on these ridiculous books. Thank God they got out of ATI, they still won't talk about WHY.. but I assume it's because they realized how ridiculous all of it as.

Thank goodness they told us the purpose of each section was. I never would have figured out what the "notes" section or the "schedule" section was without a detailed explanation.

Archived